• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I mean, I dunno. My most wanted female character is like, terribly bad. On one hand, I want her in Smash, but on the other hand, the fanbase would probably implode on itself. I know that happens every time a character is revealed, but it would be like...particularly bad. I don't think anyone with a good head on their shoulders wants that outcome ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If Ammy got in Smash, What would Issun do to help? He doesnt really do much in battle from what I remeber. And what would be her weapon? Would it be the mirror, Glave, rosary beads? Would her alts be of her different weapons?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, you should say "poor link". He only has eyes for Pit, after all. Or at least that's what certain parts of the fandom told me.
Let me guess, the Palutena Reveal is the cause of this ship?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's a people problem, not a character problem. I don't see how it's relevant.
Maybe I didnt say it right but no where was I saying its a character prob. I dont not want a chick because the chick will cause idiots to show up, I dont want a chick because OF the idiots.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mentioned the whole “they’re aiming for 100 Fighters” thing last week, except that I count the Koopalings, Alph, etc. We’re already over 90.

From what I’m reading, from Sakurai himself and from the Nintendo president, I feel reaffirmed in the belief that characters will
be from new companies, and/or new series.

I honestly think believing otherwise is setting up for disappointment. Literally, the president of the company spoke directly about it, and Sakurai again said he picks from a pool that Nintendo gives him.

The direction has been spoken to, by the guy (Furukawa) who leads the company in question. He spoke about the crossover and expanding the franchise. The first pass, which was characterized similarly, was all 3rd party.

Call it bias, but I really don’t think there’s a different way to read it. After this? I can’t see characters like Waluigi or Isaac getting upgrades. I don’t see Fire Emblem getting a new character either, despite how badly I want one. I do see more characters, like Crash, Dante, Leon or Jill, Heihachi, making their way in.

Could there be a first party newcomer? Sure. However, the only first party newcomer we’ve gotten for Smash was Corrin, as a promo pick. Everything else aside from vets (which there aren’t any more of) have been 3rd parties.

I need to write my article, lol.
It's up to interpretation.

What you read as, "We're expanding the crossover by adding more third-parties," I read as, "We're expanding the world of Smash by adding more characters".

We're just gonna have to wait. No point in acting like anything is set in stone when every comment that's been made is vague. What we infer from those comments is subjective.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If Ammy got in Smash, What would Issun do to help? He doesnt really do much in battle from what I remeber. And what would be her weapon? Would it be the mirror, Glave, rosary beads? Would her alts be of her different weapons?
Issun mostly just talks for her, outside of sections where Ammy shrinks down to his side. He's kind of that game's Navi.

I always imagined she'd have mirror on her back, but pull out other weapon types for some attacks, such as using a glaive for her smash attacks.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And then there was the inevitable reaction to fighter #69, which unfortunately just so happened to be an anthro muscular furry cat.
what team real expected: 7 character reveals in 40 minutes fulfilling every popular fan request of the last 20 years
what team real got: baracat 69

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Issun mostly just talks for her, outside of sections where Ammy shrinks down to his side. He's kind of that game's Navi.

I always imagined she'd have mirror on her back, but pull out other weapon types for some attacks, such as using a glaive for her smash attacks.
Oh oh, the beads can be a ranged attack, shooting them out. I rarely used that move with those weapons lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ,

That's 16 tons.

That's a whole vehicle.

How'd you get so jacked? I don't think Eggman necessarily needs a mech in Smash.
Ever since Shadow [REDACTED] my wife, I had to go to the gym every Tuesday with my best pal Bison to show him who is the boss here.
giphy (2).gif

The key detail being is that I run off to the gym like this too.

I'm one buff EGG Boi, but I gotta stay in a mecha, or else, I be too broken for Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean. What’s to stop MS from using this design if they make a new game?
I think they'd be smart if they did. Though, since Rare doesn't want to do anything with the IP, we'd have to wait for a studio that's wants to work on it to approach Microsoft, and I'm not holding my breath. Part of me feels after the Direct, while the deal is partially to instill good will with fans, it's still a limited gesture, and probably a one-off rather than a new direction for the series.

As Sakurai said, you could make an action game with all of the details they put into their Smash stage. All new models for the main characters, Spiral Mountain is recreated in its 3D glory (which is trippy looking through the VR mode... without Labo VR :chuckle:). Whoever takes the IP at this point, if they do, ought to take as much from their Smash appearance as possible (though, keeping the moves the same as they were at the end of Tooie, and then expanding on them from there).

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Let me guess, the Palutena Reveal is the cause of this ship?
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at all
Ok, got an image.
View attachment 237848
As you can see here, he is mostly the same, but he has a few slight changes, such as a smaller head. As much as I want the small tweaks in Smash to be canon, I know they aren't, since Smash designs in general aren't canon.
I think I like his eyes a little more in the original version, I'm not quite sure why though. Everything else about the smash version I like better.

And is it just me, or does the classic version remind me of Jimmy Neutron for some reason? Maybe it's just the somewhat primitive looking 3D.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I mentioned the whole “they’re aiming for 100 Fighters” thing last week, except that I count the Koopalings, Alph, etc. We’re already over 90.

From what I’m reading, from Sakurai himself and from the Nintendo president, I feel reaffirmed in the belief that characters will
be from new companies, and/or new series.

I honestly think believing otherwise is setting up for disappointment. Literally, the president of the company spoke directly about it, and Sakurai again said he picks from a pool that Nintendo gives him.

The direction has been spoken to, by the guy (Furukawa) who leads the company in question. He spoke about the crossover and expanding the franchise. The first pass, which was characterized similarly, was all 3rd party.

Call it bias, but I really don’t think there’s a different way to read it. After this? I can’t see characters like Waluigi or Isaac getting upgrades. I don’t see Fire Emblem getting a new character either, despite how badly I want one. I do see more characters, like Crash, Dante, Leon or Jill, Heihachi, making their way in.

Could there be a first party newcomer? Sure. However, the only first party newcomer we’ve gotten for Smash was Corrin, as a promo pick. Everything else aside from vets (which there aren’t any more of) have been 3rd parties.

I need to write my article, lol. Nothing wrong with wanting 1st parties. There are some I want as well. But all this stuff seems incredibly similar to the first one, and I see it going the same direction.
Where does Geno fit into this because yes he's only by Square but he's technically a Mario character so he's in a weird spot where he's kind of 1st party, kind of 3rd party.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Where does Geno fit into this because yes he's only by Square but he's technically a Mario character so he's in a weird spot where he's kind of 1st party, kind of 3rd party.
Geno is listed under the game SMRPG specifically on his spirit as opposed to the Super Mario series so he'd no doubt be representing a new universe. Also he was created by the Square team.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some Questions i REALLY need the answer too
What is going on in Zeldas final smash?
Is Ness unleashing Stars or Asteroids in his final smash?
What Model are the Missiles used in Snakes final smash?
How wide is Battlefield?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I talked about this in the Geno thread, but I want to get a lot of opinions on this: Anyone else feel the DLC lineup has been underwhelming so far?

I get it, a lot of people go bananas over Persona in here. There are DQ fans. Never really heard people talking about SNK, but sure, there's probably a ton of fans for Terry.

I was really only hype for Banjo. I was just kind of expecting more of the big Smash fan-favorites to join, characters among the ranks of Ridley and K. Rool. People like Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, Crash, Rayman, Porky, and Shantae.

This is only my opinion, but I was kind of hoping we'd get more mainstream characters, like iconic characters such as Master Chief and Doom Guy. I'm just not a fan of the line-up. Perhaps I'm entitled, perhaps I just don't have great taste in games, but I was expecting more from the Fighter's Pass other than a bunch of "Whoooo?s" (Yes, I know DQ and Persona have their fanbases and influences, I just don't know how else to phrase what I'm trying to say).
The DLC wasn't that exciting for me either. Like you, I was expecting more fan favorites.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I talked about this in the Geno thread, but I want to get a lot of opinions on this: Anyone else feel the DLC lineup has been underwhelming so far?

I get it, a lot of people go bananas over Persona in here. There are DQ fans. Never really heard people talking about SNK, but sure, there's probably a ton of fans for Terry.

I was really only hype for Banjo. I was just kind of expecting more of the big Smash fan-favorites to join, characters among the ranks of Ridley and K. Rool. People like Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, Crash, Rayman, Porky, and Shantae.

This is only my opinion, but I was kind of hoping we'd get more mainstream characters, like iconic characters such as Master Chief and Doom Guy. I'm just not a fan of the line-up. Perhaps I'm entitled, perhaps I just don't have great taste in games, but I was expecting more from the Fighter's Pass other than a bunch of "Whoooo?s" (Yes, I know DQ and Persona have their fanbases and influences, I just don't know how else to phrase what I'm trying to say).
I for one am actually glad they don't pick the obvious fan-requests. The fighters pass DLC may not have big fanbases behind them but they're recognizable either way. And I don't think picks should solely be based on popularity.

After K. Rool and Ridley I don't feel like there are any necessary characters left besides Banjo. And now he's here!

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Welp I was just trying to thread a needle and I thought the end of the thread was a spider crawling on me and ended stabbing myself with a needle
Fun stuff

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Peoples that say that Terry or Hero are obscure as **** but then ask Geno of all characters to be in Smash are still a pretty funny case to me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think I like his eyes a little more in the original version, I'm not quite sure why though. Everything else about the smash version I like better.

And is it just me, or does the classic version remind me of Jimmy Neutron for some reason? Maybe it's just the somewhat primitive looking 3D.
That reminded me, I forgot to mention how Rare stated that one of their own, Paul Cunningham (artist for Diddy Kong Racing), helped out a lot with their appearance. So it is possible that Rare is a big part of the process of how Banjo & Kazooie look in Smash, though to what extent we don't know. As much as I lament Rare's attitude towards the continuation of the series, they still do care about the series and want to do right by the fans.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
America:

6 people die due to "vaping related illness". BAN THEM! BAN THE VAPES!!!

Also America:

1,000s and 1,000s of people dying yearly due to guns. "Let's turn a blind eye and pretend nothing is happening".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom