• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can..... *sigh* Can Dr. Connors at least be ****ing mentioned in these movies? :yoshi:
Please. He's a cool character idea.
My paycheck isn't looking so hot this time so I'll have to take a pass on Astral Chain for a little while longer. Sorry SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 but it just ain't my day...
Some day you will experience this masterpiece.
That’d be great for the final film though they’d have to reintroduce (or in some cases bring back to life) quite a few villains in the next one for it to work.
I really don't buy that Mysterio is dead but... IDK. Whatevs.
Plus they could always use some atypical members like Prowler

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven’t spent a buck on this game. Not really paid...
You have to either buy him in the shop with coins or get him out of a pipe.

Sure either way you may not have to physically pay to unlock him, but you still have to pay in some form to get

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I don’t know why Scott the woz uploaded a non gaming video but it was pretty good

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Maybe they don’t know how gachas work.

Though it is kind of weird that Mario isn’t a starting character. At least it gives more power to Toad fans.
Yeah, that is super weird in my opinion.
You have to either buy him in the shop with coins or get him out of a pipe.

Sure either way you may not have to physically pay to unlock him, but you still have to pay in some form to get
Yeah. Still kinda sucks that the best way to get characters is to pay.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gee, I can see why they had a fall out, I would be pissed if I sent my best to provide some great entertainment with stunning visuals and expensive setpieces, and all I get is 5% of opening day.
Meanwhile Sony didn't get single penny of toy sales, the Avengers movies Spidey appeared in, Civil War and promoting the comics so it seems fair

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That’d be great for the final film though they’d have to reintroduce (or in some cases bring back to life) quite a few villains in the next one for it to work.
Actually, I noticed after FFH, that there about 5 villains that have been at least hinted and are still alive.

- Vulture is still around from Homecoming
- Shocker is still around from Homecoming
- Aaron Davis (Prowler) was in Homecoming
- Scorpion was in a post-credits scene in Homecoming
- A man named Dimitri works for Nick Fury in FFH, and will probably become the Chameleon later on

Give that 5 either Green Goblin or Doc Ock as a leader, and you got a Sinister Six.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Potential MCU actors for these Spidey villains, go!

-Doc Ock
-Scorpion
-Electro
-Rhino
-Lizard
-Sandman
-Chameleon
-Mr. Negative
-Tombstone
-Black Cat
I'll take out Scorpion and Chameleon because they sort of already appeared. Scorpion in the mid-credits of Homecoming and it's speculated that Dmitri in Far From Home is the Chameleon. So those are likely covered.

Ideally I want Dylan Baker back for Connors, but I'd say someone who'd give off a homely, nerdy dad vibe like Ed Helm would do... :yoshi:

StormC

Smash Hero
>enter an arena room
>beat host
>they shut down the arena

Every time.

Feeling a bit better about K. Rool now that I beat a bunch of Jokers and they ragequit. The croc, bear, and bird will guide me to victory.

I love Smash Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I didnt know ARMS had a future till now

Didn't most people give up on the game early on?
The game itself was pretty gimmicky, but I think what killed it was the release of Smash Ultimate.
The community still exists, it's just that the game as a whole has fallen to obscurity.
Honestly, I'm hoping for a Splatoon-Style sequel(where they add a few things to the base game along with a few mechanic changes)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'll take out Scorpion and Chameleon because they sort of already appeared. Scorpion in the mid-credits of Homecoming and it's speculated that Dmitri in Far From Home is the Chameleon. So those are likely covered.

Ideally I want Dylan Baker back for Connors, but I'd say someone who'd give off a homely, nerdy dad vibe like Ed Helm would do... :yoshi:
Forgot about that post credits scene, and didn’t even think about Dimitri.

Ed Helms would be fun in the MCU regardless but yeah him being Conners would work,

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The game itself was pretty gimmicky, but I think what killed it was the release of Smash Ultimate.
The community still exists, it's just that the game as a whole has fallen to obscurity.
Honestly, I'm hoping for a Splatoon-Style sequel(where they add a few things to the base game along with a few mechanic changes)
Smash wasn't even announced until like 10 months after ARMS came out so I doubt that

D

Deleted member

Smash wasn't even announced until like 10 months after ARMS came out so I doubt that
No, what I'm saying is that Arms was slowly losing players already; The release of Smash was what killed it as players moved on to that game.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Potential MCU actors for these Spidey villains, go!

-Doc Ock
-Scorpion
-Electro
-Rhino
-Lizard
-Sandman
-Chameleon
-Mr. Negative
-Tombstone
-Black Cat
Doc Ock - Mark Hamill
Scorpion - already in Homecoming
Electro - Ryan Gosling
Rhino - Steve Austin
Lizard - Colin Firth
Sandman - Just bring back Thomas Haden Church
Chameleon - Johnny Depp
Mr. Negative - Charles Melton
Tombstone - Common
Black Cat - Kiernan Shipka

Edit: ah ****, I forgot about Dimitri. Johnny Depp would still be really cool.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, that is super weird in my opinion.

Yeah. Still kinda sucks that the best way to get characters is to pay.
True, although I watched the ign thing, they seem to only think you get Mario from the pass or the 20 dollar bundle. Which makes them look pretty dumb

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Remember how I said I entered a tournament a few hours back? Yeah update; I went 0-2 both games and didn't get a single game off of anyone I played. I'm not even gonna lie that hurts a lot but it just means I'll need to improve and get better at Smash if I ever EVER dream of being any good at the game at a competitive level.

But still that stings quite a bit..
I know the feel, bud.
*Sends internet hug*

D

Deleted member

Your point was that Smash killed any chance it had, Nintendo no longer supporting it should be the answer to that
Somewhat agree, but pretty much every new Nintendo IP(outside of older ones and fairly new ones) have gotten a sequel, so i betcha a sequel could very well be in the works.
This argument probably isn't going anywhere, anyway, so let's drop it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It didn't really matter if ARMS did extremely well or not. It was never getting a sequel within the next 5 years.

If Splatoon 2 manages to be the first console game in nearly two decades to crack 2 million sales in Japan alone and Nintendo still comes out and says they have no current plans for a sequel, then ARMS never had a chance either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It didn't really matter if ARMS did extremely well or not. It was never getting a sequel within the next 5 years.

If Splatoon 2 manages to be the first console game in nearly two decades to crack 2 million sales in Japan alone and Nintendo still comes out and says they have no current plans for a sequel, then ARMS never had a chance either.
Same thing that happens with Splatoon happens every gen with Smash and Mario Kart, they don't get sequels in the same gen. ARMS could very well receive a sequel if Nintendo has a different plan for it compared to Splatoon.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So I've been working more on my project for Smash Ultimate DLC, and felt like asking this question in regards to Fire Emblem: What are the chances that we might get a character from Heroes chosen rather than somebody from Three Houses? It might depend upon the development state where Three Houses was compared to when Sakurai had finalized the DLC line-up for the Fighter Pass, though there's still the possibility of the likes of Edelgard or Byleth getting chosen for future DLC once the 5th character has been revealed. Fjorm has been a personal pick of mine when it comes to speculating on a new Fire Emblem character, mostly because she's the MVP for one of my main teams in Heroes.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
lol that couldn't be any further from the truth

I simply asked, he said sure, and gave me the list with no second thought

Speaking of which, if your name isn't currently on the list of upcoming AMAs below, or you wanna be removed, please let me know
idk this might actually retag ppl so i removed it

It's time to get this show back on the road. there's a good chance we might be going into early 2020 at this rate.

I'll draw the next two names for this coming week's AMAs in a couple hours
woahhh it's been awhile since i posted here

hi everyone, im slightly different now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Wasn't the last Splatfest stated to influence the next game? Sounds like planning a sequel at the very least to me

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wasn't the last Splatfest stated to influence the next game? Sounds like planning a sequel at the very least to me
No. That's just a fan assumption due to the first game.

I mean, it probably will influence Splatoon 3 in some way, but I doubt they have a plot laid out, let alone any real framework for the next game.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So I've been working more on my project for Smash Ultimate DLC, and felt like asking this question in regards to Fire Emblem: What are the chances that we might get a character from Heroes chosen rather than somebody from Three Houses? It might depend upon the development state where Three Houses was compared to when Sakurai had finalized the DLC line-up for the Fighter Pass, though there's still the possibility of the likes of Edelgard or Byleth getting chosen for future DLC once the 5th character has been revealed. Fjorm has been a personal pick of mine when it comes to speculating on a new Fire Emblem character, mostly because she's the MVP for one of my main teams in Heroes.
I'm gonna say zero

I don't think they would promote the mobile game over the new big console game, especially when the mobile game partially exists to promote the actual games

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think a Heroes character is likely, the original characters aren't really the draw of that game, the characters from other games are, so right out of the gate their popularity is an issue compared to Three Houses. You could argue a Heroes character could be advertising, but... Does it need it? The game has been out for a good long while and it does pretty well for what it is. We also don't know if characters after the Fighter Pass have even been finalized, for all we know they announced that more are coming without even having any specific characters on mind yet.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The only way I see a mobile character getting added is if it's from a new franchise that debuted on mobile devices.

Fire Emblem Heroes? Probably just as likely as Lana being the next Zelda rep.

D

Deleted member

So... I guess I'll try asking directly, even if I'm scared of doing so. But I think that's the only way I'll find some piece of mind and get some closure.
Do people here think of me as being a nuisance or is my mind playing tricks with me and I'm being paranoid for no reason?
I know it might sound silly and such to others, but it's really eating away at me and I'm afraid that will be the case.

Sorry to bring this up... again. I'm just scared, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom