• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
y'know, I've been thinking about it and I think I like farfetch'd more than sirfetch'd, the new one is cool but he doesn't quite hit the farfetch'd energies that made the first one an amazing success
I like Sirfetch'd, but I would've preferred it being an evolution to Galarian FarFetch'd.

Sirfetch'd fits in perfectly with SwSh, but I don't know how I feel about it eclipsing FarFetch'd in future Gens.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just started playing Nuts and Bolts....

Jeese, with an intro like that, no wonder people were mad. It's really strange that the process to get here was an organic one and not some new team being given the IP.

Yeah, a new Banjo game defiantly needs to make fun of this. Maybe LOG is punished for crashing the franchise and has to supervise platforming challenges in the platforming levels.

I still like the idea of collecting "Nuts and Bolts" to then use the magic wrench to affect the environment, kind of like Mumbo's spells in Tooie (maybe even have one of them be building a car for a racing challenge). That way Mumbo can go back to doing transformations. Don't know what roll that would give Humba though....

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So Nintendo is 130 years old today.
Who've thought that a playing card company from the 19th Century would've survived long enough to enter the video game industry, not to mention revolutionize and influence it so heavily to become the massively successful staple gaming company that it is today?

Humble beginnings from over a century ago, seriously. They owe it all to Hiroshi Yamauchi.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe they should start releasing hanafuda cards again.
Aren't they still doing that? Some of their modern ones are even themed after some of their video game characters, IIRC

Just started playing Nuts and Bolts....

Jeese, with an intro like that, no wonder people were mad. It's really strange that the process to get here was an organic one and not some new team being given the IP.

Yeah, a new Banjo game defiantly needs to make fun of this. Maybe LOG is punished for crashing the franchise and has to supervise platforming challenges in the platforming levels.

I still like the idea of collecting "Nuts and Bolts" to then use the magic wrench to affect the environment, kind of like Mumbo's spells in Tooie (maybe even have one of them be building a car for a racing challenge). That way Mumbo can go back to doing transformations. Don't know what roll that would give Humba though....
Everyone loves a good usage of the "Take That, Scrappy!" trope, so I wouldn't be surprised if an eventual new BK game would take at least one jab at LOG.

I'd be somewhat approving of it, even, lol. I don't hate the game but it's easy to see why so many people did. It's painfully obvious from LOG's early dialogue alone that the devs were trying to be hip, relevant, and inventive all at the same time, all the while remaining completely oblivious as to what actually made the original BK games so beloved in the first place.

Noipoi

Howdy!
God, Nintendo just feels like family.

On long car rides, Mario was there. When I was sick, Kirby was there. When I was bored, DK was there. When I was sad, Yoshi was there. Pikachu has always been there, he hasn’t left me alone since 2011.

I know it’s really cheesy, and I fully admit that I get stupidly sentimental about dumb things, but Nintendo just fills me with a warmth that no one else does.

Even people like Reggie or Miyamoto or Iwata. They’re on the business side of things, they shouldn’t matter to me. But I love em, they’re like old friends!

So yeah, happy birthday Nintendo. Here’s to many more.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aren't they still doing that? Some of their modern ones are even themed after some of their video game characters, IIRC

Everyone loves a good usage of the "Take That, Scrappy!" trope, so I wouldn't be surprised if an eventual new BK game would take at least one jab at LOG.

I'd be somewhat approving of it, even, lol. I don't hate the game but it's easy to see why so many people did. It's painfully obvious from LOG's early dialogue alone that the devs were trying to be hip, relevant, and inventive all at the same time, all the while remaining completely oblivious as to what actually made the original BK games so beloved in the first place.
Which is weird because, from what I can tell, it started as a legit attempt at Banjo-Threeie. They came up with the vehicle idea to combat the worlds being to large to quickly traverse on foot. When you know it was the same people, the intro doesn't read as hubris, it reads as low self-esteem.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
On long car rides, Mario was there. When I was sick, Kirby was there. When I was bored, DK was there. When I was sad, Yoshi was there. Pikachu has always been there, he hasn’t left me alone since 2011.
When you felt like breaking valuable pottery, Link was there.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I haven't heard of or seen any since 2008, but I probably haven't looked far enough. Rare to even find anything new for them.

NerFox

Smash Cadet
Well I’m 23 and started again at college a few weeks ago. It’s been since 2016 I did go there. I failed, had psychological problems etc but I’m glad I’m back at it again.

I really like the college life although it’s a challenge.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I tried to play three houses in Japanese and I just couldnt do it. Even tho Seteth is Niles, I cant do it
i cant stand bernadetta in japanese

i dont care if she's quirky kawaii hahaaa her JP voice is like nails on a chalkboard, how the **** are people capable of such a high pitch

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
God, Nintendo just feels like family.

I know it’s really cheesy, and I fully admit that I get stupidly sentimental about dumb things, but Nintendo just fills me with a warmth that no one else does.

Even people like Reggie or Miyamoto or Iwata. They’re on the business side of things, they shouldn’t matter to me. But I love em, they’re like old friends!

So yeah, happy birthday Nintendo. Here’s to many more.
I Absolutely know what you mean.
Some of my earliest memories are of me watching my parents play Mario 1 and 3, I play through Kirby's Dream Land every year around Kirby's birthday (we're only a few months apart!), and if I'm ever feeling sad, bored, angry, or anxious I either sail around in Wind Waker or explore in BOTW and everything fades away.
"miraculously transformed into demons"

That's an oxymoron.
Well the definition of miraculous mentions "divine or supernatural," so it doesn't have to be an oxymoron.

Which is weird because, from what I can tell, it started as a legit attempt at Banjo-Threeie. They came up with the vehicle idea to combat the worlds being to large to quickly traverse on foot. When you know it was the same people, the intro doesn't read as hubris, it reads as low self-esteem.
I remember it beginning development as a remake of the original with changes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i cant stand bernadetta in japanese

i dont care if she's quirky kawaii hahaaa her JP voice is like nails on a chalkboard, how the **** are people capable of such a high pitch
Oh yeah for sure I hate her voice. but besides her, everyone else if fine in Japanese but I just love the english VA so damn much.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I'm officially having fun with nuts and bolts. This game is tight. If it was just a spinoff and a platformer came soon after, nobody would hate this game. It is the Federation Force of Banjo-Kazooie.

I Absolutely know what you mean.
Some of my earliest memories are of me watching my parents play Mario 1 and 3, I play through Kirby's Dream Land every year around Kirby's birthday (we're only a few months apart!), and if I'm ever feeling sad, bored, angry, or anxious I either sail around in Wind Waker or explore in BOTW and everything fades away.

Well the definition of miraculous mentions "divine or supernatural," so it doesn't have to be an oxymoron.

I remember it beginning development as a remake of the original with changes.
That was how it started. Then they decided to just make a new game because it would take the same amount of time and resources and would not run the risk of being seen as a mere "Graphical Upgrade". Like that's somehow a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom