• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, I changed DQ11's overworld music to DQ8's ever since I got the full game, and I havent thought about changing it back.
I did the same thing as soon as I got the DLC
I'll disagree with you there and we'll leave it there.
I will admit though, whoever drew that art ofnthe pokemon should of had its design picked over the one in game for sure

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Midna and Skull Kid _rove that im_s are cool, but I'm not really feeling im_idim_ yet

Maybe it'll evolve, and I'll like that

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'd go with Lilith, she's been in all 3 games of the trilogy, don't know about Tales and Pre-Sequel, she's probably the most memorable character in my opinion, and she was one of the playable characters in the first game.
She was in pre-sequel interrogating Athena and shows up as part of the main flashback storyline alongside Roland
Don't think she was in Tales though

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
John Kirby, who is the namesake of the beloved puffball and defended Nintendo in the Donkey Kong/King Kong case, has passed away. :(

D

Deleted member

Impidimp looks like the illegitimate child of a Sableye and a Gligar.

D

Deleted member

What if they revealed fighter Pack 5 within the game. Like, a random mystery timer started counting down in the game and then weeks later it streams the trailer directly to your Switch if you have Smash booted up.
That's certainly possible. Main problem would be actually getting it to work.

For example, what will you do in the event that a Nintendo Switch isn't connected to the internet? Or what would happen if the video played during a online game?

In theory, it's a neat idea, but doing a live-streamed reveal on Youtube is generally easier + cheaper.
Nevermind the difficulty in programming it, and more likely than not never using the code again.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Who cares about Pokemon when we have this
I'm currently watching it for the first time right now subbed, and _refer to watch JoJo that way, but this is neat

Ho_efully they've _aid that animation director by now

John Kirby, who is the namesake of the beloved puffball and defended Nintendo in the Donkey Kong/King Kong case, has passed away. :(
I'm sure Mario Segale is waiting for him there in heaven

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Who cares about Pokemon when we have this
My two main takeaways from this are:

1. FUTURE TRUNKS MISTA
FUTURE TRUNKS MISTA
I HOPE HE DOES THE EXACT SAME VOICE I’LL LOSE MY MIND

2. RICEPIRATE ABBACCHIO
RICEPIRATE ABBACCHIO
ASCENDED FANBOY.
It’ll be weird hearing a voice I know mostly from Oneyplays as my Boy in Moody Blue.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's not my issue if he doesn't like what I like.
I get this kind of stigma from so many of my film professors. It makes me want to punch all of their faces in.

I read the article and now I’m super pissed. He really thinks that about these movies despite the fact that he doesn’t watch them. The asshole deserves to have his directing credentials revoked.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The beauty of art is that it evolves, it changes.
Remember, when talkies were making rounds, people were worried that they were gonna kill the beauty of cinema and film, and nowadays, they're so common that it's the norm. There will always be detractors, but eventually, art will change, films will change, and people will make new and different art.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
may he rest in piece, has quite the legacy though.
So another unidentified Pokemon showed up not even 30 minutes after Impidimp?

Why did they chose to do the reveals AFTER everyone tuned out?
Honestly they should have led with at least one new Pokémon to keep interest

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I get this kind of stigma from so many of my film professors. It makes me want to punch all of their faces in.

I read the article and now I’m super pissed. He really thinks that about these movies despite the fact that he doesn’t watch them. The ******* deserves to have his directing credentials revoked.
He's still a good director, his opinions on other films should just be ignored.

He's just an old man angry that something else is more popular than what he's making. It also might be that he's trying to shift focus off of the fact that his new movie The Irishman won't get any notice from the Oscars because it's on a streaming service.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The beauty of art is that it evolves, it changes.
Remember, when talkies were making rounds, people were worried that they were gonna kill the beauty of cinema and film, and nowadays, they're so common that it's the norm. There will always be detractors, but eventually, art will change, films will change, and people will make new and different art.
I hate that people still give these people the time of day. The people in charge are all like this ass and thousands of other people are taking his word for it because he’s a “legend”.

I don’t know what he gains from belittling something that means so much to so many people. Belittling the work of thousands of people.

God, if I ever turn into something like that when it comes to film, then kill me. I’d have strayed from the path of light and progress and will just be a burden on the rest of the world.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
God, if I ever turn into something like that when it comes to film, then kill me. I’d have strayed from the path of light and progress and will just be a burden on the rest of the world.
Wait so how is this different from you saying turn based games are inherently poorly designed?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He's still a good director, his opinions on other films should just be ignored.

He's just an old man angry that something else is more popular than what he's making. It also might be that he's trying to shift focus off of the fact that his new movie The Irishman won't get any notice from the Oscars because it's on a streaming service.
I don’t know about that. I’ve never watched any of his films but I had to read the script for goodfellas for a class and I wasn’t that enthralled. Ended up ditching it and switching the assignment over to bridesmaids. Now that showcased the psychology of the human condition let me tell you.

Actually no. I did watch one of his films. His student film about a guy shaving. Look it up. You won’t soon forget what you see.

Also, **** the Oscars. It’s just a bunch of old stuffy white guts telling you what movies they like. And the winners are usually super dumb and unmemorable. Not to mention they like to glorify old Hollywood which is an extremely skeezy industry that reveled in sexual harassment.

Wait so how is this different from you saying turn based games are inherently poorly designed?
:glare:
Touché.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom