• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's because SNK/Terry is more popular in Brasil, while Sans is more well-know in the west (and Japan apparantly) in general dues to all the memes and how big Undertale was for a time, so it was to be expected.

Still, I think Terry will get his time to shine once we see more of him, for now, he is still in early developpement and Banjo/Sans just released.

Also, I can't believe Sans killed Banjo- Noipoi Noipoi , I'm actually crying.:crying:
SNK as a whole is also popular in China, especially since they’re partnered with Tencent, a major publisher there. There have also been talks to release the Switch in China with Tencent’s help, and they’ll probably include all the Pass characters + PP on base as an incentive.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I wish I could find the studies that confirmed this, but one of my professors told me that disagreeing with someone actually lights up the same parts of your brain as a physical attack. Obviously I need to control it better, but it’s human nature.
Nice try, but you can't science your way out of being civil to people :p

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Lol Poor Terry man. A freaking skeleton overshadowed him.

But I don’t care. He’ll get his time to shine sooner or later.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Geese falling to his death trying to get the Smash letter is still a hilarious highlight for me due to how actually dark it is when you think about it.

Then again, falling off building isn't anything new for Geese, so I'm sure he be fine....:lol:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
You know, a Three Houses character and Sword and Shield Pokémon’s chances just got a whole lot more likely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But for real, telling someone that their own wants for a character in an electronic children's toy is "ruining" things for you goes far beyond whack and lands firmly in thwack territory.

I get enough of that already for wanting Edelgard lol.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Geese falling to his death trying to get the Smash letter is still a hilarious highlight for me due to how actually dark it is when you think about it.

Then again, falling off building isn't anything new for Geese, so I'm sure he be fine....:lol:
Which reminds me, more slots means the Goose from Untitled Goose Game Is back in the running for Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, a Three Houses character and Sword and Shield Pokémon’s chances just got a whole lot more likely.
To be completely honest, before I felt like that would be an underwhelming end to the fighters pass.

Now it doesn’t even matter, bring em all on.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Geez, poor Terry got overshadowed quick...
I'm actually a bit surprised at how many people didn't know Terry. I never played a game he's in but I clearly remember seeing him all the time in Nintendo Power as a kid. Heck, one of the first cosplays I saw in my life was a guy dressed up as Terry in the magazine.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Sorry for interrupting any current talk, but I really care about this.

Please consider making at least one tweet with the hashtag, it would mean the world for me if anyone here could help the movement get strong.
I fully support this

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wonder if ATs can be upgraded through the extra DLC.

I know Sabi's Nintendo source a while back (Sabi showing us a screenshot in the Geno thread) said Nintendo was surprised by the backlash from Isaac's assist trophy; he also said there could be a chance for AT/costume upgrades if they do a second pass, but I think that may have been his speculation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But for real, telling someone that their own wants for a character in an electronic children's toy is "ruining" things for you goes far beyond whack and lands firmly in thwack territory.

mario but that's forbidden 2.gif

Man, I didn't know you were a Hero main, Opo.

I know I'm kinda of slow on those little details but geez, everyone is changing their main lately.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder what the trailers will be like for the characters that come after the Fighter Pass

Terry's trailer was great and a fun homage to the past, but it probably had the added benefit of being smaller budget than a full CGI fest

Will any of the fighters after #5 have a full on trailer or will it be back to how it was in Smash 4? Or will Nintendo pour more money into Sakurai's trailer allowance?
I thought of something while I was out walking. It starts with the end where Terry picks up the letter and his Splash screen happens before launching into gameplay. Then after a bit we get a small seen in the KoF arena (a scene they already have built) with Terry fighting Ken before Ryu joins in. As they are about to clash, the lights of the arena darken. The Mishima Zaibatsu logo appears on the jumbo-tron, and G-Corperation soldiers run out onto the field. Guarding a shadowy figure. Kazuya lands and gets his splash screen and brags about testing his strength. We see Kazuya gameplay and the good guy fighters are able to wear him down. It returns to CG and, right as he is about to be hit by a Shinku Hadooken/Power Geizer tag combo, he dodges and activates his devil form. We see some Devil gameplay before a final clash seen and then the smash logo.

I chose Kazuya because he has the devil form to give him a bit more interesting gameplay options. Plus, Heihachi’s vo died.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@admins when’s the Terry emote and Premium post bg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I know Sabi's Nintendo source a while back (Sabi showing us a screenshot in the Geno thread) said Nintendo was surprised by the backlash from Isaac's assist trophy; he also said there could be a chance for AT/costume upgrades if they do a second pass, but I think that may have been his speculation.
Given what we know about Sakurai and his moral compass, I feel like if he wanted to upgrade an assist trophy (ie remove base game content), he would want to do it for free. Now the question is if Nintendo would let him.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Don't worry, his fall will lead him into Tekken 7:

See, he's alright.​

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Funny enough, Hero doesn't click with me at all lmao. The Menu thing is too much for me. :V
I haven't played him much, but while I think there is fun to have with friends, against CPU, I don't feel like Hero is all that fun.

Banjo tho seem much more straightforward and easy to use overall, so while it's too early to tell, I think I use him more over Hero.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I'd love to see it, but the only character I think has a realistic chance is Waluigi because of the scale of the uproar - larger than Isaac's, whose was somewhat drowned out by general salt following the 1 November direct

Noipoi

Howdy!

You hear the sounds of distant WAs, slowly increasing in intensity and desperation.

D

Deleted member

Guys, the Megalovania remix doesn't belong to Namco or Nintendo like most Smash remixes do
It belongs to Toby
inb4 he puts it in Deltarune

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Given what we know about Sakurai and his moral compass, I feel like if he wanted to upgrade an assist trophy (ie remove base game content), he would want to do it for free. Now the question is if Nintendo would let him.
He could just keep the AT but have it be disabled when you use the fighter.

It already happens to the Moon on Great Bay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You wouldn't even need to remove base game content. Just make it so they can't appear from an Assist Trophy if they're currently being played. There are similar systems already in place (Dedede on Dreamland, Palkia on Spear Pillar, etc).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't worry folks, Sakurai is going to reveal Gender Bender Terry and everyone will start talking about Terry alot more.

The key detail is that it be this Bender.

Wearing Terry cap.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You wouldn't even need to remove base game content. Just make it so they can't appear from an Assist Trophy if they're currently being played. There are similar systems already in place (Dedede on Dreamland, Palkia on Spear Pillar, etc).
That feels.... wrong. Then again, we have Chrom and his... situation. I suppose if this means Shovel Knight is back on the table.

If he did this I wouldn’t want the characters to be part of a standard pass with original characters in it. I would want it to be it’s own thing. The “Upgrade Pass”. Use it to bring Waluigi, Krystal, Isaac, Spring Man, and Shovel Knight to the playable roster. Maybe even a Shadow Echo Fighter.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Give me Edelgard Or give me death!

And if she doesn't get in?
THE SLOTS ARE TO BLAME!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Who do you guys think will be the last character in the first fighter pass? I'm kinda hoping for doomguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom