• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God damn taxes. Because of them I didn't have enough for the Ace Attorney trilogy. Figured I didn't want to waste that 20 dollars so decided to go by Okami instead.

Buy myself another 20 dollar eShop card this week. I'll definitely have enough for the trilogy then.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Send me the link. I wanna read this ASAP.
you know you cant just say "this one panal" and not give a link
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/death-note-special-one-shot-chapter-1/chapter/19985?action=read

I don't know if I can link specific pages, but the thing that I'm talking about is towards the end - odds are, you'll know it when you see it. (I don't want to spoil any details - I figure it's best to go in not knowing)

WARNING: this one-shot takes place years after the original series, and it WILL spoil some major details about Death Note if you haven't seen it.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/death-note-special-one-shot-chapter-1/chapter/19985?action=read

I don't know if I can link specific pages, but the thing that I'm talking about is towards the end - odds are, you'll know it when you see it. (I don't want to spoil any details - I figure it's best to go in not knowing)

WARNING: this one-shot takes place years after the original series, and it WILL spoil some major details about Death Note if you haven't seen it.
I've seen the show 6 times and read the manga twice.
I'll be fine.

Shroob

Sup?

I'm sorta laughing because I legit could see this

D

Deleted member

Been working on my art a bit, here's my progress so far:
Original unit:
Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 2.14.12 PM.png

My attempt #1 at it
New Piskel (1).png

Yeah, you can probably see why i'm having trouble. It's a start thou, no?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yeah, I think i lost intrest in the one shot

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

That was a fun read. It was entertaining even still. I quite enjoyed it.
I enjoyed the last few panels the most, especially. Thrilling stuff.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reading the FAQ on TW101 Kickstarter, I noticed something interesting:

Q: Why The Wonderful 101?

A: The Wonderful 101 is a game that represents our passion for making games and dedication to quality, and one that we want to reach as many people as possible. Now, with the support of Nintendo, we have been given the opportunity to bring this game to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well! This is an amazing opportunity, and an important step toward our goals.

So does that mean Nintendo is still the IP holder or what?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i think the best part of the Wonderful 101 kickstarter is that getting blocked by Kamiya is one of the rewards

lol you can just reply to him in English and it'll still do the trick

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thank you too dude! I’m really glad you like it! Actually my first time in a while I’ve worked with colored pencils, so I was a bit worried, but I really enjoyed drawing him, I can’t wait to see more stuff from you too dude.
The colored pencils definitely work wonders. It reminds me of the Mario and Luigi games, oddly enough. I’ve always wanted to try some different tools on my drawing program to spice up my art a bit, so I may experiment with that later. And I’m glad you’re excited to see some stuff with these characters! I plan on making some short comics with them, since I’ve been working on a story for the past few weeks. It’s not perfect, and it still needs polishing, but it’s a premise I’m hoping people will enjoy. Also I am totally setting that art as my profile picture, if you don’t mind.

D

Deleted member

I heard it's someone's birthday. So, Happy Birthday SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Watch Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 get re-made for modern consoles, and they retain the whole “send a Chao to the VMU” aspect, but it’s with an app for mobile phones that has microtransactions.
Please no, I don't even have a smartphone. That would be a massive disappointment.

Been working on my art a bit, here's my progress so far:
Original unit:
View attachment 260814
That's just a fancier looking Lagann and no one can convince me otherwise.

D

Deleted member

If you think you need help, look up some drawing guides, also try drawing some of your favorite characters and see how they work, I spent a lot of time drawing Spongebob over and over growing up.
Yeah, I getcha! Tried tutorials, but I couldn’t find any that weren’t by an angry artist with too much time on their hands who goes on and on about how everyone draws *****is incorrectly.

but I’ll def try this out. Thank you!

I guess my man issue is I’ve been doing it for so long without the results I’d hope for. I work a lot of games and animation, so I’m very critical of my workl

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reading the FAQ on TW101 Kickstarter, I noticed something interesting:

Q: Why The Wonderful 101?

A: The Wonderful 101 is a game that represents our passion for making games and dedication to quality, and one that we want to reach as many people as possible. Now, with the support of Nintendo, we have been given the opportunity to bring this game to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well! This is an amazing opportunity, and an important step toward our goals.

So does that mean Nintendo is still the IP holder or what?
Seems like a joint ownership

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The colored pencils definitely work wonders. It reminds me of the Mario and Luigi games, oddly enough. I’ve always wanted to try some different tools on my drawing program to spice up my art a bit, so I may experiment with that later. And I’m glad you’re excited to see some stuff with these characters! I plan on making some short comics with them, since I’ve been working on a story for the past few weeks. It’s not perfect, and it still needs polishing, but it’s a premise I’m hoping people will enjoy. Also I am totally setting that art as my profile picture, if you don’t mind.
Go right ahead! I should probably work on some short comics and stuff like that with my own characters, but yeah if you share anything like that here, feel free to tag me. I’d love to see what you’re working on.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Poor Xenoblade Chronicles X; it won't be long till it's the only game left on the Wii U

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There’s this game I’ve been interested in for a while called Havoc Fox.
DDD640D9-CBC2-4D8B-BBCE-F00C20825C17.png

The casting director and creator of the game just followed me on the website I use for voice over, so hey, I guess they like my stuff. Considering that people such as ****ing Elsie Lovelock voice in their game, I’m surprised that they consider my stuff good enough to follow. I talked with them and they said some characters are yet to be cast, so I’m gonna be keeping an eye out for voice listings. Should be interesting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@Taylor F & Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Since we talked about it before & you're both FNAF fan like I am, I figure I inform you that Squimpus, the one behind the FNAF VHS series, as decided to take a break due to lot of pressure on the fans.

We talked last time about how he might have should stopped the series earlier, but it's still quit sad a fan who make content this good about the franchise can't keep up with peoples expectation, and I hope this break will help him getting his passion back.

Click this link for information, if you're interested of course. (also, swears)

D

Deleted member

W101 Kickstarter said:
Not everyone has had the privilege of being blocked on Twitter by the illustrious Hideki Kamiya, but that’s all about to change. At a very special Kickstarter tier, Kamiya himself will tweet directed to you, and then will block you forever!
Gotta love how this is at least a ~$100 reward when you can get it easily for free just by sending him a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom