• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I haven't watched the stream one single time, but from what I heard, it sound just as interesting as watching this for hours.
Q Wall.gif

Nothing ever happen in this window!

Shroob

Sup?
In other news, it seems like Galarian Ponyta has a gender difference, ya remember those actually exist?

At the very end when the two are playing with one another, one straight up doesn't have a tail. There's nothing on its flank to indicate a tail should even be there while the other has a full tail.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Of course they're gonna remember it, but ya'll acting like every single person who saw the livestream is gonna be raging hard, when I'm saying that the rage won't even stick around for long. Let's not underestimate how easily distracted gamers are, dangle a shiny new trailer in front of them, and they'll forget everything immediately. Why do you think Dexit is dying? People were pissed when it first came out, and now people are just apathetic about it, many of which are still buying the game regardless because they were able to look past it, while some just won't buy it.

This is more like the November direct. Remember, people were having meltdowns hard after the long, drawn out spirits segment, and the deconfirmation of many fan faves, alongside Plant. It was a massive hype killer for many, but you barely hear anyone talk about it shortly after because they all moved on past it. It's still memorable, but it's not gonna be something to rage about when times come.

The fanbase will be fine.
I remember that.

Sigh. I still don’t understand Sakurai’s mindset when it came to picking some of those Assist trophies. If it was to get characters in the game that he didn’t have time to put on the roster like he said, then why didn’t he just save those characters for DLC? He had to know he’d be doing DLC to some degree.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh. I'm still miffed at Trophies being gone and stuff.

But I mean the 5 Stages of Grief ultimately has to end with acceptance for someone with a healthy mindset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know how MCU stans went ballistic about the MCU not being called art by 1 dude and demanded he treat the popcorn flicks with respect? Pokemon has similar shills due to it being even bigger
I mean I agree the stream sucked but people absolutely were in the right to criticize Scorsese.

Shroob

Sup?
Of course they're gonna remember it, but ya'll acting like every single person who saw the livestream is gonna be raging hard, when I'm saying that the rage won't even stick around for long. Let's not underestimate how easily distracted gamers are, dangle a shiny new trailer in front of them, and they'll forget everything immediately. Why do you think Dexit is dying? People were pissed when it first came out, and now people are just apathetic about it, many of which are still buying the game regardless because they were able to look past it, while some just won't buy it.

This is more like the November direct. Remember, people were having meltdowns hard after the long, drawn out spirits segment, and the deconfirmation of many fan faves, alongside Plant. It was a massive hype killer for many, but you barely hear anyone talk about it shortly after because they all moved on past it. It's still memorable, but it's not gonna be something to rage about when times come.

The fanbase will be fine.
I don't think anyone here is upset

It's more a "wait that's it? Just that in 24 hours?"

Shroob

Sup?
Not this thread, just the fanbase as a whole. I just doubt this stream was rage worthy for the fanbase as a whole.

Dexit was rage. This will be met with jokes and...

Pony people.
I don't think people are raging.

They're just disappointed in the lack of things happening.

It was incredibly bare bones.

It was boring as **** more than anything.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't think people are raging.

They're just disappointed in the lack of things happening.

It was incredibly bare bones.

It was boring as **** more than anything.
I'll agree with that. However some people really love Galarian Pontya.

So... mission accomplished?

At the same time, it appears as if we're getting a trailer pretty soom, which would probably soften the blow.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not this thread, just the fanbase as a whole. I just doubt this stream was rage worthy for the fanbase as a whole.

Dexit was rage. This will be met with jokes and...

Pony people.
I mean. I’m a little mad because they haven’t really shown us anything about the games aside from like, the stuff you’d read on the back of the box (and even that would probably have starter evolutions). I want them to sell me this game. I want them to make me want it. But as it stands, I’m not. I put it on my Christmas list. But i’m not spending my own money on it unless something is shown that makes me really want it. And so far nothing has.

D

Deleted member

I certainly ain't upset about the stream. I wasn't planning on getting SwSh to begin with, so I barely even paid attention. I'm just sorry for the people who were hyped, because, even though I ain't buying them, I'm also not the kind of person who revels in schadenfreude.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean. I’m a little mad because they haven’t really shown us anything about the games aside from like, the stuff you’d read on the back of the box (and even that would probably have starter evolutions). I want them to sell me this game. I want them to make me want it. But as it stands, I’m not. I put it on my Christmas list. But i’m not spending my own money on it unless something is shown that makes me really want it. And so far nothing has.
Yeah, I can see that, but everyone hated SuMo's style of revealing info like every other week, so now we have a more dripfeed style.

Shroob

Sup?
My main gripe is that, for being in the world of Pokemon, there weren't that many Pokemon period.

I don't think people would have even minded if the old Pokemon showed up more often if they had done more than just walk off screen over and over.

It didnt feel 'alive'.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Prepare for more disappointment when DLC fighter 5 ain't revealed in November with Terry and having to wait until the VGA on December 12th. :troll:

Watch DLC fighter 5 be the Goose. :troll:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I come here to bring you this rare leaked footage of Galarian Rapidash.

Marvel in its majesty.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In other news, it seems like Galarian Ponyta has a gender difference, ya remember those actually exist?

At the very end when the two are playing with one another, one straight up doesn't have a tail. There's nothing on its flank to indicate a tail should even be there while the other has a full tail.
****ing ouch, Which ever sex doesnt have a tail must be in pain

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, as for Pokemon confirmed in Galar:
Morelull and it's evo
Phantump and its evo
Galarian Pontya and Rapidash
Pikachu (no way)

And with Phantump there, we can assume Pumpkaboo is there as well.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that would maybe make me reconsider buying it is if they finally make Kotora and Raitora canon. I love those tigers. As it is right now, I'll wait until I find it used for cheap somewhere, I'm in no rush.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I can see that, but everyone hated SuMo's style of revealing info like every other week, so now we have a more dripfeed style.
So.... they’re just being stupid then. There are places between a raging river and a drip-feed tube. Why couldn’t they do something a little more balanced?

Because from where I’m standing, it gives the impression that they feel like they don’t NEED to show the game off because it’s Pokémon and people will buy it regardless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually the back of the box typically only has the base forms of the starters.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
still don't get why people didn't like sun and moon's way of revealing information, does knowing all the new pokemon really ruin it that much?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So.... they’re just being stupid then. There are places between a raging river and a drip-feed tube. Why couldn’t they do something a little more balanced?

Because from where I’m standing, it gives the impression that they feel like they don’t NEED to show the game off because it’s Pokémon and people will buy it regardless.
Well, they keep iterating that they still have a lot to show off, so I would expect a massive info dump soon.

I will agree that the drip feed is a little too slow for my likings.

Shroob

Sup?
still don't get why people didn't like sun and moon's way of revealing information, does knowing all the new pokemon really ruin it that much?
I mean, kinda.

It's definitely nice to know everything ahead of time so you can plan out teams but

Imagine if they had kept the ultra beast subplot hidden.

That **** would have been so weird and cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, they keep iterating that they still have a lot to show off, so I would expect a massive info dump soon.

GF is like A nurse gave you an IV drip that is tied up and thinks you are getting enough fluids anyway

Shroob

Sup?
They flat out spoiled the main plot twist with the Aether foundation and Team Skull too.
Yeah I remember that day.

People were excited that the evil team was thugs again and not hellbent on taking over the world.

Then Aether appeared and everyone collectively said "they're evil!"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Didn't X&Y kinda keep everything under wraps as well, and people hated it because they didn't know much aside from Megas and 3D graphics? And they hated SuMo's advertising because they showed too much?

Pokemon fans are wierd. Then again, they're the only RPG fans that actually enjoy grinding for whatever reason, so...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I remember that day.

People were excited that the evil team was thugs again and not hellbent on taking over the world.

Then Aether appeared and everyone collectively said "they're evil!"
At least it corrected an egregious oversight.

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma
Skull

Aether Foundation
Flare

GRAMPS AF

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Didn't X&Y kinda keep everything under wraps as well, and people hated it because they didn't know much aside from Megas and 3D graphics? And they hated SuMo's advertising because they showed too much?

Pokemon fans are wierd. Then again, they're the only RPG fans that actually enjoy grinding for whatever reason, so...
I mean to be fair x and ys plot kinda blows chunks.

Aside from the az stuff which happens like, 3 times, team flare sucks.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Team Yell isn't really a team when you compare them to the other teams in the series.

More like a toxic fanbase if anything.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Huh, I've never seen any complaints about this before. Did people really hate the way they scheduled reveals?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know Team Yell is like a joke team, but I still can't tell who's the evil team in SwSh. I was expecting it to be Leon, but then the Pokemon League console shows up, and then Team Yell shows up, and... yeah.

Actually, if this plot dealt with corruption inside sporting leagues, which is a legit real world issue, then I would be stoked.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To me, a huge part of my enjoyment of adventure games is going out and discovering things for myself. It's exciting to see a new pokemon revealed in a trailer, but it's even more exciting to see or evolve one for the first time when playing the game organically.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Actually the back of the box typically only has the base forms of the starters.
Nice hat!

Let's be honest, they ain't wrong about that.
It still feels arrogant. And honestly, no franchise should ever be able to get away with this. It’s why I’m super critical of companies like Disney and Nintendo to begin with.

Also yes, my hat is Magnificent. But how you can see it I know not. Are you spying on me?

Are you sure they aren’t talking about Launch day?
I know Team Yell is like a joke team, but I still can't tell who's the evil team in SwSh. I was expecting it to be Leon, but then the Pokemon League console shows up, and then Team Yell shows up, and... yeah.

Actually, if this plot dealt with corruption inside sporting leagues, which is a legit real world issue, then I would be stoked.
What if the game just doesn’t have a plot at all? What if it’s the NSMB of Pokémon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom