• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hopefully Eevee doesn't get a Ghost Eeveelution, since it would break the trend of Eevee only evolving into Special types. If anything, they should create a brand new Pokémon with branched evolution that can evolve into the Physical types.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man better call stylesx2 because the salt is real.

If you honestly thought the stream was going to be constantly stuff for 24 hours when it was announced as basically a nature cam the. I don’t know why people bother watching g.

It wasn’t made to be a huge event, just a fun stream you can watch while doing other work or whatever

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, if any of you aren't enjoying the stream, you're more than free to go do something else. I'm just saying.
Hey man, Im hating this stream bit You should see the house I build in DQB2 while it was on, its amazing

That amd I needed to do something while I get over the fact we gave the dog up

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Just let people enjoy it. There’s a surely a better way to express your opinions than sucking all the fun out of this livestream.
Can you call it fun? It seems to me that it's more like taking advantage of fans clamouring for information to get views and ad revenue on a livestream without actually having to give out much information, if at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’re not all aloud.

I’m very quiet.
Noipoi vs Sans. Pun-off.
I agree, but I also think we should express our opinions while not sucking the fun out of it for other people.
Unless you can prove their literally using some sort of emotional vacuum on you, i’ve learned from experience that other people’s opinions only ruin something for you if you let them.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Can you call it fun? It seems to me that it's more like taking advantage of fans clamouring for information to get views and ad revenue on a livestream without actually having to give out much information, if at all.
I mean, the way I see it, it’s good for fans and for the Pokémon company. The Pokémon Company gets their money, and the fans get some nice speculation fuel.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I agree, but I also think we should express our opinions while not sucking the fun out of it for other people.
How exactly were they sucking out the fun if all they did was express their disappointment?

edit: nvm they ruined it, i can't defend them anymore

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, the way I see it, it’s good for fans and for the Pokémon company. The Pokémon Company gets their money, and the fans get some nice speculation fuel.
oh man, the communists in this website would hate you so hard right now

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
How exactly were they sucking out the fun if all they did was express their disappointment?

edit: nvm they ruined it, i can't defend them anymore
The way it was worded felt less like “here are my thoughts” and more so just stating everything they hate about the game, in a manner that isn’t really thoughtful.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's a difference between expressing disappointment and just being obnoxiously negative.

Disappointment: "This livestream isn't what I was hoping. Probably won't happen, but maybe we'll get something else afterwards to make up for it."

Negative Nancy: "This livestream is a perfect example of why Game Freak shouldn't develop Pokemon games. This is their fault. Plus the graphics are really bad and lmao I feel sorry for anyone who's actually wasting their time with this thing. Don't buy SwSh, buy DQXI instead."

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The way it was worded felt less like “here are my thoughts” and more so just stating everything they hate about the game, in a manner that isn’t really thoughtful.
I mean, it was worded the way it was because I always like to infuse my opinions with some level of comedy and the idea of this megacorporation having the personality of someone who goes "SIKE!" Is pretty funny to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Negative Nancy: "This livestream is a perfect example of why Game Freak shouldn't develop Pokemon games.
nancy aint thinking straight if they're saying the developers of pokemon shouldnt develop pokemon

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The "Eeveelution" is likely actually Ponyta since people heard Ponyta's cry around that time.

I hope it's a kelpie or something; a monster Horse myth.

or this:

Skeleton Horse.png

however, its second appearance does look kind of like an Eevee or something...but the bottom of its head is obscured...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't want to ruin anything for you.

Can you explain what you're finding fun about this livestream? I'm genuinely curious.
I don’t find it fun at all, actually. I think it’s very tedious and I hope they get to the real good stuff soon. But others are enjoying it, so I figure why not just let em have their little moment of fun? When the steam is done it’ll go right back to “SW/SH SUCKS” anyway.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don’t find it fun at all, actually. I think it’s very tedious and I hope they get to the real good stuff soon. But others are enjoying it, so I figure why not just let em have their little moment of fun? When the steam is done it’ll go right back to “SW/SH SUCKS” anyway.
Here's my issue, there has been fan pushback since E3 in regards to the National Dex, animations, gyms, and a bunch of other negative things. They should be doing a bit of damage control, giving people upset a reason to rethink the situation, but instead they're doubling down on people who would buy the games no matter what happens and it's just pushing people like me further and further away.

That certainly doesn't sound like a company making smart decisions with their advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom