• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
lowkey i had a dream of a scorpion announcement cause of the talk from last night

cant stop my dreams

View attachment 226472
Aite, so feel like I should use this opportunity to ask

I've never played a MK game so my view of it is pretty limited/skewed, but if I was asked to name a character my first response would be Sub Zero

... but all the Smash/MK speculation I've seen over the past few months shows that Scorpion is the series' poster boy, so why did I have it in my head that mr frosty was the face of the series? Was he ever?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my bet is maybe a smash mini-presentation announced for monday after the tournament, evo 2018 style

no more than that though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Direct opens:

*we see the camera panning all around till it ultimately shows Erdrick slowly, before his splash screen though:

Banjo and Kazooie crash through it sending erdrick flying and taking his spot. Your reaction?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I've never played a MK game so my view of it is pretty limited/skewed, but if I was asked to name a character my first response would be Sub Zero

... but all the Smash/MK speculation I've seen over the past few months shows that Scorpion is the series' poster boy, so why did I have it in my head that mr frosty was the face of the series? Was he ever?
He had like... a few games dedicated to him and/or the Lin Kuei ninjas but like...

Dude, Scorpion's on the cover of a ****load of Mortal Kombats.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

At first they were kinda equal in popularity, and then Scorpion got pushed a lot because them late 90s/early 00s kids love the badass vengeance man more than the "muh nobility" character that can shoot ice.

And now they're kinda equal again since Scorpion and Sub-Zero are more friends than rivals now. Again. For about the third time.

I'd still rather get Scorpion because they use him a lot more in advertising. The only instance I can remember Sub-Zero being pushed is when he is fighting Scorpion for whatever reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Direct opens:

*we see the camera panning all around till it ultimately shows Erdrick slowly, before his splash screen though:

Banjo and Kazooie crash through it sending erdrick flying and taking his spot. Your reaction?
"Wow, I can't believe Sakurai resorted to using bad fan fiction for reveals."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Direct opens:

sakurai would never diss a character that so i give it a "i'll take things that never happened to 500"/10

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Direct opens:

"I can't believe Nintendo paid Square Enix to license Erdrick and waste him on an opening gag for another character, but aight."

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Sub-Zero must have been at one point (he got his own spin-off game), and Mortal Kombat is famous for its palette-swapped ninjas, so it could go either way between Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Sub-Zero would probably be easier to adapt to Smash (since freezing people doesn't have to be gory/brutal), but Scorpion is part of the developer's logo and I believe that he's the favourite character of series creator Ed Boon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"I can't believe Nintendo paid Square Enix to license Erdrick and waste him on an opening gag for another character, but aight."
this is probably why final fantasy only has 2 music tracks

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Direct opens:

Something that cruel would never happen, but if it did...

I'll be that one guy singled out from the pack and say I'd be fairly disappointed because I think DQ deserved it more. I wouldn't be too heartbroken though, cause I'm not too fond of either characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sub-Zero must have been at one point (he got his own spin-off game), and Mortal Kombat is famous for its palette-swapped ninjas, so it could go either way between Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Sub-Zero would probably be easier to adapt to Smash (since freezing people doesn't have to be gory/brutal), but Scorpion is part of the developer's logo and I believe that he's the favourite character of series creator Ed Boon.
You'd think their favorite character would be the one of the creators' names spelled backwards but nope, lol.

Rest in pieces Noob Saibot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You'd think their favorite character would be the one of the creators' names spelled backwards but nope, lol.

Rest in pieces Noob Saibot.
He's not really resting or in pieces.

1559928925986.png

My mans' just chillin'. kinda wack that smoke doesnt have his smoke hair tho

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Direct opens:

Go to Banjo thread and ask them to put Reality Stone back to its place.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
people still really out here thinkin smash characters get in based on deservedness in 2019

*cries in :4corrin:*
But there's two keywords that you missed.

I'd be fairly disappointed because I think DQ deserved it more.

I'm stating an opinion, not a fact, and my opinion is that Dragon Quest deserves it more than Banjo.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
people still really out here thinkin smash characters get in based on deservedness in 2019

*cries in :4corrin:*
Corrin retroactively makes sense given her popularity, moveset potential and Fates' success.

Well, at least more sense than "Samus but with catsuit".

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that 3rd party newcomers more or less always have their moveset and stage explained. There's going to be a separate Smash Direct so it wouldn't take time from the general direct. We'll probably get an announcement for it at the end of the tournament.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Corrin retroactively makes sense given her popularity, moveset potential and Fates' success.

nah, its the exact same type of popularity osby :4pacman: with hordes of waifu obsessors left and right, zero suit samus makes perfect sense!

But there's two keywords that you missed.
I'm stating an opinion, not a fact, and my opinion is that Dragon Quest deserves it more than Banjo.
forgive me cosmic77, but i must arrest you on the grounds of wrongthink

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Because Samus in a catsuit and Zelda in a catsuit were both character gimmicks that got grandfathered into every subsequent title.

Hell, I doubt Ivysaur would even be remembered if it wasn't for being the 2nd stage representative and rounding out member of the Pokemon Trainer trio.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering that 3rd party newcomers more or less always have their moveset and stage explained. There's going to be a separate Smash Direct so it wouldn't take time from the general direct. We'll probably get an announcement for it at the end of the tournament.
That doesn't sound very practical considering:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That doesn't sound very practical considering:

Behind closed doors no less. While Sakurai's baby Palutena and Mii Fighters were all ''DON'T LOOK BEHIND THAT CURTAIN. NO WE'RE IMPORTANT NOT THE GRANDFATHER OF ALL GAMING. HEY! COME BACK!"

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Behind closed doors no less. While Sakurai's baby Palutena and Mii Fighters were all ''DON'T LOOK BEHIND THAT CURRENT. NO WE'RE IMPORTANT NOT THE GRANDFATHER OF ALL GAMING. HEY! COME BACK!"
I just remember a lot of salt that E3. On top of Gematsu making everyone hopelessly negative, Miis were considered stupid, Palutena was sooooo easy to predict, and "No one wanted Pac-Man! Give us Mewtwo and Ridley!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay. How would everyone react if this was the Fighter Pass reveal order?

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo Kazooie
Jill Valentine
Settler (The Oregon Trail)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Behind closed doors no less. While Sakurai's baby Palutena and Mii Fighters were all ''DON'T LOOK BEHIND THAT CURRENT. NO WE'RE IMPORTANT NOT THE GRANDFATHER OF ALL GAMING. HEY! COME BACK!"
Are people still salty because they wanted to showcase the custom moves?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo Kazooie
Jill Valentine
Jill would be pretty hype. I’d be down for the rest.

Wouldn’t really care for Oregon trail settler and i would question why they are in the pass. Nothing against the game but it’s not something I see as smash material.

What gave you the idea to put that one?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just remember a lot of salt that E3. On top of Gematsu making everyone hopelessly negative, Miis were considered stupid, Palutena was sooooo easy to predict, and "No one wanted Pac-Man! Give us Mewtwo and Ridley!"
I wish to never travel back to Smash 4 speculation where Pac Man was absolutely not an icon of gaming and didn't deserve Smash.

Exhaustion status: Unlimited.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo Kazooie
Jill Valentine
Only if Settler is completely useless and dies of dysentery at the start of every match.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo Kazooie
Jill Valentine
Finally, a Smash game ended with the most hype reveal.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Direct opens:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Jill would be pretty hype. I’d be down for the rest.

Wouldn’t really care for Oregon trail settler and i would question why they are in the pass. Nothing against the game but it’s not something I see as smash material.

What gave you the idea to put that one?
If I had to guess, this video,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom