• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
but yeah the gist of jane as per vaanrose's posts back in april is that:
  • it's 100% related to joker as it was directly referenced as a costume file connected to joker, not just dummy data only tangentially related like the bowser jr/swordfighter stuff
  • it's not related to any existing persona character (ann, morgana, etc)
  • it was fully rigged and animated (smash physics for stuff like ponytails don't actually exist, they're physics rendered in a different engine which are then transferred to fixed animations), which means if scrapped it was very far along if not finished
  • it would be odd for a near-finished model to have been scrapped in its entirety, especially when part of a third party deal likely signed in the middle of 2018
of course it remains to be seen if anything comes of it, though given that kasumi releasing in the middle of april--when royal had only just been shown off for the very first time--makes no sense, my own speculation is that the model was being worked on using joker as a base during his development, then split off (think the clone trio in smash 4's development) to be released in some fashion closer to royal's release, either japanese or western

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fine if you want me to expect the ninja over Kasumi then I’ll expect him then. Happy?:glare:

StormC

Smash Hero
In an interview team ninja said if there were a tecmo character in smash it would be Kasumi so if a techno rep were to happen I believe it would be her. Besides we could use more female reps
https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/
Don’t let the date fool you this was during gamescon 2018 and besides he could have asked them for her later before they finalized dlc in November)
In addition to the fact that this article is only talking about DOA characters... if Sakurai comes to you for a character, it's because he has someone in mind. He isn't going to ask them for who they want. Ryu Hayabusa is the one that shows up in basically all the Koei-Tecmo crossovers, so I'm 100% sure if there's a Tecmo character, it's him.

R O F L

Smash Ace
What the heck did they do to Olimar, this is my first time playing him since he got nerfed and damn. U-Smash doesn't kill, Shield legit doesn't work, and F-smash is a crap ton weaker. I get that he was real good, but playing him now feels miserable.

I also tried Pit again today, he actually feels really good to play. I'm probably going to start using him more.

Is there, like, a site that can tell you what your collection is worth?
Not that I know of. I just spent a while looking at the average OOB prices on ebay.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Okay...not gonna lie, but I was cringing pretty hard during a few parts of the Know Your Moves for Joker. Still a decent enough analysis of the character, though.

D

Deleted member

I’m not trying to force you to expect him, I’m just arguing your points of the datamine being DOA Kasumi.
I’m sorry it’s just that opinions against what I have to say really trigger me and I have to follow the logic

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I personally don’t expect a Koei Tecmo pick in the first place, but that’s just me.

We all know what I expect though.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
cendrillon, aka cinderella

as a general point of interest, it shares the exact same leg design and proportions with arsene from top to bottom, though it's a bit difficult to see with the hip thing getting in the way
Yeah, that definitely looks like it can do the same things Arsene does. I hope Kasumi can escape limbo and enter smash soon

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
cendrillon, aka cinderella

as a general point of interest, it shares the exact same leg design and proportions with arsene from top to bottom, though it's a bit difficult to see with the hip thing getting in the way
Either way, I don't think Kasumi would've worked well as an Echo or an alt. Getting the proportions of her sword to match Joker's knife would look even more awkward than Lucina and Chrom's magical shrinking Falcion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking up Pokémon Sword & Shield on YouTube and they're posting eBay ads for a fake Scorbunny evolution plush.

I doubt anyone would want a plush for a Fakémon (and not a well designed one either)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, that definitely looks like it can do the same things Arsene does. I hope Kasumi can escape limbo and enter smash soon
i think the connection between the two is best illustrated just looking at their artwork side by side

cendrillon
arsene

everything from the limb length and design to the torso shape to even the general pose (albeit mirrored) shares more than a passing resemblance

the only question it raises is how arsene's wings for wings of rebellion would be handled, though cendrillon's cape does look quite a lot like swan/angel wings

Either way, I don't think Kasumi would've worked well as an Echo or an alt. Getting the proportions of her sword to match Joker's knife would look even more awkward than Lucina and Chrom's magical shrinking Falcion.
if nothing else, i'd hope that a DLC echo (presumably paid) would be more of a ken than a richter/dark samus - for example, i think it'd be interesting to see a different take on joker where the thief form is slightly stronger with more attack power and greater range, while the persona is less of a power boost to meet somewhere in the middle in terms of power, sort of like the differentiation between marth and lucina

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
i think the connection between the two is best illustrated just looking at their artwork side by side

cendrillon
arsene

everything from the limb length and design to the torso shape to even the general pose (albeit mirrored) shares more than a passing resemblance

the only question it raises is how arsene's wings for wings of rebellion would be handled, though cendrillon's cape does look quite a lot like swan/angel wings
Arsene doesn't really use his wings that much for up b, I don't think it would be a problem

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Arsene doesn't really use his wings that much for up b, I don't think it would be a problem
realistically, i'd say it's pretty easy to just slap the cape over her back instead of the wings and fly up superman-style

1566518496060.png

then again, could be a brand new recovery entirely just like chrom--that's the difficulty of predicting echoes, because none of their movesets have any consistent pattern in relation to the base fighter

Iridium

Smash Hero
I guess I'm going on the Classic run. Unlocked Sonic first, might do everyone else the same. Need the other Links.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well joy just as I decide to suddenly take a break from the place DOES something suddenly come up? This whole Kasumi thing that is.

Coincidence perhaps or is life trying to get at me...:glare: That wasn't long of a break as I thought it would...

Anyways back y'all but not for long as I'm going to see my mom in Niagara Falls for a few day until Sunday.

Last edited:

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Hey guys.
I don’t know why
But I CAN’T STAND Dr. Mario. I have such a hard time fighting him and playing as him. I can play pretty much anyone else except Bayonase, Poker, Beach (and Lazy). Could someone please help me? Another reason why I might hate him is those pills... I’m color blind. I just realized this. I can never track those pills.

Anyhoo,
How do I beat a Dr. Mario? That cheap rip off of Mario. Until I see his P.H.D. I’m not trusting him with anything.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey guys.
I don’t know why
But I CAN’T STAND Dr. Mario. I have such a hard time fighting him and playing as him. I can play pretty much anyone else except Bayonase, Poker, Beach (and Lazy). Could someone please help me? Another reason why I might hate him is those pills... I’m color blind. I just realized this. I can never track those pills.

Anyhoo,
How do I beat a Dr. Mario? That cheap rip off of Mario. Until I see his P.H.D. I’m not trusting him with anything.
He's got short, stubby limbs. And he's much slower than regular Mario. Camping him out will be a good first step. Spacing him out is also quite easy to do because of his short, small hitboxes. He DOES have strong KO power, so that needs to be a factor that you must be careful with, but if you are able to keep the stock lead you should be fine. And his combos are deceptively good. Don't let him get in, because once Doc gets in you'll be in for some pain.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
no. its so damn annoying, these memes. They stopped being "funny" very quick
I dunno. I guess I can see the appeal, but I might find the Kasumi memes a little funnier if I knew more about her. She likes dancing...she can eat a lot...she wants to be more independent...aaaand that's all I know from the top of my head. So whenever someone jokes about her being a deadly assassin or some hyperactive super girl, I feel more confused than anything, because I don't know where it's all coming from.

For now, she just comes across to me as a character everyone's excited for because they want new Persona 5 content.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways if the Kasumi and Doom Slayer leak is indeed true. I'm pretty satisfied. Doom Slayer is icing on cake and while I would had preferred Nakoruru I personally wouldn't mind Kasumi at all. Be curious how she plays actually tbh.

So if true thne

:ultjoker: - Role Playing
:ulthero: - JRPG
:ultbanjokazooie: - Platforming
Kasumi - Fighting
Doom Slayer - FPS

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
For now, she just comes across to me as a character everyone's excited for because they want new Persona 5 content.
broke: new persona character in smash
woke: new persona music in smash
bespoke: another chance at getting life will change in smash

Iridium

Smash Hero
Both should be in the same unlock tree as Link, though I think it’s random when TL will appear.
Yeah, I saved a chart from so long ago. It might be a specific order, but any character I unlock in Link's tree before them can do it.

---

Finished Yoshi's Classic after Mario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways if the Kasumi and Doom Slayer leak is indeed true. I'm pretty satisfied. Doom Slayer is icing on cake and while I would had preferred Nakoruru I personally wouldn't mind Kasumi at all. Be curious how she plays actually tbh.

So if true thne

:ultjoker: - Role Playing
:ulthero: - JRPG
:ultbanjokazooie: - Platforming
Kasumi - Fighting
Doom Slayer - FPS
It wasn’t a leak it was just my predictions for who I believe is likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom