• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was a cute idea, but I personally feel we should have gotten more info. I feel Nintendo should stick to directs formPokemon.
TPCI, in this case. Nintendo isn't in charge of Pokémon's marketing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's the way it goes, I suppose.

That was a cute ending clip. But I just want to say that it took only a minute to reveal Obstagoon and the gang, and that had additional information with it.

Just to echo what I said before, this was a great idea in theory, but terrible execution. There's literally two things that can make this sort of thing a lot better.

*Don't make it 24 hours
*have more things happen within the stream

I'm very happy that we are getting a Galarian Ponyta. It's a very cute Pokemon. But one Pokemon alone wasn't enough to hype up a 24 hour live stream.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's like a month before the game comes out right?
Did the marketing team really think it was a wise move to tease fans by only showing two new Pokemon in a 24 hour live stream when the game is so close for release?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah. I was hoping they could redeem themselves at the end but all I got was more disappointment.

Maybe they'll announce a direct soon and I can look forward to starter evos

Shroob

Sup?
This'll go down in history alright.

Probably not for the reason TPCI was expecting.

Galarian Ponyta is adorable

But this was ****ing terrible

Shroob

Sup?
This might have not been the best idea, but ya'll are overexaggerating on how much damage this caused Pokemom SwSh lol.
No one's expecting this, dexit, or anything to hamper SwSd's sales.

But the gaming press and fans are going to have a ****ing field day with this.

24 hours for 1(2) new Pokemon, and the stream could have been turned off 9 hours ago when we got said new Pokemon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

24 hours for 1(2) new Pokemon, and the stream could have been turned off 9 hours ago when we got said new Pokemon.
This will blow over in like a day, don't kid yourself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It was still a fun ride. I got very angry last night because of the slowness, but I had fun. Not a ride that I would ride again, were it played out the same, but fun nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Man, I'm sorry for the fans who were hyped. They didn't even bother with Rapidash, huh? I really didn't expect it to just cut off like this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not bad, could've been handled much better.

The Ponyta are adorable and that Rapidash tease.

Now how long do we have to wait for a proper introduction to the Galarian Ponyta & Rapidash (and Impidimp)?

D

Deleted member

Or we could look at this mother****ing chad of a unicorn we just received.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not bad, could've been handled much better.

The Ponyta are adorable and that Rapidash tease.

Now how long do we have to wait for a proper introduction to the Galarian Ponyta & Rapidash (and Impidimp)?
I was just about to post this.
Soon..?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man, I'm sorry for the fans who were hyped. They didn't even bother with Rapidash, huh? I really didn't expect it to just cut off like this.
Yeah wait, Yeah where the hell did Rapidash go? Is that ****ing close up and snort on the camera all people get? For real?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was just about to post this.
Soon..?
Scientist lingo to "oops. I forgot to do this."

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You underestimate the power of meme culture.

24 Hour Horse gun b the next big meme in the community.
The memes already started since like the 1st hour, people are actually having a lot of fun cracking jokes about it, Impidimp, and they love Pontya. Surprisungly, not a lot of rage, just mostly people making the most out of the situation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What surprised me the most was the like-to-dislike ratio. While it took a hit over time, it still ended on an 80% positive reception, which kinda boggles my mind, given there was nothing most of the time, quite literally.

Shroob

Sup?
What surprised me the most was the like-to-dislike ratio. While it took a hit over time, it still ended on an 80% positive reception, which kinda boggles my mind, given there was nothing most of the time, quite literally.
It's a legitimately interesting concept, despite pretty much nothing happening.

I have to give credit where credit's due, it's a cool idea

Just do more with it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know how MCU stans went ballistic about the MCU not being called art by 1 dude and demanded he treat the popcorn flicks with respect? Pokemon has similar shills due to it being even bigger

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nah, I think you're underestimating the pokémon fanbase and how gaming fanbases as a whole will mark down how "hype" the marketing has been up until the next installment of a franchise and often compare or contrast it with other games and their waiting periods.

Yes, it's not gonna critically harm SwSh's sales, but the fans absolutely will remember **** like this because half of the experience is waiting to see what gets revealed next and if it can instill hype in you.

The whole reason these boards are active is because we're still technically in a speculation cycle with DLC in the picture and I definitely remember this place being much livelier before Ultimate released because that's how the internet works with gaming media; it's mostly just the hype and then when the game releases, it's the entertainment value that'll eventually fade after a few days, maybe weeks of the intial crowd basically giving their opinions and observations.

Tl;dr: This "hype cycle" for SwSh is pretty abysmal compared to previous games for quite the amount of people. Hell, Dexit is STILL going strong.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I actually liked this thing sorta but,

Goodness...

I probably only enjoyed it more because of the jokes and memes tbh, they didn’t even have Sonia come to pack up and thank us herself. The scenery was very nice and I liked the Pokémon popping up but it was pretty barren most of the time. It’s a nice and cute idea, and I’m sure no one was supposed to stay watching the majority of it, but still.

I didn’t stay up for it overnight, though, I went to sleep after checking on it a bit.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The one thing I disliked above all else was the ambience.

It was such a short track, and whenever it looped I swear it sounded like a dude clearing his throat.

D

Deleted member

So what type do you think Galarian Pontya will be?
I'm expecting Fairy and...

Yeah, just fairy.
Probably Fairy/Normal with a Fairy/Flying pegasus evolution.

It's a legitimately interesting concept, despite pretty much nothing happening.

I have to give credit where credit's due, it's a cool idea

Just do more with it
I mean, I don't disagree that the idea was good, just not the execution. It's just said execution was terrible, so I expected the ratio to be closer to 70/30. Though I guess it is quite low for Pokemon to begin with.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Maybe this was smart. Get people riled up and make sure they never forget Galarian Ponyta's reveal. Give us nothing and starve us so that the tiny crumb we get is some godsend.

Also make it so that meme culture can do It's thing without the chance of them missing out on much in the process.

Maybe whoever proposed this idea is in-touch with their inner memelord millennial/gen z side

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, I think you're underestimating the pokémon fanbase and how gaming fanbases as a whole will mark down how "hype" the marketing has been up until the next installment of a franchise and often compare or contrast it with other games and their waiting periods.

Yes, it's not gonna critically harm SwSh's sales, but the fans absolutely will remember **** like this because half of the experience is waiting to see what gets revealed next and if it can instill hype in you.

The whole reason these boards are active is because we're still technically in a speculation cycle with DLC in the picture and I definitely remember this place being much livelier before Ultimate released because that's how the internet works with gaming media; it's mostly just the hype and then when the game releases, it's the entertainment value that'll eventually fade after a few days, maybe weeks of the intial crowd basically giving their opinions and observations.

Tl;dr: This "hype cycle" for SwSh is pretty abysmal compared to previous games for quite the amount of people. Hell, Dexit is STILL going strong.
Of course they're gonna remember it, but ya'll acting like every single person who saw the livestream is gonna be raging hard, when I'm saying that the rage won't even stick around for long. Let's not underestimate how easily distracted gamers are, dangle a shiny new trailer in front of them, and they'll forget everything immediately. Why do you think Dexit is dying? People were pissed when it first came out, and now people are just apathetic about it, many of which are still buying the game regardless because they were able to look past it, while some just won't buy it.

This is more like the November direct. Remember, people were having meltdowns hard after the long, drawn out spirits segment, and the deconfirmation of many fan faves, alongside Plant. It was a massive hype killer for many, but you barely hear anyone talk about it shortly after because they all moved on past it. It's still memorable, but it's not gonna be something to rage about when times come.

The fanbase will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom