• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Even though I agree with the repetitive themes and overly-familiar plots, there's not much we can do. Disney worked hard to get its spot as top dog, and even though the quality and diversity is suffering as a result, we can't just dethrone them because we're unhappy with their power and influence.

The best we can do is support the films being made by other companies and stop paying to go see every single Disney movie being released in a calendar year.
While that type of boycott may work with companies with many competitors, Disney is now, I believe, safe from that type of mass backlash, because they're one of only 5 major movie studios now. And it's a backlash I don't see coming, because they've cultivated a large, strong fan base. So long as Disney keeps on factory producing their market-tested films to be as inoffensive as possible, people will continue to watch, unless they reach a critical mass and people get bored--which, if they haven't by now, I can't see what that critical mass would have to be. For me, though, it's troubling to have a mentality where it's all about what films to avoid, rather than what films I'm excited for. Which is why I try to avoid that mentality. Nonetheless, I rarely watch Marvel films (I stick to, at most, 1 or 2 a year), I'm done with Star Wars, and after Shrek, I haven't been able to get into many family-friendly animated films (though, that could just be a symptom of growing older). And I've avoided watching any of their rehashing of their animated classics. That's pretty much all Disney does now. So, unlike most people, I have been able to remain critical while putting my money where my mouth is (helps that I'm poor :chuckle:).

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So now that mario sunshine is very likely to make a return, how hyped are you?
When was Super Mario Sunshine likely to make a return? What'd I miss?

Edit: Just checked it out. Could mean nothing, but we can hope.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I’ve never been interested in Indie games in my life, but Blasphemous looks really good.

D

Deleted member

I can 100% Guarantee that when we get a WarioWare game on Switch, it's going to be called "WarioWare: Switched!"

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I wonder if Nintendo is still working on Mario Kart Tour or did they secretly ditch it (which I highly doubt.) I mean we got that beta back in May and nothing has been said since, and even Dr. Mario World released and had updates since then

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
HOLY ****, YOU'RE A GENIUS
THAT IS ACTUALLY AN AMAZING IDEA
How about me next idea I came up with just this morning?

The Paper Mario Collection!
Finally play all your favorite Paper Mario’s in HD on Switch!

Sticker Star and Color Splash!

But seriously. Imagine if they did something like the Mega Man Legacy Collection. The original two (plus Super) on one and Sticker Star and Color Splash on the other. And then they finally get definitive monetary proof that people like the old formula better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or better yet they don't put on sticker star and color splash at all and have them be forgotten as the disgraces they are to the Paper Mario name.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My dad is working as an exhibitor at a con, so I’m helping him prepare for when the con opens. Moving boxes, pricing things, etc. Lemme just say, a con before it opens is super weird. There’s barely anyone there, and lots of things are still being brought in and/or are covered in tarps.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One week of August left and soon we'll be entering September. Jesus only quarter of the year left and it still feels like it just started...Probably the only thing I hate about growing up...

But on the one hand. September this year is two movies I look forward too. It: Chapter Two and Ad Astra (Along with Abominable though not excited for it like the other two but it could surprise me depending how its executed) and the possibility of the reveal or at least tease of the 4th DLC fight and maybe even Banjo releasing late I the month.

Also next week is when I get my pre-ordered Blu-ray copy of Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I much look forward to that especially so I can have a marathon next year of that, Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla (2014) to get ready for Godzilla vs. Kong in March! :grin:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I want to see Nintendo do? I want to see them create a western M game. Not like m games from Japan with tasteful swearing and buckets of blood. I mean like, Doom. Or Mortal Kombat. Just, take off the family friendly inhibitors and see what they cook up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember before E3 2014, everyone on Miiverse wanted Nintendo to make a shooter game. The common idea? Make a game called Mario Paintball, and the game is about shooting as many globs of paint to cover the land, kinda like that one Mario Party 9 minigame.

Yeah...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what I want to see Nintendo do? I want to see them create a western M game. Not like m games from Japan with tasteful swearing and buckets of blood. I mean like, Doom. Or Mortal Kombat. Just, take off the family friendly inhibitors and see what they cook up.
Nintendo themselves are never going to make an M game

Noipoi

Howdy!
When I was a kid I thought teenagers were different than they actually are, but that’s just because teenagers in movies are played by 29 year olds.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When I was a kid I thought teenagers were different than they actually are, but that’s just because teenagers in movies are played by 29 year olds.
I thought that teenage life was a life of partying, sticking it to your parents, doing a bunch of crazy stuff, romance, all that, and most importantly, total freedom with nobody telling you what to do, and here I am, goung to college in 5 days, and all of that never happened, and I'm ok with that because a lot of that sounds lame in hindsight.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The Walt Disney Studios panel at D23 is happening in about two hours

Very much excited to see what they're cooking up in terms of Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and especially Disney Animation

Don't let me down, Mouse House!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I thought that teenage life was a life of partying, sticking it to your parents, doing a bunch of crazy stuff, romance, all that, and most importantly, total freedom with nobody telling you what to do, and here I am, goung to college in 5 days, and all of that never happened, and I'm ok with that because a lot of that sounds lame in hindsight.
Going to college in 5 days

Wtf I thought you were like 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom