• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's my issue, there has been fan pushback since E3 in regards to the National Dex, animations, gyms, and a bunch of other negative things. They should be doing a bit of damage control, giving people upset a reason to rethink the situation, but instead they're doubling down on people who would buy the games no matter what happens and it's just pushing people like me further and further away.

That certainly doesn't sound like a company making smart decisions with their advertising.
At the same time they're like Disney. Impossible to fail as they are too damn huge to fail and TPC absolutely knows this

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Here's my issue, there has been fan pushback since E3 in regards to the National Dex, animations, gyms, and a bunch of other negative things. They should be doing a bit of damage control, giving people upset a reason to rethink the situation, but instead they're doubling down on people who would buy the games no matter what happens and it's just pushing people like me further and further away.

That certainly doesn't sound like a company making smart decisions with their advertising.
To be fair, the game is still gonna sell. Pokémon can suffer a few slip ups.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
At the same time they're like Disney. Impossible to fail as they are too damn huge to fail and TPC absolutely knows this
Yeah, but Disney still makes an effort to be inclusive to people who aren't already a fan of their brand, that's why they purchased Muppets, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox in the first place.

They've also made an effort in re ent years to improve their advertising, they saw that people were upset with trailers giving away the plots of movies and trailers seemingly false advertising (the Olaf - Frozen debacle), and lately trailers have been excellent.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I agree with that. I personally feel like this game still may have some surprises up its sleeve, and by all means they should have shown them off weeks ago to regain some good faith.

But they’re too big too fail, and they know this. The people who are buying this game no matter what are like, the vast majority. It’ll turn a profit, probably a great profit, so they have no reason to worry. It’s business as usual.

I’m not a proponent of “Lazy freak”, but they are a little too comfortable. They don’t need to innovate, so why bother?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Arlo? Is that you?

One of these days I’m gonna figure out which one of you is a famous YouTuber!

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Arlo? Is that you?
I wish lol that man has some great opinions and probably makes a pretty penny off of his videos.

Although, damn do I disagree with him on Three House's graphics.
To be fair, the game is still gonna sell. Pokémon can suffer a few slip ups.
I don't think that's fair to people who want to like the game.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes a loss makes a company realize what went wrong and teaches them how to fix it.

It's honestly justified being frustrated with companies who know they're too big to fail.

Hell, the live action disney movies raked in over a billion combined.

Just, be civil with one another.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is weird. Yes I do see the comparison, but where's the green? Wheres the ears? Something ain't right here.
I guess its ears are just pointing toward the screen, so we can only see the back of them/can't see them at all.

I don't see any green, though, aside from the bottom of its eye.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There was also complaints in the past for revealing too much. So honestly, even if we only get a little bit of info out of this, I'm not exactly hurt.

The only thing I really want to know is the starter Evolutions. That's honestly it. Anything else is just a cherry on top.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I've found out some pretty devastating news...:(

I found out from my dad who decided to reveal to me my dad and uncle had been having various fallouts with the last one having been last month where these fallouts resulted in my uncle strangling him by the neck. This explains why my dad hasn't been wanting to go to my grandpa's for a while because this happened at my grandpa's and my grandpa didn't even step in to stop it.

And I found out my uncle had also hit my cousins (His children) and my aunt (His sister).

I really don't know how to feel about this. From what my dad can tell me he has a short temper. That's all I know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish lol that man has some great opinions and probably makes a pretty penny off of his videos.

Although, damn to I disagree with him on Three House's graphics.

I don't think that's fair to people who want to like the game.
I kind of agree with him on Three Houses. At least based on the clips he showed me.

But I also think he puts way to much of an emphasis on graphics. To the point that it kind of feels ridiculous. I mean, just look at his Links Awakening remake video.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I found out from my dad who decided to reveal to me my dad and uncle had been having various fallouts with the last one having been last month where these fallouts resulted in my uncle strangling him by the neck. This explains why my dad hasn't been wanting to go to my grandpa's for a while because this happened at my grandpa's and my grandpa didn't even step in to stop it.

And I found out my uncle had also hit my cousins (His children) and my aunt (His sister).

I really don't know how to feel about this. From what my dad can tell me he has a short temper. That's all I know.
That's terrible man i'm sorry :(

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I kind of agree with him on Three Houses. At least based on the clips he showed me.

But I also think he puts way to much of an emphasis on graphics. To the point that it kind of feels ridiculous. I mean, just look at his Links Awakening remake video.
I haven't watched that video yet, but to be fair the graphics are basically the main selling point of the game to people who have already played thr original haha

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I haven't watched that video yet, but to be fair the graphics are basically the main selling point of the game to people who have already played thr original haha
Which is fair. We just gets so hung up on the style they went with that it bothers me.

I just wish he’d stop judging books by their covers. He made a whole video basically saying it’s okay to hate a game for graphics alone.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Thats terrible man, really. Sorry to hear that.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Holy s**t, man. That sounds really scary.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride at this point. My disappointment phase was long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom