• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I think if fortnite did get content it would be spirits or a mii costume at most.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think if fortnite did get content it would be spirits or a mii costume at most.
Same as my thought. The game series itself is making a small splash, but there's little reason to go for a character overall. It's not in the same boat as some bigger stuff. I mean, it's not impossible, but I don't think it's too likely. A spirit sounds like what I'd expect at most.

Who knows, though. A lot of stuff is surprising to us when it happens anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd rather not have Fortnite touch Smash at all ever. Its like Undertale (Sans memes notably which are annoying and not funny). Everywhere I go involving gaming I see it. Its unavoidable.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Turns out my Power A Switch Controller works on my computer after all. Made the Mega Man Starforce Endwave demo A LOT more fun. I'm about to try out Pocket Fighter EX's demo and see how I like it.

I still unironically want CJ from GTA in Smash. Neutral Special can be a firearm weapon, Side B could be a motorcycle, Up B can be the Jetpack, and Down B could be switching weapon types like in GTA.

His melee attacks are the combos from GTA, his throws could be the throws from GTA, with down throw being a stomp to the head, and his Smash attacks could be Melee weapons found in GTA.

Big Smoke appears in his taunts.
Honestly? I wouldn't mind CJ either. Though I dunno if San Andreas was on a Nintendo system.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So this 4chan post from last month included a Galarian Ponyta
Make of this what you will.
Plausible, but I can't say I believe it. Looking at the time of its posting the only thing it's gotten right so far on its own is Galarian Ponyta, the rest that are confirmed have already been established/taken from other leaks (ex. Gigantimaxed Lapras), already confirmed through Pokemon's official channels (ex. Sirfetch'd is a Sword exclusive), or were leaked by intern-kun's mistake (ex. Corviknight having two pre-evolutions, which we knew through the Dynamax Camera feature). So it's only hanging on by one detail, a detail of which isn't impossible to guess since a regional form Fairy type Ponyta has been a popular subject since SM, and as a result it doesn't have too much to stand on as of this point.

With that said, I wouldn't mind this leak being real, all except one of my favorite Cover Legendaries are present, and Luxray, Haxorus, and Pawniard get some love. I would still come out pretty happy with it overall.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So this 4chan post from last month included a Galarian Ponyta
Make of this what you will.
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on this one.

While it is impressive how it got Galarian Ponyta and its typing correct, that's a Galarian form I could legitimately see as just a lucky guess. I'd have to see something a little more unusual and unpredictable.

Still, if this is true, I honestly wouldn't be upset. Over 600 Pokemon, plenty of Legendaries (including Reshiram and Zekrom) and half of the starter Pokemon returning. Not entirely convinced though, and the sheer number of Legendaries even when divided in half has me questioning how in the world you'll be able to spread them out across both games.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wouldn't bet on it. While it's popular, Epic Games doesn't have much of a history with Nintendo, and Fortnite hasn't exactly solidified a place in gaming history.
Just saying, though, but, regarding any relatively recent series, wouldn’t appearing in Smash help make it have a solidified place in gaming history? Not that I really care about Fortnite, but, I’m just saying, in regard to potentially up-and-coming franchises.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just saying, though, but, regarding any relatively recent series, wouldn’t appearing in Smash help make it have a solidified place in gaming history? Not that I really care about Fortnite, but, I’m just saying, in regard to potentially up-and-coming franchises.
Sakurai doesn't really view Smash inclusion as a charity.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I mean, certainly. Newer characters have appeared in Smash before. I meant it'll probably have to stand the test of time first before Nintendo decides if putting a Fortnite rep in Smash is a good idea.

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh that one, I thought there's a proper one out there. I think I actually have it somewhere on my other PC, I'd have to check though.

Lemme just say you shouldn't get your hopes up too high. It's a very abridged version of DKC1 (12 pages) and was simply an insert in those Club Nintendo magazines (4 pages split into 3 magazines), nothing too fancy.
I am aware. I've seen the full comic, just not translated.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Nintendo: Jody Summers
Bandai Namco-Ivy
Sega-Ulala
Ubisoft-none
Blizzard-Junkrat or Sarah Kerrigan
Bethesda-none
Square Enix-Lara Croft
Capcom-Phoenix Wright
Sony/Guerrilla-Aloy
Microsoft-none
SNK-would have preferred Mai over Terry
Atlus-none
Arc System-none
Activision-Crash Bandicoot
Koei Tecmo-none
Konami-none
Platinum-none
Monolith-none
Netherrealm-Kitana, Raiden or Jacqui Briggs
NIS- none
CD Project Red-Yennifer
EA-Garrus Vakarian
Indie-none

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, Pocket Fighter EX is still dope with the controller too. I still prefer 2-Pad for most of my actions, but for some reason, Half Circle inputs are WAY easier for me with analog stick. Other inputs work fine enough but I can get Ryu's Donkey Kick more consistently on Analog.

D

Deleted member

I am aware. I've seen the full comic, just not translated.
Well, I found the scans on an external hard drive. I was once in a nostalgic mood and downloaded all CN comics. Going through the folders one by one right now because they're labeled after release date and not name, I saw another DK comic with DK, Diddy and Dixie going to the White House and then space. I'll see if there are more DK centric ones besides those two.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on this one.

While it is impressive how it got Galarian Ponyta and its typing correct, that's a Galarian form I could legitimately see as just a lucky guess. I'd have to see something a little more unusual and unpredictable.
Yeah, guessing a fairy type version of a unicorn Pokemon for the Great Britain inspired region isn't too impressive. I'd wait for something else (that wasn't already leaked beforehand) for this leak to be taken seriously

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I'm finna really download some more fan games now that I know my controller actually works for it.

Hype Man X8.jpeg

I won't do it right away, but now I know I got options!

D

Deleted member

If you guys thought I was joking above, well... I wasn't.

Some of those comics were weird.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, certainly. Newer characters have appeared in Smash before. I meant it'll probably have to stand the test of time first before Nintendo decides if putting a Fortnite rep in Smash is a good idea.
And then there's Joker... and Corrin

Don't get me wrong, Persona and Fire Emblem are obviously very big series, but I get skeptical of franchises with new unique main characters every installment getting in before they've aged a little bit and future installments come out to see if people really care for them beyond the fact that they're the newest main character of the newest game. Just so that the roster stays a little more evergreen.

Come to think of it, that's gonna have to start applying to Pokemon too now that not every mon will continue to return in every game.

They could very well decide on allowing a Fortnite character to join the battle if they decide it's a good marketing ploy.
(If they do do this, I want them to Hero it and have multiple characters share the slot. It's not like any of them are significantly different in any way from each other right? It could work.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, two things. First of all, I went through all my folders and there are only those two DK centric comics (DKC and the space one). The other thing is, I was mistaken. I don't have all comics, I'm missing some from 1999 onwards, though it's not a big loss to me, as the comics changed drastically during that time, including artstyle, for better or worse.

As for what comics there are: a ton of Mario ones (including Picross even), two DK ones, some Zelda ones, Terranigma, Blast Corps, Wave Race and various crossovers. Probably more I'm forgetting right now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, two things. First of all, I went through all my folders and there are only those two DK centric comics (DKC and the space one). The other thing is, I was mistaken. I don't have all comics, I'm missing some from 1999 onwards, though it's not a big loss to me, as the comics changed drastically during that time, including artstyle, for better or worse.

As for what comics there are: a ton of Mario ones (including Picross even), two DK ones, some Zelda ones, Terranigma, Blast Corps, Wave Race and various crossovers. Probably more I'm forgetting right now.
"The icicle dared to defy Kirby, and for that, Kirby was pissed."
1570303768092.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Bayonetta barely stood the test of time before she got added in Smash. Her franchise only had two games in the series, and while neither sold poorly, I wouldn't argue that she had a bright future set in stone. Heck, I'm still skeptical of her future today, especially since her Switch ports had mediocre sales in the West and absolutely bombed in Japan.

So no, I don't really think characters or their series have to prove themselves before getting in Smash. I used to believe that, but some of the franchises added between these last two games made me change my point of view.

D

Deleted member

I forgot to mention, if anyone cares about translating them, feel free to contact me for the raws. I'll flat out admit that I'm too lazy for this and I also hate translating stuff.

"The icicle dared to defy Kirby, and for that, Kirby was pissed."
View attachment 240941
I know you're joking except... you're not. It's not apparent due to the cropping, but it is indeed an ice monster. So, good guess there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I forgot to mention, if anyone cares about translating them, feel free to contact me for the raws. I'll flat out admit that I'm too lazy for this and I also hate translating stuff.
I'm working on dubbing the Banjo-Kazooie comic "Midnight at Mad Monster Mansion." Already have the raw version, though.

I know you're joking except... you're not. It's not apparent due to the cropping, but it is indeed an ice monster. So, good guess there.
Ah. My bad.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, I am going to a basketball game tonight. Just wanted to let you all know.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Do you need the DKC for a dubbing project as well? A Youtube collab or something?
I'll be dubbing the DKC comic, so if you could put that in a Google Drive and send that to me, I'd appreciate it.

I was praising you, silly.
I was reading kinda fast, and thought you were saying "It's actually an icicle monster, not a regular icicle" or something. Silly me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom