• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tonight on Smashboards: A Pokemon stream that shows absolutely ****ing nothing except for the head of Celestabellebethabelle Rapidash, and people debating over whether or not Gooigi is edible.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Tonight on Smashboards: A Pokemon stream that shows absolutely ****ing nothing except for the head of Celestabellebethabelle Rapidash, and people debating over whether or not Gooigi is edible.
Yeah, it SHOULD be about how one of Nintendo's producers thinks Yoshi is everything :yoshi:

Granted it was in context of a Wario equivalent of Yoshi, but it's still hilarious...

Shroob

Sup?
I will say though, we're what, 12 hours into this and we've seen a single new Pokemon?

Like I said earlier, it's cute but not 24 hours worth of cute.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't think that's ponyta, I'm gonna have to be #TeamFake on Galarian Ponyta, sorry folks, that's my stance

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just waiting for Grookey's final evolution to suddenly show up and beat the protagonist trainer over the head with a stick while teaching them a lesson about how one should learn from the past rather than run from it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nothing makes me more paranoid than being tagged in a post and then clicking on it and seeing the person deleted it.

Like. I wanna know what was said.
Sorry, here ya go.

I wasn't saying it should go on sale.

but no I don't know what that is.
It's not very important but there's a standard usually set that games should be sold at a certain price based on development and production costs etc.

Right now, judging by inflation among other circumstances, we SHOULD be paying around $120 a pop for games but we all know that that's not going to go over very well with the general gaming public.

And then we go on to wonder why Developers and Voice Actors don't make as much as they should.

Edit: look at it this way. The MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Refail Price) is set by Nintendo depending on the wage and budget Nintendo has given to Grezzo to moae the game. Japan doesn't really have Unions so if you see a bug game selling for say $40? It means that the wages that the developers are getting paid is very minimum. Blow that up to some of the biggest games like Monster Hunter World where millions of hours of technical investment and achievement was spent on that game but was still sold for $60 which probably means that the payed wages of it's employees were... rather bad. So, Nintendo paid a small studio a healthy amount to make a, by most purposes, an easily developed game. Capcom paid around that same amount to their employees to make Monster Hunter World which had a much larger team and much tougher development cycle. See what I mean?
Basically what I'm trying to say is we're basically getting a steal on games still selling at $60 the same way they were sold in the 80s-90s and yet we still ***** about it.

We're literally going to ***** people out of their jobs.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I will say though, we're what, 12 hours into this and we've seen a single new Pokemon?

Like I said earlier, it's cute but not 24 hours worth of cute.
I don't think they expect anyone to watch the whole thing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ll say this if it is just galarian ponytail, rapidash better have a damn evolution

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Basically what I'm trying to say is we're basically getting a steal on games still selling at $60 the same way they were sold in the 80s-90s and yet we still ***** about it.

I don't really care about games selling for $60. That's fine.

I just thought it was a Nintendo diss ¯\_( l__l )_/¯

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, here ya go.

That’s why I don’t generally complain about DLC and micro transactions. In fact... now that I think about it.... I really don’t know why I complained in the first place. Those Crash and Spyro games being sold the way they are probably says more about Activision and their practices than Nintendo.

Like, for a little bit it does look bad on nintendo’s part when games like that are selling as cheep at they are. It does make them look greedy on the surface. But then you think about it. You start to realize exactly what allows Activision to sell those games for that price. And Nintendo doesn’t look as bad anymore.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't really care about games selling for $60. That's fine.

I just thought it was a Nintendo diss ¯\_( l__l )_/¯
No yeah, it wasn't pointed at you. It was pointed at these people's tweets that are trying ng to say that Nintendo is robbing then or whatever they're trying to say when developers are humans that need jobs, y'know? It's like we just assume that video games make themselves until we hear that developers are underpaid and we demand higher wages for them, but also refuse to pay more for games. It's hypocritical and ignorant and no one realizes it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well. Now I'm in a conundrum. Do I stay up another two hours to witness another sighting or go to bed?

I'll stay up... but god damn, it better be sooner this time.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If Link's Awakening was 30$ I'd probably get it, the price is a valid complaint when the remake doesn't really add anything of note over the original besides enhanced visuals

D

Deleted member

That’s why I don’t generally complain about DLC and micro transactions. In fact... now that I think about it.... I really don’t know why I complained in the first place. Those Crash and Spyro games being sold the way they are probably says more about Activision and their practices than Nintendo.

Like, for a little bit it does look bad on nintendo’s part when games like that are selling as cheep at they are. It does make them look greedy on the surface. But then you think about it. You start to realize exactly what allows Activision to sell those games for that price. And Nintendo doesn’t look as bad anymore.
So, wait, are you seriously implying Activision is better than Nintendo because they bundle their games occasionally?
I mean, I know you hate Nintendo, but that's going a bit far, considering the greddy pieces of **** Activision has become.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Link's Awakening was 30$ I'd probably get it, the price is a valid complaint when the remake doesn't really add anything of note over the original besides enhanced visuals
It was completely remade from the ground up. Not to mention all the new heart pieces and a new dungeon maker.

Like I said the ignorance of why games cost the way they do and what makes them cost that is baffling.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, wait, are you seriously implying Activision is better than Nintendo because they bundle their games occasionally?
I mean, I know you hate Nintendo, but that's going a bit far, considering the greddy pieces of **** Activision has become.
I think she's saying the opposite actually.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No. I’m saying that they’re WORSE because of those bundles. How many employees are being cheated out of their paychecks and benefits so they can sell 6 games for $40. How many regulations are they skirting. How many taxes are they avoiding.

Like. On paper, 6 square for square remakes for $40 makes Activision look better than Nintendo selling one square for square remake for $60. But then you realize why they can do that and you realize that it’s still the other way round and that Activision is actually worse.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say

Galarian Ponyta is adorable

It's pretty much a mixture of Celestia and Pinkie Pie design wise from its just general appearance.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It was completely remade from the ground up. Not to mention all the new heart pieces and a new dungeon maker.

Like I said the ignorance of why games cost the way they do and what makes them cost that is baffling.
I get that

but why would I pay 60$ to play a game that I could get for 6$ on the 3DS

maybe from a dev viewpoint it makes sense but as a consumer it would be hard to justify that purchase

D

Deleted member

No. I’m saying that they’re WORSE because of those bundles. How many employees are being cheated out of their paychecks and benefits so they can sell 6 games for $40. How many regulations are they skirting. How many taxes are they avoiding.

Like. On paper, 6 square for square remakes for $40 makes Activision look better than Nintendo selling one square for square remake for $60. But then you realize why they can do that and you realize that it’s still the other way round and that Activision is actually worse.
oh my ****ing god, I misread that post so badly lmao.

My apologies, I really need to get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom