• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Crunchyroll went full feminist with High Gurdian Spice and nobody knows what the **** is going on because the anime is literally just a PR anime with feminist crap sprinkled in here and there.
After all of the backlash against Shield Hero earlier this year & Goblin Slayer last year (granted I haven't seen the latter), that's honestly the exact opposite response I was expecting.

I guess it's hard to nuanced conversations online no matter the community.

Double K

Smash Lord
After all of the backlash against Shield Hero earlier this year & Goblin Slayer last year (granted I haven't seen the latter), that's honestly the exact opposite response I was expecting.

I'm pretty sure they weren't on the board for Goblin Slayer

D

Deleted member

What backlash? tbh I haven't been keeping up with most anime, mainly just my favs like Jojo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why?

And how??
I don’t know. I just.... they depress me. They’re so common. And everyone else likes them. And every game is slowly turning into one. But the mechanics and style are just such a turn off for me that it makes me sad.

A lot of things trigger my depression. And then I get angry so I don’t feel sad. And then I lash out at stupid things. Because I can’t looks at or hear or experience anything without reminding myself that I’m a miserable failure with more imagination than actual talent that can’t fix any problems no matter how hard I try and how often they cause me trouble. And I don’t know what to do about any of this.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, I don't have a set Pokémon team for Swish Swish beyond unfortunately putting in all the chips for Scorbunny as my starter so, that's about the only thing. I will not abandon my word so there's no backing out.

Double K

Smash Lord
I should have made it more clear that Crunchryroll went Radical Feminist. Like so radical, the trailer for High Guardian Spice was literally just them going on about "muh diversity" WHEN EVERYONE WORKING ON THE PROJECT WAS FEMALE.

Video:
To quote the philosopher of our generation

1568432078406.png

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I should have made it more clear that Crunchryroll went Radical Feminist. Like so radical, the trailer for High Guardian Spice was literally just them going on about "muh diversity" WHEN EVERYONE WORKING ON THE PROJECT WAS FEMALE.

Video:
The trailer was honestly pretty bad regardless.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you don't have Alcremie and Gossifleur in your team, you're doing it wrong.

I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
I’ve got the goblin boi, so Alcremie’s a no. Don’t want overlapping types. I do like it though.

And I just don’t like Gossifleur :mybodyisreggie:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, if the leaks are correct, then I correctly chose the starter with the most sex appeal so I guess that's something. That was really mainly my goal with Scorbunny. Had a feeling it'd be the furry bait and I willingly took it to see if I was correct.

Still hoping the leaks maybe didn't get everything right, but eh

Double K

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly it was people mad at an anime for having a female character framing the mc for a **** that he was innocent of.
It was because the story is about a dude being villified for being accused of a crime that is currently a hot topic internationally and it devalues the actual experiences of people who are victims of said crime he is being accused for, the story is some of the worst slavery apologia in non-smut isekai light novels, and the main character laughs at his accuser later when she is a victim of extreme sexual violence saying that it serves her right.

Also it's kind of just a really bad story with lame action and an unlikable protagonist who is a loser from minute one.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Also, if the leaks are correct, then I correctly chose the starter with the most sex appeal so I guess that's something. That was really mainly my goal with Scorbunny. Had a feeling it'd be the furry bait and I willingly took it to see if I was correct.

Still hoping the leaks maybe didn't get everything right, but eh
Bruh

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is gonna get outta hand real quick ain't it
Going to put on my mod face here and ask for people to keep things apolitical. This thread doesn't have a good history with charged topics.

Take it to PMs if you want to discuss things at length. Don't derail the thread.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
It was because the story is about a dude being villified for being accused of a crime that is currently a hot topic internationally and it devalues the actual experiences of people who are victims of said crime he is being accused for, the story is some of the worst slavery apologia in non-smut isekai light novels, and the main character laughs at his accuser later when she is a victim of extreme sexual violence saying that it serves her right.

Also it's kind of just a really bad story with lame action and an unlikable protagonist who is a loser from minute one.
How does it devalue actual victims?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Have you ever feel sad towards deaths that don’t seem sad when your younger.

Like for me, I felt really sad towards ones from characters that are from the main cast, but people don’t care about them due to bad writing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On a side note, boarderlands 3 has a achievement called Florida Man that you get by exploding yourself with a gernade lol

Double K

Smash Lord
You don't see how a show that is highly pushed by corporate, where the instigating conflict is false sexual assault allegation and the main character swearing revenge isn't just solidifying the idea that victims coming out are actually just liars in the eyes of the kind of people who think Vic did nothing wrong?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
What? It's true. An anthro bunny will be generally more appealing to look at and draw for some of the NSFW artists.

Though I can actually see the others having some if GF pulls an Incineroar and Machamp with funky monkey and takes a Salazzle x Primarina approach with shy lizard

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

You don't see how a show that is highly pushed by corporate, where the instigating conflict is false sexual assault allegation and the main character swearing revenge isn't just solidifying the idea that victims coming out are actually just liars in the eyes of the kind of people who think Vic did nothing wrong?
As much as I like the series, please drop the conversation or go to PMs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I honestly havent hear a single thing about the high gardian spice anime since they even "announced" they were making it.

i say "announced" because this announcement video talked less about the anime and more about how they are all proud they have diversity in an all woman ran thing.
Did the anime just die off or something? Is t still even being made?

Does it even have an episode?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What? It's true. An anthro bunny will be generally more appealing to look at and draw for some of the NSFW artists.

Though I can actually see the others having some if GF pulls an Incineroar and Machamp with funky monkey and takes a Salazzle x Primarina approach with shy lizard
I swear to god if they make Sobble a “uguu I’m just a shy waifu lizard UwU I don’t wanna fight” I’m gonna laugh and cry simultaneously.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I swear to god if they make Sobble a “uguu I’m just a shy waifu lizard UwU I don’t wanna fight” I’m gonna laugh and cry simultaneously.
Considering we're two months away from the game's launch and still don't know even the second forms of the starters, I'm almost convinced they don't even HAVE evolutions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
we already know what sobble becomes though thanks to the aflec leak.

Its:
A spy chameleon them named intelligion

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have you ever feel sad towards deaths that don’t seem sad when your younger.

Like for me, I felt really sad towards ones from characters that are from the main cast, but people don’t care about them due to bad writing.
Do you feel sad towards characters you thought died when you are young but found out they didn't but it still makes you sad when you watch it even though you know they aren't dead. Stupid Baloo, I love you, I'm glad you didn't die, but it is still so sad. Stop making me cry.

Double K

Smash Lord
I honestly havent hear a single thing about the high gardian spice anime since they even "announced" they were making it.

i say "announced" because this announcement video talked less about the anime and more about how they are all proud they have diversity in an all woman ran thing.
Did the anime just die off or something? Is t still even being made?

Does it even have an episode?
Nope. After the announcement, HGS discussion went silent from CR which is to be expected considering how they tend to be hush-hush on things that they don't have confirmed releases for.

There are lots of things to complain about the show, but it sure as hell isn't the staff. It was mostly just a PR nightmare because we saw nothing really of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom