• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If the WoL slots are right we get like 10 more characters, you’ll survive if one of them is Fire Emblem.
FIRE EMBLEM BURNED DOWN OUR HOUSES, DESTROYED OUR CROPS, AND KILLED OUR CHILDREN!

Wait, did it really?

Well, no. BUT ARE WE DOING TO WAIT AROUND UNTIL IT DOES?
How would I know? I only just beat chapter 3.

(I'm honestly concerned if the difficulty is going to continue to ramp up as much as it already has - I died more times in chapter 3 than I did in chapters 1 and 2 combined)
Get used to it man. I died like, 17,000 times total between the A, B, and C sides.

You can't play Chapter 9 unless you beat all of those btw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, basically, in Smash speculators' dictionary:

Fan favorite: Characters I like
Promotional pick: Characters I don't like but sell a lot
Sakurai pick: Characters I don't like and sell a lot but I've never heard of them
Anime swordmen: characters who “look japanese” and use a sword at least once. “Erdrick is an anime swordmen”

90s cereal mascot: derrogative term referring to any antropomorphic fictional animal who happens to be the star of a videogame made in the 90s or at times other decades. Mostly used to make said characters sound worse than how they are “Crash Bandicoot can’t get in because 90s cereal mascots are too common in Ultimate”

Unlikely pick: character who isn’t highly talked about and thus gets considered a never-ever by the fandom in general. “Terry is unlikely in comparison to Doomguy or Sans for the Fighter Pass”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

(I'm honestly concerned if the difficulty is going to continue to ramp up as much as it already has - I died more times in chapter 3 than I did in chapters 1 and 2 combined)
It gets trickier and trickier, but if the game's too hard for you, feel free to use Assist Mode, the story is so goddamn good and everyone should get to experience it

D

Deleted member

Chapter 5 is the peak of difficulty I find. Chapters 4, 6, and 7 are straightforward compared to Ch 3 and 5.

D

Deleted member

tfw you get left off the list of "fan favorite first party characters"

Fine add in Dixie too though I don't know if they would want to make her a mostly original character with a few things taken from Diddy like Luigi and Mario or an Echo fighter and if an Echo fighter that brings up the question of if we'll even get Echo fighters to begin with.

StormC

Smash Hero
Fine add in Dixie too though I don't know if they would want to make her a mostly original character with a few things taken from Diddy like Luigi and Mario or an Echo fighter and if an Echo fighter that brings up the question of if we'll even get Echo fighters to begin with.
The "realistic but ideal" scenario for me is they add her as a semi-clone (Lucas and Roy were both semi-clones and sold as DLC) with some Tropical Freeze music attached to her.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
5 was the maze right?
Yeah. 5 is Mirror Temple.

Honestly Chapter 3 is one of the most difficult chapters for A, B, and C side. The other chapters are relatively easier besides a tough room here and there.
And this, gamers, is why we don't play B-side.
But B sides are so much fun.

I love dying 100+ times to the same screen on 7B and then realizing I was doing it wrong the entire time. :)))

C sides > B sides.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Back in December I predicted Erdrick, a Microsoft character, some form of Undertale content, and Crash Bandicoot.

So uh, let’s see what happens with the Bandicoot :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Honestly Chapter 3 is one of the most difficult chapters for A, B, and C side. The other chapters are relatively easier besides a tough room here and there.

But B sides are so much fun.

I love dying 100+ times to the same screen on 7B and then realizing I was doing it wrong the entire time. :)))

C sides > B sides.
Honestly, the lack of story is what kills B-side for me. Celeste's story is just too charming to not have.

D

Deleted member

Chapter 3's C-side can just **** off for all I care. I can't check how many deaths I have on it at the moment but it's probably somewhere over 300

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Get used to it man. I died like, 17,000 times total between the A, B, and C sides.

You can't play Chapter 9 unless you beat all of those btw.
Good to know - I'll just stop at chapter 8, assuming that I can get that far. The regular levels are tough enough for me - I don't even want to know what the B and C sides are like.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
???

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this.
I mean, I doubt a majority of the "Sakurai picks" we have in Smash were chosen solely by Sakurai. You can't tell me that he doesn't get advice from his team and that he ignores whatever input they give him.

As far as I'm concerned, Corrin is more of a Sakurai pick than promotional pick.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just made a horrible realization*. Banjo & Kazooie's render on the website is the only one without a shadow.

Welp, that ****s up a lot of my fan art ideas I was waiting to do when their page got up.

*/s

D

Deleted member

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen without spoiling the story, how long is the DLC?
The soundtrack's 13 songs. I can't assume it's just one standard Celeste level.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The "realistic but ideal" scenario for me is they add her as a semi-clone (Lucas and Roy were both semi-clones and sold as DLC) with some Tropical Freeze music attached to her.
I’d say let her bring in a stage and big list of Tropical Freeze music, the game certainly deserves it at this point.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Good to know - I'll just stop at chapter 8, assuming that I can get that far. The regular levels are tough enough for me - I don't even want to know what the B and C sides are like.
B sides are long, and range from hard but fair to absolutely grueling.

C sides are actually fun since they're all 3 screens only, and feature concise platforming and fun puzzles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A while ago a bunch of slots were found in WoL data. We wrote it off, but it could be a sign of what’s to come.
Weren't those slots discovered way before Wave 2 confirmation? From it sounds like, it was Sakurai just planning ahead in case he came back, which is smart of him to do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dixie is my most wanted Nintendo character, but I'm not sure how I feel about her being DLC. Rareware fans already got K.Rool and Banjo, and I'd rather have character additions appeal to a broader demographic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Note to myself for the future: never eat pizza while watching Joel's videos, or else I might choke myself 3 or 5 times.

Totally not based on real life experience btw, of course not.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alrighty, so in terms of the newcomers I've unlocked so far, I'm really enjoying both :ultinkling: and :ultridley:

:ultinkling:'s moveset is appealing to me a whole lot, and :ultridley: is just dang fun

:ultsimon:'s pretty great for the most part while :ultisabelle::ultkrool: are a bit underwhelming for me...

the only non echo base newcomer I need to unlock is :ultincineroar:, who's been pretty much my most anticipated newcomer

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Based on everything we've seen so far, I'm guessing we'll get an even mix of popular first-parties and surprising third-parties.
I honestly don’t think we have enough to go on. We have basically nothing. We don’t even know if it will be another Fighters Pass or individual characters like Piranha Plant.

4 out of 5, and probably soon 5 out of 6 of the characters are third party, but it’s just not enough to go off of. We have no clue what’s in store after character 5.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Based on everything we've seen so far, I'm guessing we'll get an even mix of popular first-parties and surprising third-parties.
Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea what we'll get.

I want to say we'll get a nice mix-and-match of popular first-parties, promotional/newer first-parties, and third-parties, but we have literally nothing to go off of.

I stand firm in my belief that we're not getting strictly third-parties, but that's only an opinion, not something I can back up with evidence.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Since there's probably 5 additional characters being added after the first fighter pass, I'm really hoping for at least one additional female character, since the last true new female addition that isn't a clone/echo fighter (Isabelle-even though she has her own slot, Dark Samus) or an avatar swap (Inkling, Pokemon Trainer) was Bayonetta, and that was 4 years ago. No wonder this is called Super Smash BROTHERS...I legitimately believe Nintendo has done horribly when it comes to female characters in Smash. From what I can tell, Smash is almost exclusively a boys club, with 97% of the roster being male characters, and hardly any female Smash players on various circuits, and this site is almost exclusively male. I hope I'm wrong, I hope that there's. That's kind of why I was somewhat disappointed when Terry was revealed as SNK's Smash rep instead of Mai. In terms of female characters I'd hope at least get consideration( 2B, Lara Croft, Kitana, Kassandra, Tracer, Kerrigan, Sylvanas, Aloy or Liara T'soni), I really doubt there will be any female newcomers, not even from a Nintendo IP.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don’t think we have enough to go on. We have basically nothing. We don’t even know if it will be another Fighters Pass or individual characters like Piranha Plant.

4 out of 5, and probably soon 5 out of 6 of the characters are third party, but it’s just not enough to go off of. We have no clue what’s in store after character 5.
While I agree that nothing's set in stone; you can at least make a strong argument in favor of post-Fighter Pass DLC leaning towards third parties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom