• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

:098: PRICK LASAGNE LOST HIS LAWSUIT:098:
I'll never be able to view Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in the same way ever again...

yes I prefer the dub, don't @ me

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Playing Kirby rn cause mood and dear lord I never realized how cathartic it is to bully Joker with his own gun move.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hey guys!!!! What were your thoughts on Gritch leak ? before and after it was fake?
I was on Team Fake since day one. As convincing as it was, I didn't see any way we were going all of those characters after Sakurai asked us to lower our expectations, let alone getting all if those characters in one Direct. The lack of Incineroar was also suspicious, as Verge had buckled down on it's inclusion.

Even though I feel proud of myself for my intuition being correct, speculation sucked. I remember one Geno supporter, whose name slips my mind, typed a long elaborate essay on how ridiculous people were being for thinking something so complex could be fake. He got over 140 likes, and many people told him that he "convinced them that there wasn't even a remote chance this was fake." Team Fake got a lot of crap during that time.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What amazes me is how many people are actually watching. This **** is 24 hours, any info that's actually important will spread online if you care that much, go do something actually productive
Or... I could just watch it because it's kind of fun and multitask while its playing, and you can go do something productive, instead. :T

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OH ****! PROJECT HERO IS UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

I don't know how I feel about what I'm seeing.... It looks good... but something about it feels.... off. Like, I can't see anything wrong with it... but I don't like it. Maybe it's the open plan level? But that could just be for the demo... idk. It just feels weird.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I was on Team Fake since day one. As convincing as it was, I didn't see any way we were going all of those characters after Sakurai asked us to lower our expectations, let alone getting all if those characters in one Direct. The lack of Incineroar was also suspicious, as Verge had buckled down on it's inclusion.

Even though I feel proud of myself for my intuition being correct, speculation sucked. I remember one Geno supporter, whose name slips my mind, typed a long elaborate essay on how ridiculous people were being for thinking something so complex could be fake. He got over 140 likes, and many people told him that he "convinced them that there wasn't even a remote chance this fake." Team Fake got a lot of crap during that time.
Incineroar fans (such as....well, me) got hated for this. Like, REALLY hated.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys!!!! What were your thoughts on Gritch leak ? before and after it was fake?
I really don't miss that era of speculation on account of how hostile people got, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed to see it deconfirmed
But in the end, I still ended up getting the last guh-huh

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, I'm going to the store with my dad. I'll check up on anything new.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They could take the feedback from this live stream and patch it up a bit if they ever decide to try this again. Wouldn't mind that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Incineroar fans (such as....well, me) got hated for this. Like, REALLY hated.
Even though I'm a Lycanroc supporter, I do feel bad for Incineroar fans. As far as I remember, they never got a break. No one took them seriously in early speculation, they got a ton of hate from Decidueye supporters after Verge's comments, and then the Grinch leak made people go ballistic when fire cat got in over Banjo, Isaac, and Geno.

Incineroar wasn't my first choice, but he was easily my second. I know a lot of people have warned up to him (especially those who "appreciate" his burly anthro cat design :rolleyes:), but I'm already dreading next Smash when people will inevitably say he's the easiest Pokemon to cut from the roster.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'll never be able to view Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in the same way ever again...

yes I prefer the dub, don't @ me
Dubs are better than subs, if I felt like reading I'd grab a manga.

Also, I think it's best to just separate a person from their previous work, I'm still going to enjoy FMA, Soul Eater, earlier volumes of RWBY, and whatever else he is/was in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
when you're trying to get an image of a Pokémon (in this case, Pikachu) but the stream is too dang slow and you can't get your mouse on the right frame (even after doing it previously)...

edit: I DID IT!

edit2: why is the brown on Pikachu's tail black all of a sudden?!

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I was always rooting for fiery tiger daddy.

He was my starter, he has charisma and charm (more so than edgy Robin Hood), and he seemed a natural fit for Smash as well as being a bit more pushed by GF.

People were betting Decidueye because of Pokken and Rowlet being the most popular Gen 7 starter which means more people probably had a Decidueye when playing the games. Oh, there was also the supporting "unique moveset" argument but Sakurai and GF could care less.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dubs are better than subs, if I felt like reading I'd grab a manga.
Eh, I'm still a subs over dubs guy most of the time (Code Geass and Gurren Lagann especially have terrible English dubs IMO), but I do prefer the dubs for shows like Cowboy Bebop and FMAB.

D

Deleted member

Ok. That's.... a little better. IDK. Something about it still feels off. But I can't tell what.
I personally think everything's way too floaty right now. Like Knuckles' punches, for example, it just doesn't look like they have any strength to them, it just looks like he's sliding over ice. In general I feel that none of the characters seem to have any weight to them. Like, it looks nice, but the gameplay seems to be just OK so far.

That's my take on it, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom