• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

oh ok, makes sense from what we've seen.
I kind of get the feeling that at least one will be from nintendo, maybe the first 3 being 3rd party for a different kind of hype. Definitely curious, tho not as much invested as i was before.

nice hey good to hear.

I think Hero is a very fun character for sure. So many spells and in a way it's still balanced because they come up randomly. Obviously critical hits and the instant death spells are maybe a bit too random and powerful.

I think anyone who knows a little from me know i'm disappointed that they didn't put anything from the female versions (of 3 & 4).. and personally I like faster characters with good out of shield options, and I don't feel like Hero really fits that bill, so all of that combined makes it that I'm not maining or even secondarying them, but there's still a lot about the character that's amazing, and I'm definitely going to use them casually.

what about what you thought of them?
I think they're very fun and the mechanic they bring with them is very unique and makes for a good ditto character. Doing dittos with Hero is so much fun. There's apparently a lot of spells and stronger variations of said spells that they could've pulled from so I think doing RNG makes a lot of sense with how much variety the character could and did bring.

There's a lot of strong moves layered inside of said RNG which could make people call him broken or overpowered but most of his neutral moves are slow and very poor compared to the rest of the cast to make up for said strengths and potential overpoweredness. Hero has his strengths and weaknesses like a lot of characters so he's a lot of fun.

I actually quite enjoy the character for what he brings and I find the multiple alts to be really cool and that's coming from the person who had the stupid belief that "Erdrick was Leakbait" for a moment cause I wanted Geno.

Speaking of that the Mii Costumes he brings with him are really cool but I'm surprised Geno isn't one of them.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Inkling has PoC alts

That said Smash's lacking representation in terms of race is more a reflection of the videogames it pulls from than anything else.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think they're very fun and the mechanic they bring with them is very unique and makes for a good ditto character. Doing dittos with Hero is so much fun. There's apparently a lot of spells and stronger variations of said spells that they could've pulled from so I think doing RNG makes a lot of sense with how much variety the character could and did bring.

There's a lot of strong moves layered inside of said RNG which could make people call him broken or overpowered but most of his neutral moves are slow and very poor compared to the rest of the cast to make up for said strengths and potential overpoweredness. Hero has his strengths and weaknesses like a lot of characters so he's a lot of fun.

I actually quite enjoy the character for what he brings and I find the multiple alts to be really cool and that's coming from the person who had the stupid belief that "Erdrick was Leakbait" for a moment cause I wanted Geno.

Speaking of that the Mii Costumes he brings with him are really cool but I'm surprised Geno isn't one of them.
Cool. Well, so long as people enjoy them.

There weren't any final fantasy mii costumes either, and that boggles me a little bit. Maybe there's another SE character coming in the future? :p

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
On my GD playthrough currently in Chapter 4 on Mission Day.

I’m getting garbage growths for my units (weird), but I do like Claude and Hilda. Excited for the 2nd half because it’s pretty much the same stuff as other routes at this point.

I am still convinced that nothing is going to make me see Rhea’s point of view. With added context or already playing BE, she seems even more passively aggressive. This play through is also making me realize that actually recruiting every student (except Hilda, which I think is actually nearly impossible on first play through of BE) on a first play through of this game is a feat and a half. I got everybody on my BE run, and they all got amazing growths. It was like the most epic run you could imagine.

It’s unfair, but I don’t think other routes will compare to it. Still looking forward to the rest of this though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Trainer, Villy, and Inkling have PoC alts, with the former two having some added or changed for darker skin tones. Remember, at E3, Villy and Trainer didn't have PoC alts at all.

I always saw Ganondorf as a PoC, and Mac in Punch Out Wii is more hispanic than anything (though he was pretty white in Punch Out NES), so there's that too.

Again, considering that Smash is a Video Game Crossover, this is more of an issue of Video Games themselves, not Smash.

D

Deleted member

Cool. Well, so long as people enjoy them.

There weren't any final fantasy mii costumes either, and that boggles me a little bit. Maybe there's another SE character coming in the future? :p
Bonus Geno DLC Character? Probably not but hey a guy can dream.

But yeah from what I can tell a lot of people enjoy him though the competitive scene wants to ban him for whatever reason but that's besides the point. I enjoy the character a lot and a lot of other people do too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of the biggest jokes in the Smash 4 Miiverse days was Adam joining the battle.

He would have a 100-0 matchup against Samus as he would unauthorize her usage of anything, and for other characters, he would disable their attacks for his specials.

Yes, we were still very salty on how Other M did Samus dirty.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don’t know. I never got the impression that google wanted to control the information you see (Unless it’s about them, which is every company), they just want to put ads alongside it.
Social media giants are far worse than anything Disney does as far as control.

Like yeah, Disney messes with copyright law and molds it into their favor. But just today Twitter got busted for taking money from China and putting up targeted ads meant to delegitimize the protests in Hong Kong. That kind of thing is far more dangerous on an individual scale.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bonus Geno DLC Character? Probably not but hey a guy can dream.

But yeah from what I can tell a lot of people enjoy him though the competitive scene wants to ban him for whatever reason but that's besides the point. I enjoy the character a lot and a lot of other people do too.
If nintendo nerfs the crits and stuff a little bit it could make people not want to ban them. We'll see where it goes.

And I do think geno or a final fantasy character could still have a chance for another slot, even if it that would be wild. (and clearly some favoritism :p)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I always thought it was weird Smash didn’t have any people of African decent. But I can’t really think of anyone to add that fits that bill. Maybe if Nintendo had bought Rare than we could go for less important KI characters like TJ Combo. But you’re kind of hard pressed to find any people of color in staring rolls in gaming.

Does Kratos count?
Game & Watch fans are smashing their keyboards rn

I never really thought it weird. 98.5% of Japan is Japanese people, and all but like 3 characters in Smash were made in Japan, where they don’t even barely even see actual black people in real life.

Likewise, almost every character in Smash is either an animal, fictional creature, or a non-specific maybe-white-maybe-Japanese fictional race anime/cartoony human.

That’s just how it is. It’s all about context and perspective.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Invader zim enter the florpus proves how zim is both incredibly stupid but really smart.

His plan was pretty smart but had some complexities in it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm curious, as a person of color, tell me why Smash needs characters just for that? Gamefaqs always goes for this topic and I don't get it.
I assume this is the tired "smash needs more people of color" argument and also as a blck chick, adding in characters. just because you wanna play as a black character is uh, not so good

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh yeah. He’s a loved character.

People just want Sylux and Rundus first
I mean I want Rundas first too honestly.

Oh, and when I get to Arkansas, I'm bringing Endgame with me. I haven't watched an MCU movie with any of my family since Civil War :yoshi:
May want to bring a few more films so they don’t get lost.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Found an image of Corrin wearing a Zero Suit.

I think it was kinda neat.

What next, an image of Samus wearing Corrin's outfit?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean I want Rundas first too honestly.

May want to bring a few more films so they don’t get lost.
They've seen Infinity War at least. I would suggest they watch Ant-Man & the Wasp as no other film sets up the Quantum Realm bull**** that makes up the entire second act, but I can't exactly put the onus on them if haven't seen it because.... um, well, who even remembers that movie? :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

If nintendo nerfs the crits and stuff a little bit it could make people not want to ban them. We'll see where it goes.

And I do think geno or a final fantasy character could still have a chance for another slot, even if it that would be wild. (and clearly some favoritism :p)
It would be absolutely crazy and amazing if Geno got in by some miracle. It's a win-win for everyone the fan favorite star boy Geno gets in and the huge iconic Dragon Quest franchise gets represented with Hero. I hope that's the case but we'll have to wait and see as it is interesting that Geno's Mii Costume is missing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thursday, September the 5th
3 PM PST / 6 PM EST
And what are you placing on the betting table?

They've seen Infinity War at least. I would suggest they watch Ant-Man & the Wasp as no other film sets up the Quantum Realm bull**** that makes up the entire second act, but I can't exactly put the onus on them if haven't seen it because.... um, well, who even remembers that movie? :yoshi:
I have. I love Ant-Man and The Wasp. Favorite MCU movie with the best villain in the whole franchise.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I dreamt the last two DLC characters were Doom Slayer and Clefairy who was a Jigglypuff clone.

After that I received a phone call, telling me I had to move to New Zealand.

I woke up before any more madness could occur.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay so here’s why Zim could defeat Thanos, if the conditions are right.

Invader Zim is a defect. His PAK (the backpack, which is actually a second Irken brain which is supposed to help him preform his primary function. Like invading, or food service.) is kinda busted. The Tallest, instead of deactivating him, sent him to a food court planet where they intended for him to spend the rest of his days handing out poorly made burgers in a cafeteria. Zim had no intention of doing this. Invading is in his blood, in his very being, and he couldn’t live with himself doing anything else. The Tallest, who really wanted this tiny screaming weirdo out of their lives, sent him to an unknown part of the universe with a fake mission. There wasn’t supposed to be any real planet there. There obviously was. Zim has spent the last years of his life on a fake mission to conquer the earth, and has failed. Many, many times.

You see that’s the thing with Zim. Completely by accident, he was designed to fail. Not just his own plots, but any plots he gets involved in. There have been times in the series where another group of aliens (like the Planet Jackers) went after the earth. Only for their plans to be ruined the moment Zim gets involved. He’s an accidental master saboteur, so good at ruining plans that when he doesn’t have anyone else’s plans to ruin he ends up ruining his own. He’s even wrecked the plans of the Irken empire, his own people. Zim is too determined to ever give up, whether faced with Dib, a new enemy or just his own incompetence. He will always fail, he will always ruin other plans, and he will always get back up and try again. He’s an idiot savant, and he has no idea of his greatest skill. He gets in, destroys everything in sight, and somehow gets out alright.

Using this logic, I believe if Zim got involved with Thanos (before he has all the stones, because at that point he’s basically God and he could just snap Zim away) he would somehow end up ruining all Thanos has worked for. Leaving the titan dumbfounded while Gir says something stupid in the background.

But that’s just a theory.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Okay so here’s why Zim could defeat Thanos, if the conditions are right.

Invader Zim is a defect. His PAK (the backpack, which is actually a second Irken brain which is supposed to help him preform his primary function. Like invading, or food service.) is kinda busted. The Tallest, instead of deactivating him, sent him to a food court planet where they intended for him to spend the rest of his days handing out poorly made burgers in a cafeteria. Zim had no intention of doing this. Invading is in his blood, in his very being, and he couldn’t live with himself doing anything else. The Tallest, who really wanted this tiny screaming weirdo out of their lives, sent him to an unknown part of the universe with a fake mission. There wasn’t supposed to be any real planet there. There obviously was. Zim has spent the last years of his life on a fake mission to conquer the earth, and has failed. Many, many times.

You see that’s the thing with Zim. Completely by accident, he was designed to fail. Not just his own plots, but any plots he gets involved in. There have been times in the series where another group of aliens (like the Planet Jackers) went after the earth. Only for their plans to be ruined the moment Zim gets involved. He’s an accidental master saboteur, so good at ruining plans that when he doesn’t have anyone else’s plans to ruin he ends up ruining his own. He’s even wrecked the plans of the Irken empire, his own people. Zim is too determined to ever give up, whether faced with Dib, a new enemy or just his own incompetence. He will always fail, he will always ruin other plans, and he will always get back up and try again. He’s an idiot savant, and he has no idea of his greatest skill. He gets in, destroys everything in sight, and somehow gets out alright.

Using this logic, I believe if Zim got involved with Thanos (before he has all the stones, because at that point he’s basically God and he could just snap Zim away) he would somehow end up ruining all Thanos has worked for. Leaving the titan dumbfounded while Gir says something stupid in the background.

But that’s just a theory.
You spent way too much time on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom