• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I actually think that says how well their designs work even after 50 years. I spent my life watching Scooby-Doo and never attributed it to "60's" or even "old" :yoshi:
They’re very obviously 60s when you take the time to examine the outfits, but they’re timeless designs all the same.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Excited about something?

The thing that gets me the most excited is a bright future! I used to only look forward to video games back in the day but that clearly wasn't enough. As soon as I switched my mindset and tried to fight for something, I somehow got less cases of depression and negativity in my life.

I recommend it!
I wish it were that easy. Life is an endless well of pain. All you can do is numb it when you can and try to muscle through.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Zombie Island getting the respect it deserves I see.

Wonder how Return to Zombie Island is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In this town

We call home

Everyone hail to the pumpkin song
Premature spooks

I love em

I wish it were that easy. Life is an endless well of pain. All you can do is numb it when you can and try to muscle through.
I dunno man, I see life as a party. And sometimes bad **** shows up and you gotta turn off the music and pour out your drinks for a bit, but once you get through it the party starts right back up again!

It’s all about perspective. If you spend everyday thinking about how **** your life is, of course you’re gonna feel like ****. Trust me, that was me just last year.

Shroob

Sup?
Premature spooks

I love em

I dunno man, I see life as a party. And sometimes bad **** shows up and you gotta turn off the music and pour out your drinks for a bit, but once you get through it the party starts right back up again!

It’s all about perspective. If you spend everyday thinking about how **** your life is, of course you’re gonna feel like ****. Trust me, that was me just last year.
If Target and Walmart's already selling Halloween ****

Good as time as any to start celebrating my favorite holiday!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zombie Island still holds up.

Can't say that about the rest
Honestly there’s only 3 Scooby doo movies I think are bad quality.

The first is whatever the hell the one where shaggy becomes a werewolf and has to race for dracula was. Unless that was ghoul school but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t just set in the same place.

The second being whatever the hell that musical one where Scooby and shaggy went to the underworld or met satan or something like that.

And the third is the blue falcon one.

People give the wwe and kiss one complaints but I genuinely think the first wwe one was good.

It was a wild and weird crossover but still had fun moments and is just something so out there that it’s entertaining. The villain is also a little surprising.

The kiss one is alright, but it’s at least memorable. It has some good moments. My main problem was the end was kinda of dumb but everything else was also ridiculous to the point it entertained me.
Zombie Island's totally amazing. It's got the perfect dose of dark and mature elements, an actually really good storyline, creepy visuals and monsters, and a killer soundtrack.

Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders weren't half bad, either, imo. Heck, I didn't even think Cyberchase was that bad, although it did mark the point if that where the Scooby films completely dropped the darker tone. Everything after that hasn't left nearly as much of an impression on me.
Nothing after that left an impression? Not even this:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How'd I forget about Ghoul School? And the Boo Brothers? And Curse of the Werewolf?

They weren't terribly dark, but they all had neat premises and entertaining new characters. They were also among the few times in Scooby-Doo history where Scrappy was actually a decent character...Please don't shoot me for saying that.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Ghoul School had a really nice cast.

Honestly? It reminds me of Monster Prom if you guys ever heard of that game.

They even both have a ghost girl everyone loves to lewd

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol it's not my fault I happened to stumble across that kind of fanart.

And with Monster Prom it's basically in the ghost girl's character to be a party girl who likes ****ing and doing drugs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also say what you will but this scene is pretty damn good. Look at those views and likes too:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I used to think that too.

Now I don't and I feel like a newborn foal in a meadow during spring most of the time

Something like that at least

Anyway... if you're unhappy with your life, the one goal you have is to change that. Sounds like a good starting point, eh?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The boos brothers?

Damn that takes me back. I was young then when it aired every now and then but I definitely watched it. I might rewatch that to refresh my memory

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Premature spooks

I love em

I miss being little. I was happy when I was little.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I actually liked sone of the newer movies as well. The Legend of the Vampire or whatever, Chill Out, Samurai Sword, and the one where they go to space are neat.

And the one is only because the Hex Girls are in it tbh

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't really like Reluctant Werewolf. Ghoul School I didn't mind but I much prefer the usual Scooby formula. Boos Brothers I've only watched once and don't remember much else.

The ones post Cyberchase are a mixed bag but I can't really think of any that I really dislike.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
PSA: Always remember that both Shaggy and Scooby almost had actual extraterrestrial girlfriends.
Their designs are so set to the time period this movie that it’s kind of impressive.

Also the Area 51 raid is about to be just like this.

Who remembers Fraken Creeper though? It’s more recent but it’s plot is actually pretty interesting. They could have done more with it though.

Moon Monster madness is also kinda of neat.

Lastly camp scare was a pretty crazy one plot wise, I’d recommend it.

Also I had no idea return to zombie island was out or even announced. I knew it leaked last year but didn’t know it was available now. Gonna have to check that one out

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The one on the Moon is great because it's one of the darker movies fron the newer titles off the top of my head and there's a ****-their-pants joke as well. Also, Velma and Daphne's development and Fred's ****ing geeky ass fanboyism is adorable

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just learned that apparently Scooby doo and the gourmet ghost is a thing and in it they visit fred’s Uncle,

Bobby Flay.

What!?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But if Bobby Flay is his uncle,

Where’s the Scooby Doo meets Gordon Ramsley movie?

“WHY IS THERE A ****ING DOG IN THE BLOODY KITCHEN?

WHERE’S THE SCOOBY SNACKS?”

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't speak for everyone, but the scene just always felt wrong to me for some reason. So, with my trivial thoughts in mind, open this tab if you dare:

About midway into the film, Shaggy has a nightmare where Scooby transforms into a human.

EDIT: I'd post a screencap here but it freaking broke. Thanks Smashboads image uploader.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since the last image busted...Here, let's try that again.

This is what Big Top Scooby Doo had to offer, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom