• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I always figured it would be a “Season 2”. I think the text at the bottom of the screen was simply clarifying that the new characters wouldn’t be a part of Fighter Pass 1, and therefore wouldn’t be included in Season 1, but would be available in their own Season 2.

Granted, they didn’t announce a Season 2 in the Direct, but I think that’s strategic. They probably aren’t ready to talk much about it but wanted to drop that bombshell before pick #5 was revealed.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Are you following any sort of curriculum? I just went to school for it and the class projects kept me occupied enough. I'm terrible at coming up with my own projects though.
Unfortunately, no, just hopelessly trying to teach myself with youtube tutorials. I'd love to take a class if my school offered it as an elective.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Felt fine at work last night but now I have a damn cold after waking from a brief nap. I can't stand having a runny nose and I ache everywhere...

This blows...haha. Get it?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I always figured it would be a “Season 2”. I think the text at the bottom of the screen was simply clarifying that the new characters wouldn’t be a part of Fighter Pass 1, and therefore wouldn’t be included in Season 1, but would be available in their own Season 2.
That's what it is saying. It mentioned the fighter's pass, specifically. Sold separately is being taken too literally right now.

Another pass is not confirmed, but not ruled out entirely like I see some people suggest. Based on what Sakurai is saying, I doubt he's only doing 2-3 extra fighters. This seems to be a long term ambition. Another pass goes without saying since it's a popular idea.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Granted, they didn’t announce a Season 2 in the Direct, but I think that’s strategic. They probably aren’t ready to talk much about it but wanted to drop that bombshell before pick #5 was revealed.
I've been saying this since the reveal, but I don't think they would want to announce a Season 2 when Season 1 isn't done yet and a second pass wouldn't be available for purchase, especially since season 2 has likely barely started development

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I've been saying this since the reveal, but I don't think they would want to announce a Season 2 when Season 1 isn't done yet and a second pass wouldn't be available for purchase, especially since season 2 has likely barely started development
This. They are focusing on selling wave 1 and maximize the profits for that.

I'd actually see us getting 5 revealed in November after Bogard's showcase, with the second season announced at the VGA alongside a character.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I found this picture randomly scrolling through facebook. Hana's my favorite FE character of all time now, and I still don't know who the heck she is other than this amazing quote.

1568240354714.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, they could go the Smash 4 route, and instead of seasons, they just release packs as more and more characters get added to the game. I believe there was a pack for everyone up to Ryu, and then a 100% all DLC pack after Bayo.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, no, just hopelessly trying to teach myself with youtube tutorials. I'd love to take a class if my school offered it as an elective.
There are a few online curriculums out there that are at least partially free to get you started, exercism is kind of neat in my limited experience. It won't explain stuff too well on its own but it will give you lots of exercises to try and has a built-in feedback system for what you do make.

I also briefly used codecademy, but not for very long and it was a long time ago so I don't remember how good it was.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not we get a second pass. A pass is just a way to entice people to purchase a bundle of content. All of the content in a pass was likely decided before the pass was even created, and I don't think learning of a second Fighter Pass is gonna change much aside from us knowing there's a more convenient way to purchase the characters.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean, they could go the Smash 4 route, and instead of seasons, they just release packs as more and more characters get added to the game. I believe there was a pack for everyone up to Ryu, and then a 100% all DLC pack after Bayo.
Those didn't have discounts, and there's no reason to return to that model when the fighter's pass exceeded their expectations in December.

A fighter's pass is more consumer friendly than those Smash 4 bundles.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
There are a few online curriculums out there that are at least partially free to get you started, exercism is kind of neat in my limited experience. It won't explain stuff too well on its own but it will give you lots of exercises to try and has a built-in feedback system for what you do make.

I also briefly used codecademy, but not for very long and it was a long time ago so I don't remember how good it was.
Alright, i'll try those, thanks for your help.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
imagine coming into smash in 2021 and finding $94.84 of DLC
I wouldn’t be surprised if it reached a total of $300 or so once the DLC period was over

could be worse... could be like Dead Or Alive 6’s DLC

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Those didn't have discounts, and there's no reason to return to that model when the fighter's pass exceeded their expectations in December.

A fighter's pass is more consumer friendly than those Smash 4 bundles.
I mean, going back to that route isn't likely, but it's out there.

I'm more expecting a Season 2 like every other Fighting Game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m not sure if Nintendo would do it (or even be able to do it), but the only way I could see them abandoning the Fighter Pass model is if they went the route of a “Deluxe version”, which had all DLC on disc. Obviously that would be once everything is done.

But idk if they’d do that.

D

Deleted member

water literally tastes like air, how is it good
Like clean air, water is easy to consume. The lack of taste allows me to focus on other parts of water, like how it cures dehydration and cools my body, and that will always feel good. It's so harmless that I just down it without even thinking. My desk right now has six empty water bottles just laying about from this week alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I found this picture randomly scrolling through facebook. Hana's my favorite FE character of all time now, and I still don't know who the heck she is other than this amazing quote.

View attachment 237871
I've heard that's a fake quote, but haven't played Fates so don't take my word for it
It's absolutely fake.

Its a bit of a meme to take Fates dialogue boxes and edit fake quotes that are sort-of kind-of in character like that over them.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I'm telling you guys, the news of more characters was strategically dropped when it was to soften the blow to people who see Terry as a nobody.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom