• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah dude you're gucci. I get it. Don't feel pressured or anything.

still if you could visit every now and again I'm sure it'd be appreciated think of it like visiting your lame grandparents you gotta do it but you don't like it :(((((((
I'll be sure to tell you if Noipoi ever enters the Welcome channel.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you said this kinda thing in Brawl times, you’d have the same response to the hypothetical of an 80 character roster.

I don’t know if this is targeted at me for my “anti-Geno posting” through the last few pages, but I wouldn’t be mad at sakurai if Geno got in.

I wouldn’t be particularly fond of Geno, but that wouldn’t magically negate for me how much amazing content Ultimate already has, in addition to things I specifically wanted like returning vets and stages, Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo-Kazooie, in addition to Joker less than a month before I even fell in love with P5, as well as the promise of even MORE characters.
but I’d still be down to see how he plays.
That wasn't targeted at you lol.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So Persona 5 Royal is releasing on Halloween right? Shouldn't be long before Kasumi Persona's fate is sealed

D

Deleted member

What if I told y'all that ganondorf used his sword for an attack in smash 4.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Mega Man was HUGE going into Smash 4. You have to remember the context of only two third party characters being in, one as a favor to a friend, and one as a poll winner, so nobody even knew if they COULD do Mega Man, in addition to his history on Nintendo hardware and people wanting to see him again after being wronged for so many years, with like three cancelled games.

The last one of an ill-defined group that’s made up by fans and means nothing.

That’s not a thing that happened. I believe Sakurai mentioned he considered him briefly for Brawl, but that’s it. He definitely wasn’t planned and scrapped for Smash 4.
Mega Man was massive during pre-Sm4sh. Like, Ridley massive. It's just that he was literally the second character confirmed so his fanbase didn't really have time to get loud.
Except Sora and Disney...:crying:
We don't know if negotiations were previously attempted though. I personally think negotiations for Sm4sh DLC/base Ultimate might have been attempted and failed (Sakurai mentions failed negotiations for the Ballot character in his book, and I'm pretty sure Sora ranked at least Top 20, if not higher), but we don't know anything.

I think negotiations this time around, if attempted, will go much better given stuff like John Drake's recent hiring to handle Disney licensing in video games (showing Disney is taking licensing more seriously), KH3's massive success (being the highest selling game in the entire seires) and Ultimate's massive success, and the fact that stuff like this seems to be going around Disney right now.
So, if you know me you know that I have pretty much stated in the past that Sora is absolutely, 100%, definitely, certainly, never going to happen in Smash becaus I interned at Disney Studios (The Film Division) for a little bit of time. I know how protective they are and I know how hard it is to get something out of then without them getting something in return and that still, absolutely, holds true to this day.

Now being in the film division I never really heard much about other goings on. There is a glimmer of hope for you Sora fans though. Very, VERY slight but it is something.

Some of my friends at Disney Studios that stayed on after I left know I'm a huge Nintendo fan and, hoo boy. They told me that Disney is actively trying to gain distribution and production rights in a Nintendo property for the upcoming Disney+ service. Of course, this is all VERY early so no one really knows what property they're trying to snag. My guess would be Zelda since, after Mario (Universal) and Pokemon (Warner Bros.), it's their most well known property available. Just my speculation though.

I want to stress that this is ABSOLUTELY hearsay. I have no way to confirm this and the way my buddies are talking it's looking like it's just rumblings within the studio. Because of the fact that Disney Studios is separated from Pixar, Disney Animation, Disney Television, etc. it's not exactly ALWAYS reliable

What am I trying to say? Well, Sora's chances may have just dropped from 100% impossible, to a solid 95% impossible. If there was ever a shot Sakurai could take for Sora it's now for this next pass.
Granted, that's hearsay, but still, he's got a real chance.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man was massive during pre-Sm4sh. Like, Ridley massive. It's just that he was literally the second character confirmed so his fanbase didn't really have time to get loud.

We don't know if negotiations were previously attempted though. I personally think negotiations for Sm4sh DLC/base Ultimate might have been attempted and failed (Sakurai mentions failed negotiations for the Ballot character in his book, and I'm pretty sure Sora ranked at least Top 20, if not higher), but we don't know anything.

I think negotiations this time around, if attempted, will go much better given stuff like John Drake's recent hiring to handle Disney licensing in video games (showing Disney is taking licensing more seriously), KH3's massive success (being the highest selling game in the entire seires) and Ultimate's massive success, and the fact that stuff like this seems to be going around Disney right now.

Granted, that's hearsay, but still, he's got a real chance.
Gonna laugh if we get Sora and don't get Geno for Ultimate. I'm gonna have to end up deleting two accounts.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So Persona 5 Royal is releasing on Halloween right? Shouldn't be long before Kasumi Persona's fate is sealed
what is the implication here
that a character is only eligible for smash so long as they don't have a released game?

1568156552709.png

D

Deleted member

Good. I'm looking for a way out please help me I'm trapped here against my will.

I kinda hope we get both and no one has to die. :)
I mean, I bet against Sora so the best case scenario would still kill me. Hey, at least I get Geno, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
no

but you can't seriously tell me that kasumi has a chance in a post November 2019 world
game doesn't even come out outside of japan until spring 2020

beyond that i think the chances are pretty null and void but i'm not sure i follow why november is an absolute cut-off date

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
game doesn't even come out outside of japan until spring 2020

beyond that i think the chances are pretty null and void but i'm not sure i follow why november is an absolute cut-off date
it's not an absolute cut off date but it is a cut off date which I have just now created

I suppose its possible it could be anywhere from october to untitled Spring month but personally if I were jane persona I would release more towards the Japanese date

Consider this

I think its safe to say that Atlus really wanted Joker to serve as a bit of promotion for Persona 5: Battle Royale, seeing as Sakurai seemed to get exclusive deets on the game before anyone else with the grapple and potentially planned Kasumi Persona

If Kasumi was planned, then perhaps she was held back a bit by the head honchos at Atlus to release closer to Persona 5: Royal Rumble

One thing I've noticed about Atlus (that could be misinformed/misunderstood) is that they seem to prioritize their Japanese fanbase above the western fans, so I think they would be more likely to release her towards the Japanese release date

Either way, Kasumi's mere existence in game come spring would be promotion enough for the western fanbase

So those are my thoughts/conspiracy theories. I have more paragraph breaks than you so you should know that this is a well informed post with no inconsistencies or falsehoods.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Every once in a while my natural accent makes me sound like JFK from Clone High.

The question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's not an absolute cut off date but it is a cut off date which I have just now created

I suppose its possible it could be anywhere from october to untitled Spring month but personally if I were jane persona I would release more towards the Japanese date

Consider this

I think its safe to say that Atlus really wanted Joker to serve as a bit of promotion for Persona 5: Battle Royale, seeing as Sakurai seemed to get exclusive deets on the game before anyone else with the grapple and potentially planned Kasumi Persona

If Kasumi was planned, then perhaps she was held back a bit by the head honchos at Atlus to release closer to Persona 5: Royal Rumble

One thing I've noticed about Atlus (that could be misinformed/misunderstood) is that they seem to prioritize their Japanese fanbase above the western fans, so I think they would be more likely to release her towards the Japanese release date

Either way, Kasumi's mere existence in game come spring would be promotion enough for the western fanbase

So those are my thoughts/conspiracy theories. I have more paragraph breaks than you so you should know that this is a well informed post with no inconsistencies or falsehoods.
the most reasonable release in my mind would be february - plonk her down straight in the middle between the japanese and overseas release dates so one half has a reasonable idea of who she is and the other half gets marketed to by atlus in the runup

have sakurai show off challenger 5 in the usual format, crack some jokes about being nearly dead and needing to go home to stock up on IV drips while he tries to draw attention away from the fact that he is literally crying blood and hasn't slept in 9 weeks, then reveal her with all the fanfare of a mii costume and use it as a springboard into talking about the next wave of fighters

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
crack some jokes about being nearly dead and needing to go home to stock up on IV drips while he tries to draw attention away from the fact that he is literally crying blood and hasn't slept in 9 weeks
6e25e3d2da04639f08943e008a51d0e6.gif

This is a quite a departure from the standard Gentlepanda humor.

D

Deleted member

The thing about being an hyperactive person with medicaments is that you can’t drink any alcoholic drinks due to medical reasons.

However, you can simulate the state of a drunk person any day you forget to take your medicaments.

So you can technically still get drunk, doh in a metaphorical way.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
the most reasonable release in my mind would be february - plonk her down straight in the middle between the japanese and overseas release dates so one half has a reasonable idea of who she is and the other half gets marketed to by atlus in the runup

have sakurai show off challenger 5 in the usual format, crack some jokes about being nearly dead and needing to go home to stock up on IV drips while he tries to draw attention away from the fact that he is literally crying blood and hasn't slept in 9 weeks, then reveal her with all the fanfare of a mii costume and use it as a springboard into talking about the next wave of fighters
I could see this happening, though I think Sakurai has enough IV drips to last until at least next April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom