• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Monkey's Paw: We get Banjo Kazooie in Smash, but their design is based on a new reboot, which is a dark, edgy reimagining of the series with realistic guns and swearing. Banjo Kazooie have tatted bodies, and have a cigar. Their moveset revolves around Machine Guns
wow banjo kazooie is looking really weird

1559921403410.png

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of Zacian, a friend of mine over at Bulbapedia pointed out a pretty neat detail about the design:

If you look at the reveal trailer, as the wolves turn red and blue for the final scene, the wings on Zacian disappear from its body. If you take a closer look at the sword, the wings became a part of it and enlarge the blade. That means that like Zamazenta the sword is a part of its body, it just serves for augmenting its weapon rather then it being exclusively a part of its design.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Wonder how that works.

Can the sword be taken from it's maw? Given it's legendary status, I'm exoecting either:

A.) It can be separated, but Zacian can still control it and will it back to himself like Thor, so possible Physic or perhaps just Steel and it being magnetism or something like that or just no explanation at all.

Or

B.) They'll pull a Honedge and any person that tries to disarm it are consigned to oblivion in an instant rather than their soul simply being eaten. Or have it be their soul gets eaten so we can have another partial Ghost Type Legendary, even though I feel like they'll be primarily Steel with Zacian having Water as the secondary while Zamazenta gets Fire.

I just considered, though, that if they really are Fire and Water along with both having Steel, then isn't that an obvious type advantage on Zacian's part? The only way they could make up for this is with Grass or Electric moves being something Zamazenta can learn, but it's likely going to be the slower of the two so Electric moves wouldn't make sense and the soeed difference is already a huge disadvantage...

Why should we feel inclined to get Shield again?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it’s plausible, which doesn’t mean it’s likely, that Banjo could be revealed for Smash at the Microsoft press-conference.

It would be under very specific circumstances though.

Essentially, if Phil Spencer calls out a special guest, and that special guest is Doug Bowser or Masahiro Sakurai, then chances are looking pretty good.

But that’s about all I can come up with for any sort of Nintendo/Smash news at the Microsoft conference. They could say Banjo is in Switch without Nintendo, but I don’t see any scenario in which they reveal Banjo for Smash without somebody from Nintendo being there.

D

Deleted member

List of completed FNAF ports that are slowly draining my life force.

- Baby
- Funtime Foxy
- Puppet
- Puppet Box
- Balloon Boy

More to come.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
E3 feels like it was just suddenly right around the corner this year, but I swear these will be the longest 4 days ever.

The tension and anticipation are truly palpable. :204:

D

Deleted member

It will be hard to make me feel more joy, hype and happiness than this E3 moment or Prime 4/Samus Returns:
But if any of my dream announcements happen, history could finally repeat itself.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Monkey's Paw: We get Banjo Kazooie in Smash, but their design is based on a new reboot, which is a dark, edgy reimagining of the series with realistic guns and swearing. Banjo Kazooie have tatted bodies, and have a cigar. Their moveset revolves around Machine Guns
Banjo's Bad Fur Day

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just downloaded the new translation patch for Thracia 776. Really excited to play the game for the first time.

D

Deleted member

Somebody on 4chan drew this, just thought I'd share it cause it's funny.
1539414937164.png

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I think it’s plausible, which doesn’t mean it’s likely, that Banjo could be revealed for Smash at the Microsoft press-conference.

It would be under very specific circumstances though.

Essentially, if Phil Spencer calls out a special guest, and that special guest is Doug Bowser or Masahiro Sakurai, then chances are looking pretty good.

But that’s about all I can come up with for any sort of Nintendo/Smash news at the Microsoft conference. They could say Banjo is in Switch without Nintendo, but I don’t see any scenario in which they reveal Banjo for Smash without somebody from Nintendo being there.
If we do get Banjo in Smash and if he is announced at the Microsoft conference, I can actually see Phil Spencer bringing Sakurai on stage AFTER the trailer is shown and Banjo is officially confirmed, just to keep people in suspense during the trailer. Like Joker, maybe people could be thinking that it is a new game or a port.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I find it pretty hard to get back to speculation when we are a few days away from E3. Wish I could be a bit more excited, but not gonna lie, being completely neutral about the next newcomer feels nice.

No pressure, I can be happy regardless of who makes it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I had a dream yesterday that Rayman was announced for Smash at E3

Or maybe that's what it was about: my dreams aren't particularly coherent

Anyways, it made me think what the reaction would be if another platforming star got into Smash when all the buzz is on Banjo right now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it pretty hard to get back to speculation when we are a few days away from E3. Wish I could be a bit more excited, but not gonna lie, being completely neutral about the next newcomer feels nice.

No pressure, I can be happy regardless of who makes it.
I'll be gone for 1/2 of E3 doing boring stuff so the least I could hope for when I get back I can just actually watch the stream without big youtuber going "EPIC [SPOILERS] REVEAL!!! OMG!!!!" reaction video showing up before the actual stream

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a dream yesterday that Rayman was announced for Smash at E3
lowkey i had a dream of a scorpion announcement cause of the talk from last night

cant stop my dreams

1559927555923.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
I made a huge mistake of going to work this early :yoshi:
Can you at least get brownie points for it?

I'll be gone for 1/2 of E3 doing boring stuff so the least I could hope for when I get back I can just actually watch the stream without big youtuber going "EPIC [SPOILERS] REVEAL!!! OMG!!!!" reaction video showing up before the actual stream
I think I'll miss most of the important stuff, so it's a good thing I'm rarely online nowadays. I just need to dodge spoilers in here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I'll miss most of the important stuff, so it's a good thing I'm rarely online nowadays. I just need to dodge spoilers in here.
Spoilers in here mean nothing if I'm gone from Sunday to Wednesday. I'm just talking about looking up the stream itself.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom