• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Then she must be borrowing assets from joker

And no I’m not referring to the persona 5 one
Unfortunately, that’s not quite how those files work.

While I myself am not versed in coding, friends of mine who are have explained to me that the way they’re connected to Joker means that they tied to the character. Its highly implied Kasumi (P5) is the one referenced.

Plus, if it were Kasumi from DOA, why tie files for her hair to Joker? There’s no reason to at that point considering Joker himself has no ponytail.

It only makes sense if it were meant for Kasumi from P5.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, that’s not quite how those files work.

While I myself am not versed in coding, friends of mine who are have explained to me that the way they’re connected to Joker means that they tied to the character. Its highly implied Kasumi (P5) is the one referenced.

Plus, if it were Kasumi from DOA, why tie files for her hair to Joker? There’s no reason to at that point considering Joker himself has no ponytail.

It only makes sense if it were meant for Kasumi from P5.
I mean...she could be quick like him plus she can use her doa6 uniform and besides joker and hero kinda did borrow some assets from other fighters I think

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean...she could be quick like him plus she can use her doa6 uniform and besides joker and hero kinda did borrow some assets from other fighters I think
The way Jane was tied to Joker seemed to be as an alt. costume, because it was specifically tied to "Joker 06" or something.

Piranha Plant also borrowed stuff, specifically from Bowser Jr., and it wasn't like this. I think it was actually some of Jr.'s stuff in Plant's folder.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If you're using the stuff in the code as evidence though, it doesn't make sense since nothing actually mentions the name Kasumi. The code would imply that whoever the character is, they have a ponytail and could work as a costume/echo of joker. The Kasumi from P5R fits the bill, Kasumi from DoA does not.

D

Deleted member

If you're using the stuff in the code as evidence though, it doesn't make sense since nothing actually mentions the name Kasumi. The code would imply that whoever the character is, they have a ponytail and could work as a costume/echo of joker. The Kasumi from P5R fits the bill, Kasumi from DoA does not.
If you want to doubt me that’s fine.
But she’s still likely for smash. Same with the slayer.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Echo Fighters must share the same rig. That is why Joker has a ponytail, hinting towards Kasumi. This isn't a matter of sharing assets or moves.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't mean to really get on your case here, but Dead or Alive is one of the more controversial fighting games and often isn't given much attention by the FGC. I doubt it's on Sakurai's radar. Not to mention it's known almost solely for its sexual content. Like, the game's whole public image is based around fanservice. Nintendo's not putting that in smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But the entire reason you see her as likely is due to a misunderstanding of what was found in the code. What actually makes DOA Kasumi likely?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Training Mode is pretty neat. And the first spirit I get is Deku LInk.

Probably just going have the next 100 posts be just observations.

D

Deleted member

But the entire reason you see her as likely is due to a misunderstanding of what was found in the code. What actually makes DOA Kasumi likely?
It’s not just the data mine.

In an interview team ninja said if there were a tecmo character in smash it would be Kasumi so if a techno rep were to happen I believe it would be her. Besides we could use more female reps
https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/
Don’t let the date fool you this was during gamescon 2018 and besides he could have asked them for her later before they finalized dlc in November

@Connorb0t2 if we’re using that data mine as evidence, what would make DOA Kasumi be associated with the name “Jane”?
She has a ponytail and she and joker have a little blade (her doa6 aperance dose which they’ll likely use to keep the game rating the same)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Whether or not Edelgarde is a anti hero or a sympathetic villain is an argument that will probably be fought within the FE fanbase until the end of time.

...Which I think the writers were kind of going for. There's actually a strong case that can be made for her, unlike Fates where Nohr were clearly the bad guys and Radiant Dawn where they had to pull that "blood contract" nonsense to force in their moral ambiguity.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

In an interview team ninja said if there were a tecmo character in smash it would be Kasumi so if a techno rep were to happen I believe it would be her. Besides we could use more female reps
https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/
Don’t let the date fool you this was during gamescon 2018 and besides he could have asked them for her later before they finalized dlc in November
The article only talks about DOA characters. Not Tecmo Koei characters as a whole.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can't really see Jane being anyone other than Persona's Kasumi tbh if it doesn't turn out to be just a scrapped alt. costume as the code/file location stuffs implied. Other characters have ponytails too, including I think Jill Valentine(?) in some appearances (I haven't played RE but I remember staindgrey saying something about this, I think), so there's that.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just got my first parry during training. Feels good, but I need to get used to controls.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

She has a ponytail and she and joker have a little blade (her doa6 aperance dose which they’ll likely use to keep the game rating the same)
If they wanted a female character in the pass there's a lot of choices that are better than DoA Kasumi

Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Byleth, the list goes on

There's a lot of options, they don't need to settle for DoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom