• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can't imagine thinking this is an ok way to speak to people. According to this tweet Sakurai said nothing about it being only new franchises. So no one is wrong (yet).
That statement “bringing together new worlds” was the most exciting thing in the presentation to me. I will not let people destroy that. From where I’m standing, this “mistranslation” argument is people just trying to continue to keep characters like Edelguard, Bandana Dee, and a SwSh Pokémon in the conversation. You will not ruin the speculation cycle for me no won’t let you.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That statement “bringing together new worlds” was the most exciting thing in the presentation to me. I will not let people destroy that. From where I’m standing, this “mistranslation” argument is people just trying to continue to keep characters like Edelguard, Bandana Dee, and a SwSh Pokémon in the conversation.
How in the ever loving frick is people saying there could be first parties destroying anything for you?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
One mildly upsetting thing about Banjo-Kazooie is that Click Clock Wood and the final boss theme didn’t get remixes or weren’t even featured at all. Those were two of the songs I was hoping for the most, and are fan favorites.

I still love the remixes, and I can’t believe they did 7 of them, but those two just kinda seem weirdly absent.

Kinda the same thing with P5. I love the remixes and the surprising variety of music from the different games, but Life Will Change seems like a weird omission. Whine of Fate would’ve been cool but that’s a smaller one.

Actually, combined with Hero only having no remixes and all the songs are midis instead of the orchestrated versions, I predict all Fighters Pass characters will have something missing from their music.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That statement “bringing together new worlds” was the most exciting thing in the presentation to me. I will not let people destroy that. From where I’m standing, this “mistranslation” argument is people just trying to continue to keep characters like Edelguard, Bandana Dee, and a SwSh Pokémon in the conversation. You will not ruin the speculation cycle for me no won’t let you.
What about the conversation over characters like Edelgard ruins it though? Regardless of how you interpret the statement, speculation over those characters are harmless since people are talking about the characters they'd personally like to see as well. Them being discussed doesn't ruin the chances or the possibility of other Third Party characters being added, it's just another topic of discussion over what DLC people would like to see.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
One mildly upsetting thing about Banjo-Kazooie is that Click Clock Wood and the final boss theme didn’t get remixes or weren’t even featured at all. Those were two of the songs I was hoping for the most, and are fan favorites.

I still love the remixes, and I can’t believe they did 7 of them, but those two just kinda seem weirdly absent.

Kinda the same thing with P5. I love the remixes and the surprising variety of music from the different games, but Life Will Change seems like a weird omission. Whine of Fate would’ve been cool but that’s a smaller one.

Actually, combined with Hero only having no remixes and all the songs are midis instead of the orchestrated versions, I predict all Fighters Pass characters will have something missing from their music.
Guess that's the price of having Megalovania in

We've got a game with absolutely iconic tracks like

World 1-1
The Tetris Theme
Megalovania

but also missing other bangers like

One Winged Angel
Final Boss (Banjo Kazooie)
Porky Means Business

Win some, lose some

D

Deleted member

Sorry for interrupting any current talk, but I really care about this.

Please consider making at least one tweet with the hashtag, it would mean the world for me if anyone here could help the movement get strong.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ya know? Maybe you should do the same, and not ruin the cycle for anyone who do want some characters from already represented franchise by rudely saying it won't happen

Let's keep a very neutral view on this. We know pretty much nothing aside from the fact that we're getting more characters. Let's leave it at that, til we know what we're actually dealing with

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How in the ever loving frick is people saying there could be first parties destroying anything for you?
Because....

I was gonna say I didn’t know. But I took so long to write this that I figured it out.

I love crossovers. Even if it’s between things I don’t like, something about them coming together and mashing up attracts me. And Smash is like, the biggest possible crossover ever. I want to see it grow. I want to see more new franchises get mashed together and play around with each other. I loved that statement because it meant he was doing exactly that. I was ecstatic about that. And now you’re telling me to just be fine with the idea of it not growing in favor more characters from franchises we’ve seen plenty from already. That’s why I got mad. I admit I overreacted. But that’s why it happened.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Well, these people commenting on the translation speak the language... so...
Besides, if anything, people being over-dramatic, aggressive and tribalistic is what's going to "ruin the speculation cycle."

You wanna pretend everything is going your way? Fine. But please don't go off on other people for trying to follow the clues.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
From an older gamer, terry is a much bigger deal.
I figured that’s probably the case. I think the reaction is a result of this board seemingly tending to scew younger. I mean, I’m 24 and I’d never heard of SNK or Fatal Fury, so I figure most people younger than me haven’t for sure.

StormC

Smash Hero
So Sans Undertale wasn’t really added to Smash yesterday, right? I just hallucinated that.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Small thing, but am I the only one who thinks the Smash victory screen with Banjo and Kazooie playing their instruments alongside the victory theme is just incredibly joyous?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Geez, poor Terry got overshadowed quick...
That's because SNK/Terry is more popular in Brasil, while Sans is more well-know in the west (and Japan apparantly) in general dues to all the memes and how big Undertale was for a time, so it was to be expected.

Still, I think Terry will get his time to shine once we see more of him, for now, he is still in early developpement and Banjo/Sans just released.

Also, I can't believe Sans killed Banjo- Noipoi Noipoi , I'm actually crying.:crying:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Geez, poor Terry got overshadowed quick...
I live in a world where Smash memes are about Smash.

This is my reality.

Oh good lord I love being alive.

Because....

I was gonna say I didn’t know. But I took so long to write this that I figured it out.

I love crossovers. Even if it’s between things I don’t like, something about them coming together and mashing up attracts me. And Smash is like, the biggest possible crossover ever. I want to see it grow. I want to see more new franchises get mashed together and play around with each other. I loved that statement because it meant he was doing exactly that. I was ecstatic about that. And now you’re telling me to just be fine with the idea of it not growing in favor more characters from franchises we’ve seen plenty from already. That’s why I got mad. I admit I overreacted. But that’s why it happened.
That’s all well and good mate, but you don’t gotta **** on others for daring to have a different opinion.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I figured that’s probably the case. I think the reaction is a result of this board seemingly tending to scew younger. I mean, I’m 24 and I’d never heard of SNK or Fatal Fury, so I figure most people younger than me haven’t for sure.
I have 10 years on you. I was gaming in the heights of the capcom vs snk rivalry. I remember the yearly kof games.

Terry is epic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I live in a world where Smash memes are about Smash.

This is my reality.

Oh good lord I love being alive.

That’s all well and good mate, but you don’t gotta **** on others for daring to have a different opinion.
I wish I could find the studies that confirmed this, but one of my professors told me that disagreeing with someone actually lights up the same parts of your brain as a physical attack. Obviously I need to control it better, but it’s human nature.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah **** guys, Sans didn't made it.

It was Frisk all along!

ngl tho, Sans costume goes quit well on Frisk

D

Deleted member

Because....

Yeah that's great and I can understand that but other people have different opinions that's what makes us humans. Improving on the Ultimate crossover would be great and I'd be ecstatic but personally I'd rather see a blend of both cause my most wanted character is from Mario and that's of course, Geno. And my second most wanted is Isaac who's from a new franchise and if Assists can be upgraded I would love to see him get added to the Ultimate crossover.

I'm hoping for a blend of both and that's what makes us human we have different opinions and different stances on things if we only get new franchises then I'm happy for ya but if not? Then oh well no matter what Sakurai decides I'm sure it'll be the highest quality possible.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wish I could find the studies that confirmed this, but one of my professors told me that disagreeing with someone actually lights up the same parts of your brain as a physical attack. Obviously I need to control it better, but it’s human nature.
It was also human nature to **** on the floor whenever you felt like it.

Point is, we may not have control of our instincts, but we do have control over our actions.

Just, chill out bud.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I wonder what the trailers will be like for the characters that come after the Fighter Pass

Terry's trailer was great and a fun homage to the past, but it probably had the added benefit of being smaller budget than a full CGI fest

Will any of the fighters after #5 have a full on trailer or will it be back to how it was in Smash 4? Or will Nintendo pour more money into Sakurai's trailer allowance?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wonder what the trailers will be like for the characters that come after the Fighter Pass

Terry's trailer was great and a fun homage to the past, but it probably had the added benefit of being smaller budget than a full CGI fest

Will any of the fighters after #5 have a full on trailer or will it be back to how it was in Smash 4? Or will Nintendo pour more money into Sakurai's trailer allowance?
I don’t even know man.

Thinking of any fighters past number 5 makes my head spin. I still haven’t fully processed it lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom