• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
My opinion about Geno is that he didn't represent anything important in video game to me (but I live in europe and the game didn't came at the time here). Perhaps he can represent mario rpgs better than paper mario (at least better for those who don't want another Mario).
For me Geno is the hype character of Smash and that's perhaps the first reason he's so popular among smash fans, the first time I saw him I was like "who is this guy ?" and thought that he was a meme character in the smash speculation. (later I understand that it wasn't the case or at least wasn't only, lol)
Now I want him in the game just cause it's the hype guy of the smash series (and cause it's an unique character).

I always see those discussions about his legitimacy in smash from the point of view of SMRPG but I think it's not the good way to think about him in Smash, 99% of european people who knows Geno knows him cause of Smash speculation. I'm not american or japanese but I'm pretty sure a big part of those who know Geno in these regions are in the same case. What I mean is that if Geno is going to be in Smash it won't really be because of mario rpgs but because of Smash imo.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok but 1000 year door has never gotten a rerelease meaning I'd have to pirate it
Hey, if you did decide to pirate it, WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT, you’d definitely want to use the Dolphin emulator set at 1080p, and install HIGHLY ILLEGAL HD texture pack for The Thousand Year Door WHICH YOU SHOULD BUY LEGITIMATELY. It makes the game look modern and great NOT THAT IT SHOULD SINCE IT IS A 2004 GAMECUBE TITLE THAT SHOULD ONLY BE PLAYED IN ITS UNMODIFIED STATE IN NATIVE RESOLUTION ON ORIGINAL OFFICIAL NINTENDO HARDWARE.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only big four I’ve ever seen seriously considered undebated was K Rool, Ridley, Banjo, and Geno.

Anyone else was given at least a chance of getting in by people

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I believe they do, actually.
From my understanding, Disney owns the character of Sora, but Square-Enix owns the design of Sora. In addition, Disney always asks Nomura permission before using Sora, out of respect.
Sora, the King Kong of video games where the rights are complicated. Some aspects of Kong is public domain while others goes to Universal or Warner Bros or whatever.

There's a reason why the 2017 movie was called Kong: Skull Island and not King Kong: Skull Island and the characters only referring to him as Kong.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey, if you did decide to pirate it, WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT, you’d definitely want to use the Dolphin emulator set at 1080p, and install HIGHLY ILLEGAL HD texture pack for The Thousand Year Door WHICH YOU SHOULD BUY LEGITIMATELY. It makes the game look modern and great NOT THAT IT SHOULD SINCE IT IS A 2004 GAMECUBE TITLE THAT SHOULD ONLY BE PLAYED IN ITS UNMODIFIED STATE IN NATIVE RESOLUTION ON ORIGINAL OFFICIAL NINTENDO HARDWARE.
I'm immediately reminded of this scene.

Best not to go too far beyond this, though, considering the rules on respecting copyright.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Playing Banjo Kazooie on the xBox, like Sakurai suggested. Aren't I cool?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've found the perfect comic to dub.
1568150409451.png
Can't find the artist, though. If anyone knows who it is, lemme know.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Playing Banjo Kazooie on the xBox, like Sakurai suggested. Aren't I cool?
While some re-releases of games from the same era get flack for messing things up, the 360 releases of Kazooie and Tooie are the objectively superior versions from my point of view (at least for Kazooie, since I haven’t played Tooie).

In the original N64 version of Kazooie, when you leave a level, your Music Note and Jinjo scores reset, meaning you can’t leave the level with 2 Jinjos and 67 music notes and expect to collect the rest later.
You still get how ever many notes you got added to your grand total for unlocking doors., but if you want to get all 100 notes and all 5 Jinjos per level, you have to do it in one run, and I’m not a fan of that. It discourages going back and forth between levels to explore ,which is something you already have to do for certain jiggys with powers you get later on, so i really don’t understand it. Maybe it was a memory thing.

In the 360 version, only the note and Jinjos you haven’t collected will remain in the level, so you can miss and few and come back for them later. I believe once you get all of them they’ll reset in the level if you want to collect them all again for fun, but I’m not sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While some re-releases of games from the same era get flack for messing things up, the 360 releases of Kazooie and Tooie are the objectively superior versions from my point of view (at least for Kazooie, since I haven’t played Tooie).

In the original N64 version of Kazooie, when you leave a level, your Music Note and Jinjo scores reset, meaning you can’t leave the level with 2 Jinjos and 67 music notes and expect to collect the rest later.
You still get your music note high score added to your total number of notes, but if you want to get all 100 notes and all 5 Jinjos per level, you have to do it in one run, and that’s really annoying for a game like that. It discourages going back and forth between levels seeing what you can get.

In the 360 version, only the note and Jinjos you haven’t collected will remain in the level, so you can miss and few and come back for them later. I believe once you get all of them they’ll reset in the level if you want to collect them all again for fun, but I’m not sure.
From what I have heard, lag in Tooie was unbearable, but the port fixes it. Funnily enough, the opening music was meant to accompany the lag, so in the xBox port, the music is off-sync. Otherwise, everything is great.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My biggest thing is that this point, it seems to me that Sakurai can effectively get whoever he wants if the deal is right.

It’s another reason why I see him going mainly for 3rd parties, if not entirely.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
personally I'm not really into geno since there are other cool and good square characters I want to see

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

You still get how ever many notes you got added to your grand total for unlocking doors., but if you want to get all 100 notes and all 5 Jinjos per level, you have to do it in one run, and I’m not a fan of that. It discourages going back and forth between levels to explore ,which is something you already have to do for certain jiggys with powers you get later on, so i really don’t understand it. Maybe it was a memory thing.

The opening cutscene for Tooie is made worse because the music no longer syncs with it, and unlike the note glitch in Banjo-Kazooie (where the Xbox 360 port counted notes collected in the Bottles Puzzles as being collected, which made some notes permanently lost), it was never fixed. Also, certain cheats (like NestKing, which gives you infinite eggs and feathers) can't be activated without disabling saves, which wasn't an issue in the N64 version. Other than that, it's a solid port in my eyes, and it gets bonus points for incorporating Stop N Swop in some form.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
You befriended Matt from Wii Sports?
that could be the mii in question but really its up for interpretation, when I make jokes I like to keep them open ended so that readers can insert themselves into them. That way the reader can relate to the joke better and get some more enjoyment out of it. In this case the mii could be anyone, it could even be you

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's exploiting children's love of a simple video game to manipulate them into believing the great big book of lies and bigotry.
Regardless of religion, I think everyone can look at the Minecraft Bible and can’t help but laugh at how hard they’re trying to be hip with the kids.

D

Deleted member

that could be the mii in question but really its up for interpretation, when I make jokes I like to keep them open ended so that readers can insert themselves into them. That way the reader can relate to the joke better and get some more enjoyment out of it. In this case the mii could be anyone, it could even be you
now im just uncomfortable /s

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think I should play Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox...

...360, getting a used one, and playing them on the account where I already own the two games. :chuckle:

(thank you Microsoft for helping to get Banjo & Kazooie into Smash, but I'm going to need a lot more to convince me to pick up a new system... like other games I actually want to play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom