• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I haven't transferred a pokemon since XY cause that five dollars a year for pokemon bank was five dollars too much lol
That part I've always been fine with, 5 dollars per year to transfer between different games never seemed all that scummy to me.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
That part I've always been fine with, 5 dollars per year to transfer between different games never seemed all that scummy to me.
I mean, it was a previously free feature so I certainly didn't like it, but it also wasn't that important to me cause I'm not making a living dex or anything

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Avoiding a possible debate, it is true that people don't seem to care as much about the Dex as they did before. Many have either moved on or make light of the situation.
Or have just accepted that Gamefreak is never gonna get any better so there's no point in trying to convince anyone of this.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Avoiding a possible debate, it is true that people don't seem to care as much about the Dex as they did before. Many have either moved on or make light of the situation.
Considering I've dealt with an incredibly asshole-ish person making fun of people who are unsatisfied already today, I'll not add anything else.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Who or what is Twip
All you need to know is that he made over 110 videos on Sonic Forces ever since it was revealed on 2017.

He likes to milk his content.

He's also notorious for saying that Hop and Hau are the same because, and I'm quoting him, they are "Colored People".

Yeah, no one likes his content. Not even nat dexxers.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Or have just accepted that Gamefreak is never gonna get any better.
I feel like a lot of the people who were complaining two months ago were just following the crowd. The feeling has settled in and the people who never really cared that much to begin with are starting to show themselves.

Regardless, I think things will only get better from here on out. Seems like with each batch of new information, the atmosphere around SwSh softens a bit more.

Considering I've dealt with an incredibly *******-ish person making fun of people who are unsatisfied already today, I'll not add anything else.
Well, sorry to hear that, but try to remember that it goes both ways. I've lost count of how many times I've seen someone write another person off as a Game Freak fanboy just because they didn't think the Dex issue was that big of a deal.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I wish we would just get some leaks or rumors already or at least datamining of who the final three DLC fighters for Kombat Pack 2 is.

Its almost September but if only it came by faster...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like a lot of the people who were complaining two months ago were just following the crowd. The feeling has settled in and the people who never really cared that much to begin with are starting to show themselves.

Regardless, I think things will only get better from here on out. Seems like with each batch of new information, the atmosphere around SwSh softens a bit more.

Well, sorry to hear that, but try to remember that it goes both ways. I've lost count of how many times I've seen someone write another person off as a Game Freak fanboy just because they didn't think the Dex issue was that big of a deal.
Biggest question is, why would you think poking a sleeping bear with a stick is a good idea?

No one wants to argue about this anymore, but coming in and posting a "haha let's make fun of the unsatisfied people/complainers" image is..

Ya this really ain't it, chief.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Frankly without the full roster I can't really see the positive about Sword and shield, with the full pokedex the franchise felt like one interconnected world and I always felt like this was the intention.

Without it it just breaks the vibe this series always had.

Ignoring the dex is one thing but I've seen people write off a bunch of other issues with the game as "Well that's Pokemon all right!" It got on my nerves so much to see that nobody cares about the series dip in quality.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I've been hearing rumors of an undertale rep as dlc lately. I'm sure they're all fake but what are you guys' opinions on that? Personally, I think it would be pretty neat, plus with shovel knight (and shantae if there's any credit to "spirits deconfirm fighters") ruled out, I think an Undertale rep could be a great indie rep. Plus, having undertale music in smash would be great.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've been hearing rumors of an undertale rep as dlc lately. I'm sure they're all fake but what are you guys' opinions on that? Personally, I think it would be pretty neat, plus with shovel knight (and shantae if there's any credit to "spirits deconfirm fighters") ruled out, I think an Undertale rep could be a great indie rep. Plus, having undertale music in smash would be great.
I'm not betting on it, but I think it would be great.
Also, I honestly think Frisk would be a better Undertale rep than Sans.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like the whole SwSh thing will come down to the nat dex. If you don't really care, you'pl enjoy yourself. If you can't get past it's removal, you're gonna have a hard time. And that's all there is to it. I myself am neutral, I don't care, but it would still be nice to have it. I still think I'm gonna enjoy it, as I never really got attached to mons.

I don't think a protest of any kind will work, it's Pokemon, I mean people try to boycott modern Star Wars and that still sells like hotcakes, but GF has made it clear that they heard the concerned, which is a good thing. Perhaps after SwSh, they'll spend more time on Pokemon? Patch some of them in? Who knows, but acknowledgement is good.

I don't blame anyone for buying or skipping out, I mean, I wasn't happy with what they showed off at E3, but overtime, I grew to enjoy what seemed to be a fun game.

Now, as for why the controversy is still roaring is beyond me, but someday the fanbase will call it quits and stop hurling crap at each other.

Until the next Pokemon game and back to square one.

Btw, Z-Moves sucked. It was just an Instakill button with no drawbacks. They can stay gone lol.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like the whole SwSh thing will come down to the nat dex. If you don't really care, you'pl enjoy yourself. If you can't get past it's removal, you're gonna have a hard time. And that's all there is to it. I myself am neutral, I don't care, but it would still be nice to have it. I still think I'm gonna enjoy it, as I never really got attached to mons.

I don't think a protest of any kind will work, it's Pokemon, I mean people try to boycott modern Star Wars and that still sells like hotcakes, but GF has made it clear that they heard the concerned, which is a good thing. Perhaps after SwSh, they'll spend more time on Pokemon? Patch some of them in? Who knows, but acknowledgement is good.

I don't blame anyone for buying or skipping out, I mean, I wasn't happy with what they showed off at E3, but overtime, I grew to enjoy what seemed to be a fun game.

Now, as fornwhy the controversy is still roaring is beyond me, but someday the fanbase will call it quits and stop hurling crap at each other.

Until the next Pokemon game and back to square one.

Btw, Z-Moves sucked. It was just an Instakill button with no drawbacks. They can stay gone lol.
No one likes z-moves.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Biggest question is, why would you think poking a sleeping bear with a stick is a good idea?

No one wants to argue about this anymore, but coming in and posting a "haha let's make fun of the unsatisfied people/complainers" image is..

Ya this really ain't it, chief.
Wasn't trying to instigate anything as much as I was trying to show how insincere people have become with SwSh.

But you and the rest of the thread really shouldn't take this Dex topic seriously anymore. I could've posted an image that seemingly made fun of people defending the Dex and I probably would've gotten your response from someone else.

We shouldn't constantly feeling like we're walking on eggshells every time someone brings up a game they're excited for just because someone's more than likely gonna get their feelings hurt.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just hate the excuses Gamefreak gave for this, "High quality graphics" and "Balance" when from what I've seen neither of these are actually true.

Dynamax and Wheezing are too broken and the graphics don't look that good, the game just looks like a Sun and Moon rom hack to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Wasn't trying to instigate anything as much as I was trying to show how insincere people have become with SwSh.

But you and the rest of the thread really shouldn't take this Dex topic seriously anymore. I could've posted an image that seemingly made fun of people defending the Dex and I probably would've gotten your response from someone else.

We shouldn't constantly feeling like we're walking on eggshells every time someone brings up a game they're excited for just because someone's more than likely gonna get their feelings hurt.
So, now you're telling me how I should feel about topics?

Oi vey

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So which of these guest fighters would you like to see most as among the final DLC unannounced fighters for Kombat Pack 2 alongside Fujin, Sheeva and Ash?

Candyman
Doom Slayer
Grudge
Michael Myers
Rambo
Pennywise

Me I'd love for Doom Slayer and Pennywise the most though Candyman would be intriguing...Rambo would be interesting though on the other hand.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
an Undertale rep is the only character I want that has any chance, so I hope those rumors are true.

probably wont be, but whatever.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So which of these guest fighters would you like to see most as among the final DLC unannounced fighters for Kombat Pack 2 alongside Fujin, Sheeva and Ash?

Candyman
Doom Slayer
Grudge
Michael Myers
Rambo
Pennywise

Me I'd love for Doom Slayer and Pennywise the most though Candyman would be intriguing...Rambo would be interesting though on the other hand.
I ironically like the idea of Doom Slayer in Mortal Kombat more than the idea of him being in Smash, so yeah put him there

For the other one... I guess either Michael Myers or Pennywise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom