• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
@Opossum

I finally managed to find a video of that one heart-breaking scene in Three Houses that you warned me about a few weeks back.

And I thought killing Alois was hard to go through...

Flayn dying and Seteth crying out for her just destroyed me.

Thankfully I was able to avoid this when I first played through it.
How the **** do you go through part 1 without recruiting Alois?!?!?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sounds like you need another character to main. If you can, try picking up a character that's rarely used. I've noticed that a lot of casuals and PR players don't know how to respond to the characters they rarely fight.
Picking an obscure or unusual match up isn't a sustainable solution since other players will learn the match up eventually. Going Mii Sword fighter and throwing out tornado -> hero spin is only going to work so many times before a smart player catches on .

If your main goal is to win, it's far more important that you pick the strongest character who suits your play style.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How the **** do you go through part 1 without recruiting Alois?!?!?
I assumed at the time that you needed good axe or brawling to get him (both of which I never used)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey back y'all from my double feature. What I been missing regarding Doomabusa. Any chance its been debunked, confirmed or still ongoing?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Picking an obscure or unusual match up isn't a sustainable solution since other players will learn the match up eventually. Going Mii Sword fighter and throwing out tornado -> hero spin is only going to work so many times before a smart player catches on .

If your main goal is to win, it's far more important that you pick the strongest character who suits your play style.
It's just a tip mainly for facing casuals. If you can find and main a character who's rarely used (and be somewhat good with said character), you have a huge advantage. Yes, your oppnent might be able to learn the matchup over time, but it's still better than starting the match with a popular character who that person has battled half a dozen times that day alone.

I can say from after two games of maining Rosalina that most people have no idea how to deal with her.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Use the Force...

Or take a little break from Smash to chill and rethink how you will play things out in the future.
Or I could just not run into f-smash or kamikaze as Fox when I'm trying to land the final blow.

Ugh

I'm embarrassed. I suck so many chunks. It's embarrassing how I just choke, and it's embarrassing how I'm this upset at myself over a couple matches, but I can't help it.

Which makes me hate myself all the more. Argh, I hate myself so much. I don't like myself in general, actually.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Or I could just not run into f-smash or kamikaze as Fox when I'm trying to land the final blow.

Ugh

I'm embarrassed. I suck so many chunks. It's embarrassing how I just choke, and it's embarrassing how I'm this upset at myself over a couple matches, but I can't help it.

Which makes me hate myself all the more. Argh, I hate myself so much. I don't like myself in general, actually.
You can find other thins to do other than F-Smash and kamikaze with Fox. There are more ways to deal damage and ultimately win.

And come on! There has to be something you like about yourself.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Might just play a few CPU matches tonight and then hop onto Fire Emblem, and then tomorrow hit you guys up for an arena.

I’ll post the arena info in here tomorrow.
I honestly get a thrill seeing the higher level CPUs dash dance at superhuman speeds for no reason. And the constant parries they somehow pull off consistently.

...I need an actual sparring partner soon.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You can find other thins to do other than F-Smash and kamikaze with Fox. There are more ways to deal damage and ultimately win.

And come on! There has to be something you like about yourself.
When I said "run into f-smash and kamikaze" I was referring to a Hero doing that to me, not the other way around. Fox doesn't have kamikaze as a move.

AND, I DID play more careful next match. Problem? I SDed last stock. Because of course. I always choke, it's what I do best.

Um, not really. Even my positive traits I'm like "yeah, that's nice" and nothing else. I don't believe in myself for anything, because I don't want to get let down by anything, anyone, or disappoint myself and get false hope about anything, whether my job, dating, or playing a game. Because sometimes it feels like I suck and I'm not anything special. And that "sometimes" frequency can sometimes become "a lot of the time", and it escalates from there and so on and so forth and whatever else.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
When I said "run into f-smash and kamikaze" I was referring to a Hero doing that to me, not the other way around. Fox doesn't have kamikaze as a move.

AND, I DID play more careful next match. Problem? I SDed last stock. Because of course. I always choke, it's what I do best.

Um, not really. Even my positive traits I'm like "yeah, that's nice" and nothing else. I don't believe in myself for anything, because I don't want to get let down by anything, anyone, or disappoint myself and get false hope about anything, whether my job, dating, or playing a game. Because sometimes it feels like I suck and I'm not anything special. And that "sometimes" frequency can sometimes become "a lot of the time", and it escalates from there and so on and so forth and whatever else.
Oh, silly me. You should be more careful and not be rash about running into them.

Sorry that you feel that way. Really. Everyone should have something they like about themselves. I am surprised that you don't. Maybe there is, but you just haven't found it yet.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh, silly me. You should be more careful and not be rash about running into them.

Sorry that you feel that way. Really. Everyone should have something they like about themselves. I am surprised that you don't. Maybe there is, but you just haven't found it yet.
Well OBVIOUSLY. That's what I did the next time! I played patient, and I NORMALLY play patient anyway but whatever. But I lost anyway because I SDed and sucked anyway. I already addressed that problem and I said so earlier as well.

And where has getting magna/great GPA in college gotten me? Unless I land this next job and it's stable as well, then NOWHERE. LITERALLY NOWHERE.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well OBVIOUSLY. That's what I did the next time! I played patient, and I NORMALLY play patient anyway but whatever. But I lost anyway because I SDed and sucked anyway. I already addressed that problem and I said so earlier as well.

And where has getting magna/great GPA in college gotten me? Unless I land this next job and it's stable as well, then NOWHERE. LITERALLY NOWHERE.
Well, hopefully, you will get somewhere soon.

And it is more than just patience you need. Skill, and good tactics, too. Knowing how and when to strike, that is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
THe biggest missing person from the olympics game crossover roster is sonic’s best friend Danica Patrick.

How the hell did they forget her?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, hopefully, you will get somewhere soon.

And it is more than just patience you need. Skill, and good tactics, too. Knowing how and when to strike, that is.
And I tried doing that.

But I SDed anyway.

Even when I had good technique (and at best, I WAS using good technique a lot of the time) I SD. So, even with setting up combos well (and again, I normally DO set them up well, thank you very much), I lose anyway.

Nothing I do matters. Literally nothing I do in that game matters. I'm always doomed to fail. And heck, it could be the same with this job search too. Been searching for nearly 4 months, and if this one shadowing opportunity fails then I might as well give up all hope.

What other WONDERFUL advice do you have? Because I already know most of it and have figured it out on my own.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
BTW y'all. One year since I've joined this site meeting all the wonderful people I've met on here.

Zinith, Noipoi, SnakeFighter64, CutieGwen, etc.

Couldn't ask for better friends. :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m playing a hack n slash where I can stop to buy a kid new ice cream that she dropped, retreive another child’s lost balloon, and help another child find her lost mother.

That’s how you get me to like non-action elements in these games. Appeal to my inner mom.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And I tried doing that.

But I SDed anyway.

Even when I had good technique (and at best, I WAS using good technique a lot of the time) I SD. So, even with setting up combos well (and again, I normally DO set them up well, thank you very much), I lose anyway.

Nothing I do matters. Literally nothing I do in that game matters. I'm always doomed to fail. And heck, it could be the same with this job search too. Been searching for nearly 4 months, and if this one shadowing opportunity fails then I might as well give up all hope.

What other WONDERFUL advice do you have? Because I already know most of it and have figured it out on my own.
May try another character, or jump over those attacks when you can. Man, Hero is overpowered. Or wait until he gets nerfed in the next update.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
CannonStreak CannonStreak I need to clarify. I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. I know it may seem that way.

It's just that I've heard said advice before and it doesn't seem to matter. I know you're trying and I appreciate it. But nothing matters. Because I'm cursed.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CannonStreak CannonStreak I need to clarify. I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. I know it may seem that way.

It's just that I've heard said advice before and it doesn't seem to matter. I know you're trying and I appreciate it. But nothing matters.
Oh, don't worry. I never did tell you were mad. You didn't bother me there.

But man, Hero is tough. If nothing is helping, I don't know what to say, except don't give up.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh, don't worry. I never did tell you were mad. You didn't bother me there.

But man, Hero is tough. If nothing is helping, I don't know what to say, except don't give up.
How so? I've been stubborn and I've typed in all caps throughout.

Either way, I don't know anymore. I've quit Smash before and I felt better about myself. Might do it again, but permanently. IDK

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also want to say I'm thankful for becoming the better person I had become from the noob I once was and all sticking by me regardless. Granted I still have lots to improve on but I've came a long way never the less.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How so? I've been stubborn and I've typed in all caps throughout.

Either way, I don't know anymore. I've quit Smash before and I felt better about myself. Might do it again, but permanently. IDK
Believe me, I am not easy to upset online.

Well, whatever goes on in Smash or in real life, here is something for you. Thought you might want to replace the word love with positivity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom