• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There were plenty of cool reveals at EVO, mostly reveals of DLC for the games that were there. It's a lot more niche than something like E3, and that's to be expected.
Plus a new Guilty Gear
That is probably the best reveal of this EVO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There were plenty of cool reveals at EVO, mostly reveals of DLC for the games that were there. It's a lot more niche than something like E3, and that's to be expected.
Like what? Cassandra and Haohmaru in SoulCalibur? Zafina and some new rando in Tekken? New fighters in a bunch of anime games? Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat going through the motions? Which come to think of it, perfectly explains what the other games are doing too. The only cool tease turning out to be the EVO staff ****ing around? Yeah. So much cool stuff.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Plus a new Guilty Gear
That is probably the best reveal of this EVO.
I've been vaguely interested in Guilty Gear since last EVO. I might get this new one, but I don't have a PS4 and that's where all the new fighting games are getting released...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Like what? Cassandra and Haohmaru in SoulCalibur? Zafina and some new rando in Tekken? New fighters in a bunch of anime games? Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat going through the motions? Which come to think of it, perfectly explains what the other games are doing too. The only cool tease turning out to be the EVO staff ****ing around? Yeah. So much cool stuff.
yeah... DLC for other games, which fans of those games are going to be excited for... not to mention two new games from very popular franchises. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean its bad. I'll admit the Snake fake out was pretty wack though

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The day after Detective Pikachu releases on DVD. Nice! >:]

Also, that date falls in line with a rumor from 4 days ago: Possible Spoiler Warning
Huh - will be interesting to see what the reaction to this one will be: the direct got a largely positive response, E3's was ... well you know what happened with that, so it'll be interesting to see what this one's like

That's pretty cool. Wish I could have a slice. :(

That being said, today's the day I turn 24. Here's celebrating 24 years of existence for me! :)
Happy birthday!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yeah... DLC for other games, which fans of those games are going to be excited for... not to mention two new games from very popular franchises. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean its bad. I'll admit the Snake fake out was pretty wack though
I’m a fan of Tekken and SoulCalibur. But these reveals actively depress me with how safe they are as picks.

King of Fighters? I guess that’s cool. But not really hype. Guilty Gear? I guess it’s just not for me. But I would have preferred a different new game get revealed in its place. It just all feels boring. And I blame it on the fact that we’re in the generation gap right when the previous one is basically over but the new one hasn’t come out yet. I just want to see a reason to be excited again.

Also. Bad it subjective. There is no such thing as objective good or bad. I still think E3 was horrible and now I think EVO was bad. You can think it was good. But I have the right to say how much I thought it sucked.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’d love to see what they could do with a different art style. They always look great. But... I don’t know. I kinda feel like the anime aesthetic is a little limiting
ASW is known for there anime style so thats mostly what they stick with and they do it hella well, Guilty Gear for example, its lioks so damn beautiful, that awesome 3D

D

Deleted member

Time to play Three Houses!

Jigglypuff was the closest thing I could think of to a Voice Actor, so that's why it's there.
If it isn’t to much to ask, can you make me a spirit battle? I’m pretty curious. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking, what could Nintendo have in their late fall/winter Line-up besides Banjo.

I'm thinking there may be a big update to Mario Maker 2 incoming. Just hope they add the option to shut Luigi up in single player.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ASW is known for there anime style so thats mostly what they stick with and they do it hella well, Guilty Gear for example, its lioks so damn beautiful, that awesome 3D
Sighs..... I guess. Whatever.

I guess I have to live with the fact that since everyone else likes it it’s going to replace what I like and what I like is just going to be gone.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If we get another Smash, Dragalia Lost is a shoo-in, just saying
IF we get another Smash?

Do people honestly believe Nintendo will let Smash go? Why is this a thing since Brawl, anyway? Due to the misinterpreted Sakurai interview about that game?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm thinking, what could Nintendo have in their late fall/winter Line-up besides Banjo.

I'm thinking there may be a big update to Mario Maker 2 incoming. Just hope they add the option to shut Luigi up in single player.
They have Mansion 3 and Pokemon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Three Houses gets DLC of some kind.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This new GG look beautiful, and Xrd already looked awesome, I can't wait to see more of it, especially the old & new character in this engine.

(Give me Bridget & Testament plz)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean as long as Mortal kombat and the like exsists, you will still get what you like
I like the guilty Gear thing in theory. I just wish it was done with a more western animation style. The example I use most often is a Nicktoons fighting game but imagine a Cuphead style fighting game done by arc system works.

The realistic thing is nice too though. And it works best for games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sighs..... I guess. Whatever.

I guess I have to live with the fact that since everyone else likes it it’s going to replace what I like and what I like is just going to be gone.
That's just a part of life, knowing that the world has moved on from how you preferred it. For me it was when Telltale went from making Episodic point and click adventures in game series I love to exclusively making Chose Your Own Adventures with false choices based on series I couldn't care less about.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's just a part of life, knowing that the world has moved on from how you preferred it. For me it was when Telltale went from making Episodic point and click adventures in game series I love to exclusively making Chose Your Own Adventures with false choices based on series I couldn't care less about.
How do you live after that? If what I like goes away I have nothing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, shouldn’t we have a new poll by now?

Also my Premium finna die in a few weeks and I probably won’t be able to renew it right away rip

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
And of course I missed it...

PeridotGX PeridotGX when you read this, can you make me one please? :yoshi:
(Smashboards/Gamefaqs Series)
Zinith (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
1565016035831.png

Grab, 11,000
VS:
Giant :yoshi:, with an endless supply of smaller :ultyoshi:s and the occasional :ultsquirtle: showing up to support.
Conditions: Defeat the main fighter to win
OOOOOOH this looks fun! Do me, do me!
(Smashboards Series)
Gloucestershire (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
1565016473679.png

Attack, 10,500
Vs. Isabelle
Condition: No rules, just a standard battle
If it isn’t to much to ask, can you make me a spirit battle? I’m pretty curious. lol
(Smashboards series)
Taylor. F (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
1565016425500.png

Neutral, 10,500
Vs. :ultmario:, :ultlittlemac:
(wireframe, x2)
Conditions: Mario likes to taunt

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like the guilty Gear thing in theory. I just wish it was done with a more western animation style. The example I use most often is a Nicktoons fighting game but imagine a Cuphead style fighting game done by arc system works.

The realistic thing is nice too though. And it works best for games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.
What you like to see sound more like something done by Skullgirl team, not Arc System Works.

Beside, they are a japanese company, I doubt they work on something that they don't much connection to, again tho, the Skullgirl team could work well with a cuphead style fighting game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What you like to see sound more like something done by Skullgirl team, not Arc System Works.

Beside, they are a japanese company, I doubt they work on something that they don't much connection to, again tho, the Skullgirl team could work well with a cuphead style fighting game.
I mean. Why not. Why not branch out for the sake of something different?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Grab, 11,000
VS:
Giant :yoshi:, with an endless supply of smaller :ultyoshi:s and the occasional :ultsquirtle: showing up to support.
I already did that one for you. ;)
You can blame me for this...

...But hey.
(Smashboards Series)

Zinith

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman:, Shield
Abilities: Speed Up

Opponent: Yoshi Team (x5) (Red alt.)

Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
- The enemy has increased attack power

Stage: Yoshi's Story
Music: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
0-2? Probably won't happen at all.
Don’t downplay yourself like that, as long as you practice and play with other players you will get used to the matchups. Don’t just show up to evo without any experience playing against a human because that would be dumb. Take it slow and focus on locals near your area, and slowly build your way up. Give yourself enough time and you’ll soon become a pro. Might have to start taking this advice too, well not certainly towards evo since Melee isn’t a part of it anymore.
Oh I’m definitely not going in blind. I’m not THAT crazy. All this year, I’m planning to compete in local tourneys and maybe even a few A/S Tier one’s as well. How far I go honestly depends on who I get matched up with. I probably won’t go 0-2, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility.

Plus Smash may or may not be the only game I enter in (we’ll see). And ultimately, I just wanna go to Vegas and experience EVO live.

Either way, it’s a win-win for me, so I’m good.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 233643
Grab, 11,000
VS:

(Smashboards Series)
View attachment 233646
Attack, 10,500
Vs. Isabelle

(Smashboards series)
View attachment 233645
Neutral, 10,500
(wireframe, x2)
aaaa i love this

Why the wireframe little macs? :o

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 233643
Grab, 11,000
VS:

(Smashboards Series)
View attachment 233646
Attack, 10,500
Vs. Isabelle

(Smashboards series)
View attachment 233645
Neutral, 10,500
(wireframe, x2)
I made a thread for these, if you want to post them there.
https://smashboards.com/threads/make-a-spirit-battle-for-a-smashboards-user.487385/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How do you live after that? If what I like goes away I have nothing.
There's three options: you enjoy what you have until what you like comes back, you find something new to like or you make your own version of it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Also damn I wanted Janemba at release, but didn't think it would actually happen. Figured he would be beaten to the punch by a recent character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom