• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And let there be fixed..... This could get buried

View attachment 270598

OK so the images are fixed. Now I can go on this rant.

My God do I wish PlayStation Plus had more free games a month and more higher quality. Cause for the past number of months, it's been a game I own or one I'm not really into.
With this, I'm gonna cancel my PS Plus for a while. Again I was hoping more games and more variation. Miss the month were we got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank.

Like looking at under £16 or $20 sale and the other one going. If we got say three games from that, then it would be good quality.
For example, you have Hitman 2, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and Formula 1 2019. See a variation of genres and good quality, unlike the damn month where we had bloody Sonic Forces and something else.

Hopefully my fellow PlayStationers can understand on this.
Me thinking this would have actually started a discussion:

Eh. More time.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Me thinking this would have actually started a discussion:
**** one for me.
Bro, your post has only been up for like 45 Minutes. Not everyone who may be interested in that is all online at the same time. Have patience.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Bro, your post has only been up for like 45 Minutes. Not everyone who may be interested in that is all online at the same time. Have patience.
*Wait. Checks clock.*

Bloody hell, I thought it was longer. Napped for 30 minutes but felt far longer.

No worries.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it could possibly be a good business move for Nintendo to add a purchasable option in Animal Crossing: NH, which would allow players to increase the maximum number of villagers they can have on their island by 1 for 1 dollar (or an equivalent amount in other currencies). Of course this would definitely need to be limited, maybe at 15 or 20 or something, but I think it would be a good option to have for players who want to really fill their island up with villagers.

It would be a completely optional extra for those who feel like 10 is too limiting, and would appear to be a good way for Nintendo to earn extra revenue. I’d consider it a win-win for both parties involved, EVEN if there’s a cost on the players. However, the game is still playable with 10 villagers, so it’s not like crucial gameplay is being lost for those who decide to pass. And plus, you can pay for as many as you want. Only want 2 villagers? Pay 2 dollars. All 5 or all 10? It’ll just cost extra. I think there’s a lot of customization available in that regard, and it wouldn’t require too much work by Nintendo to implement, as the villagers are all there, but there’s just a self-imposed maximum present.

Thoughts? I’d probably pay 5 dollars for a maximum of 15 villagers, but maybe that’s not worth it?
im sorry but im not paying anything for extra villager slots. First they gotta make the island have space for more then 10 and also lower the price of moving a house by a good 30,000 bells

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished translating Sakurai’s Famitsu Column #603. His last line about being able to go outside and see the sun again hit me hard. Here’s the beginning of the thread on Twitter and the full translation as a spoiler.

Teleworking, in progress!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a highly confidential project and should be well protected. However, while that doesn’t worry me, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is imperitive to encourage less contact between people. We absolutely should cooperate and survive together.

So far, our telework has been quite successful. There are many staff members who should be commended for their work. Of course, there is no time needed for commuting. Some people were commuting two hours one-way! Isn’t this more effective?

So, what are my first impressions of telework? First, the air is much cleaner! Busy offices usually have dirty air. The heater always made me sweat every day too. But, in your own room, you can be as comfortable as possible! You can control both the temperature and humidity.

Furthermore, there’s an advantage to seeing natural light. The office had many windows, but we had to close them for secrecy. Being able to see the morning and evening light from the sun is very pleasing.

The temptation to play or sleep is common. However, it’s not a big deal. When you have a job in front of you, your hands tend to continue working. It’s bad to keep people waiting, so it’s similar to quickly replying to email you receive, even if you’re commuting to work. I continue to reply to such correspondence and work, even until midnight. However, my break for eating a more consistent now, and I have any even better sense of time.

It’s been a process of trial and error to improve the current working environment. I oversee almost everything the team does, so the work they do is always pouring in. There are various things that need to be corrected, tools and other elements needed to support developers, however, right now, it’s just not possible to gather everybody together and explain like I could before.

Of course, the basic response is to simply respond via email. Inevitably, due to the complexity and importance of the information, the amount of words and responses grow and grow. That’s unavoidable, though, and if that’s all it takes, it’s really not an issue.

In some situations, it’s necessary to give live feedback. In a video conference, we can share our thoughts and opinions live. This feels outdated since we have to set aside a specific time to have such meetings. If you have a family with children, it becomes even more difficult.

I bought a microphone and a capture unit, and built a studio to play the game and assist in development live with the team. When I make a voice call, I show the video of the gameplay or PC I’m supervising, record it, upload to the server and have other team members download it. Although it’s a new system, it’s going over very well with the team, as it’s easier to see and hear what we’re working on, especially when compared to taking footage with a camera. We are continuing to research what works best and minimize file sizes to not waste bandwidth.

For the time being, we are proceeding without any problems, so far. However, we’re only developing DLC at the moment. For example, it would have been very difficult to develop Super Smash Bros. Ultimate early on if we were in this situation.

Beyond video games, many creators are facing difficulties. However, I continue to work hard, no only to increase the amount of free time to play at home, but also, of course, so when the threat of COVID-19 subsides, we can enjoy being outside in the sun once again.
I can pretty much understand how Sakurai and especially those who have to work from home feel considering how much havoc the Covid-19 situation. I've been stuck mostly at home for at least two months and only went to my local supermarket a few times just to help my parents shop for essential needs.

Anyways, there is one part of Sakurai's column that I'm pretty sure everyone does agree on:

so when the threat of COVID-19 subsides, we can enjoy being outside in the sun once again.

I have a feeling that even if the lockdown does ease eventually in my country, it will take a lot of time for everything to be back to normal.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
alright. down to the last handful of bosses. I need a Mario boss, a Yoshi boss, and an F-Zero boss.
I could certainly see Yoshi having Baby Bowser as a boss. Maybe the Mario boss could be the Broodals. Each individual one doesn't have a lot of health, but in turn, once one dies another arrives.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think it could possibly be a good business move for Nintendo to add a purchasable option in Animal Crossing: NH, which would allow players to increase the maximum number of villagers they can have on their island by 1 for 1 dollar (or an equivalent amount in other currencies). Of course this would definitely need to be limited, maybe at 15 or 20 or something, but I think it would be a good option to have for players who want to really fill their island up with villagers.

It would be a completely optional extra for those who feel like 10 is too limiting, and would appear to be a good way for Nintendo to earn extra revenue. I’d consider it a win-win for both parties involved, EVEN if there’s a cost on the players. However, the game is still playable with 10 villagers, so it’s not like crucial gameplay is being lost for those who decide to pass. And plus, you can pay for as many as you want. Only want 2 villagers? Pay 2 dollars. All 5 or all 10? It’ll just cost extra. I think there’s a lot of customization available in that regard, and it wouldn’t require too much work by Nintendo to implement, as the villagers are all there, but there’s just a self-imposed maximum present.

Thoughts? I’d probably pay 5 dollars for a maximum of 15 villagers, but maybe that’s not worth it?
This would make a lot of sense but the bigger problem is you can have 4 or characters you create living on the island so that’s technically 14 residents already if you do have multiple characters or people playing on an island.

That means the max would be 19 houses which is a lot, especially with more shops coming down the line. That’s a lot of island space taken up right there excluding any original designs or ideas people make to make their island stand out. So it be hard to fit all that in on one island imo

Dutch Raikuna

I can pretty much understand how Sakurai and especially those who have to work from home feel considering how much havoc the Covid-19 situation. I've been stuck mostly at home for at least two months and only went to my local supermarket a few times just to help my parents shop for essential needs.

so when the threat of COVID-19 subsides, we can enjoy being outside in the sun once again.

I have a feeling that even if the lockdown does ease eventually in my country, it will take a lot of time for everything to be back to normal.
Does feel like the UK is going to be the long runner in this. I think it's going be far longer for everything to be lifted over here, regardless of which of the four you live in.

I'm just looking forward to going to the library so I can finally get some peace and quiet when this all lifts.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Again, hypothetically and ignoring floodgates and repercussions and likelihood and all that, if Goku got in, how would he be labled? Would he be labled as from DragonBall FighterZ? DragonBall Z: Kakarot? Just plain old DragonBall/DragonBall Z?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
alright. down to the last handful of bosses. I need a Mario boss, a Yoshi boss, and an F-Zero boss.
:ultmario:: Whomp King
:ultyoshi:: Naval Piranha
:ultfalcon:: Deathborn

I could certainly see Yoshi having Baby Bowser as a boss. Maybe the Mario boss could be the Broodals. Each individual one doesn't have a lot of health, but in turn, once one dies another arrives.
How would the Baby Bowser Boss work in Smash?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OK. Again, hypothetically and ignoring floodgates and repercussions and likelihood and all that, if Goku got in, how would he be labled? Would he be labled as from DragonBall FighterZ? DragonBall Z: Kakarot? Just plain old DragonBall/DragonBall Z?
Whatever game they're using the appearance from. So any of those can work. If it's not a game design, just Dragon Ball Z's current logo is fine too.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Probably just Dragon Ball, maybe Dragon Ball Z. Unless they only appear in one game in a series (Joker, Byleth), they use the series as a whole as the title.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You need to fix that.
I know, I know. I saw a guy livestream the entire game, and I love the game's plot and message. It manages to handle the whole topic incredibly well. On top of that, Madeline is a very relatable character for me, and I'm sure that people who have gone through similar issues can agree.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
he’ll be labeled as either a Dragon Quest or Street Fighter character

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whatever game they're using the appearance from. So any of those can work. If it's not a game design, just Dragon Ball Z's current logo is fine too.
Probably just Dragon Ball, maybe Dragon Ball Z. Unless they only appear in one game in a series (Joker, Byleth), they use the series as a whole as the title.
Probably just DragonBall then. Though I imagine his design in Smash would mostly come from FighterZ.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Who want to see Paper Mario Sticker Star get roasted by Chuggaaconroy and Protonjon for 8 hours?

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Who want to see Paper Mario Sticker Star get roasted by Chuggaaconroy and Protonjon for 8 hours?
Ayyy, I saw the majority of that stream's premiere the other night, it's good stuff. I really wanted to like that game when I first played it. I truly did. The game's not even laughably awful like some make it out to be. It's just... disappointing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m only like a half hour in but I know this is gonna be good. You’re probably not as familiar with this as other users here but I’ve been working on concepts and art for a new Paper Mario game and Emile has been one of the inspirations for that project, from his LPs of the other games to hi hatred of this one.

D

Deleted member

Played Animal Crossing for 5 hours straight today
Is this what fulfilment feels like?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom