• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So now, I'm treading up Death Mountain to get the last medal, and I saw a puddle on the ground, and suddenly, the screen got really trippy and I turned into a Rabbit.

Guess I hit the Dark World, but I didn't think that would happen.

Now, I kinda want to explore the whole thing as a rabbit.

D

Deleted member

So now, I'm treading up Death Mountain to get the last medal, and I saw a puddle on the ground, and suddenly, the screen got really trippy and I turned into a Rabbit.

Guess I hit the Dark World, but I didn't think that would happen.

Now, I kinda want to explore the whole thing as a rabbit.
Two Bunnys siting in an puddle 5 feet apart cause there not Gay!

D

Deleted member

I fear the timeline where PSASBR2 happens and it has both Crash and Spyro.

The awful debates and discussions I will get into just because of people locking themselves into thinking “PsAsBr2 wItH cRaSh=CrAsH nOt In SmAsH” will drain all of my freaking vital energy to live.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't really feel like any characters are deconfirmed for the second pass/after pass DLC/Individual DLC/Sakurai Selects. If he wanted to put say, Waluigi in, I don't think he would let an assist trophy stop him. Obviously he didn't want to do that in base game but this is a lot different. I feel like the slate for what is possible has now been wiped clean.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I don't really feel like any characters are deconfirmed for the second pass/after pass DLC/Individual DLC/Sakurai Selects. If he wanted to put say, Waluigi in, I don't think he would let an assist trophy stop him. Obviously he didn't want to do that in base game but this is a lot different. I feel like the slate for what is possible has now been wiped clean.
Yeah, but don't be surprised if it's still only 3rd parties. Sakurai and Nintendo are pretty much going all out on getting licenses for many series and it's the best time to make this game as close to an official Mugen game before Smash gets that Reboot. The only 1st party series I can see getting a character is from Astral Chain for being entirely new and not having anything in Ultimate.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah, but don't be surprised if it's still only 3rd parties. Sakurai and Nintendo are pretty much going all out on getting licenses for many series and it's the best time to make this game as close to an official Mugen game before Smash gets that Reboot. The only 1st party series I can see getting a character is from Astral Chain for being entirely new and not having anything in Ultimate.
I don't really expect any 1st parties, this was just something I wanted to throw out there.

I don't think they'll reboot Smash, with a game that places so much emphasis on its roster of characters cutting that down would be a surefire way to make the series crash and burn.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I actually wouldn't, because you've been really angry with Sans fans lately. So I really was confused there. I'm sorry.
Naw, I wasnt angry at san fans, I was angry a costume overshadowed a fighter lol I dont know anyone that would willingly bully terry fans with Pictures of the costume and Terry being forgotten.... Yet, that is

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Debating if I should main Sans or Banjo.

Banjo
  • Super fun to play
  • Great alts
  • I’m good as him
  • I don’t have to carry him over to a friend’s switch when playing
Sans
  • One of my favorite video game characters
  • He looks amazing
  • He’s hype as ****
  • It’s ****ing Sans
I thought you were a Joker guy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I fear the timeline where PSASBR2 happens and it has both Crash and Spyro.

The awful debates and discussions I will get into just because of people locking themselves into thinking “PsAsBr2 wItH cRaSh=CrAsH nOt In SmAsH” will drain all of my freaking vital energy to live.
Well, that leak (even if it's fake) says it has them, as well as Snake and Cloud. So.... If it happens then that conversation will be shut down immediately.

Also, food for though, the leak says Mortal Kombat characters are on the table for future expansions of the game, and the rumors were addressed on Twitter by Ed Boon. Probably means nothing. But you never know.....

D

Deleted member

Sure but licensing and working with other companies can only go so far and get so expensive and complicated until it gets overwhelming. The bigger the roster and the more companies that work on the game the more bloated and complicated things get which is why I don't expect every single character to be from a new 3rd party franchise and company.

While I have nothing to back this up I get the feeling they wanted to blow through their big 3rd party additions (in terms of new 3rd party companies) in the Fighters Pass as we've only gotten 2/5 from companies already represented. Sure, I could obviously see more 3rd party companies jumping onto the Smash train but we don't know the limitations for the additional DLC characters nor the budget. It could be a complete reversal of the FP, It could be the exact same or it could be a mix of both 3rd party and 1st party (Which is what I think is going to happen).

And Sakurai himself said these additional DLC characters will have more of a focus on what people want so obviously we could get more 3rd party characters and franchises but there's a few 1st party fan-favorites/liked characters I could see getting added as well: Waluigi (If assists can be upgraded), Isaac (If Assists can be upgraded), Rex/Pyra, Geno (If you consider him 1st party), FE:TH rep, Astral Chain rep, Etc.

Maybe even Bandanna Dee and Dixie (if we get echoes) if they really want to pull a 50/50 split of 1st and 3rd party characters or even a focus on 1st party characters (Which I think is unlikely at best we'll get that mentioned 50/50 split or a 25/75 split)

And if it really is additional DLC like Smash 4 instead of yet another Pass I could really see us getting at least one if not three 1st party characters.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regarding the "all third-party/no first-party" debate, there's really no basis for anything. We have absolutely nothing to go off of aside knowing we're getting more DLC, and even PushDustin himself has pointed out that the Japanese translation of Sakurai's statement doesn't seem to lean one way or the other.

We'll just have to wait and see. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just don't confuse your opinions with facts.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Regarding the "all third-party/no first-party" debate, there's really no basis for anything. We have absolutely nothing to go off of aside knowing we're getting more DLC, and even PushDustin himself has pointed out that the Japanese translation of Sakurai's statement doesn't seem to lean one way or the other.

We'll just have to wait and see. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just don't confuse your opinions with facts.
Unless you're a god. Then your opinions are facts

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Anybody else here play Super Smash Flash 2? I've decided to main Black Mage along with Bandana Dee since I feel accustomed to how they play, starting to get anxious about when the next version of the Beta will release.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Earthbound isn't in the SNES Online thing but don't worry; Stunt Race FX is.

Edit: okay this SNES thing ain't doing it for me. I'm gonna try that Kirby Clash game.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Disney ALREADY has Avatar-related attractions in Disney World...
That was a thing that happened before the Fox purchase, actually.

In a similar manner, Disney World had Star Wars and Indiana Jones related attractions long before the Lucasfilm acquisition

Kinda weird how things turn out

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Earthbound isn't in the SNES Online thing but don't worry; Stunt Race FX is.

Edit: okay this SNES thing ain't doing it for me. I'm gonna try that Kirby Clash game.
We already got Earthbound though.

D

Deleted member

I found a comic dub I had completely forgotten I had helped with...
Pretty happy with how my lines turned out.
Lancer is spot on, but that Rouxls just... Meh? He should be more exaggerated.

Nice work! Didn't know you could snore so well. lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Lancer is spot on, but that Rouxls just... Meh? He should be more exaggerated.

Nice work! Didn't know you could snore so well. lol
I won't lie, I do think the pitch should be a little bit deeper, and he should have a bit more energy. Besides that, it's pretty good.

Also, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom