• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kind of both. The Zelda, Kirby, and Castlrvania series already have perfect bosses, so all Zelda characters fight Gannon, all Kirby characters fight Marx, Simon and Richter against Dracula. But the other characters from the other series each get a new boss that's actually from the same game as them.
I'd keep Giga Bowser. He's a Smash original character, so he fits the Mario series.

Perhaps just have Master Hand for R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch?

Rathalos could fit Fire Emblem, maybe? What's your list so far?

Oh, didn't reply fast enough. I like that list. Very nice. I don't remember if any of those 4 heroes fight Dragonlord, but he's one of the most notable bosses(to the point of being a monster in Dragon Quest Monsters that can be on your team).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Absolutley yes. I have a few ideas so far, Metal Gear Rex (piloted by Liquid) for Snake, Death Egg Robot for Sonic, M. Bison for Ryu and Ken (replaced by Akuma on higher intensities, just like Street Fighter), Sephiroth for Cloud, Dragonlord for Hero, and Gruntilda for Banjo. But I'm not set in stone on any other series.
If it helps, I’ve played around with the idea for Rayquaza to return with a Mega Evolved second form for Pokémon and Grima for Fire Emblem, I think both would work.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Absolutley yes. I have a few ideas so far, Metal Gear Rex (piloted by Liquid) for Snake, Death Egg Robot for Sonic, M. Bison for Ryu and Ken (replaced by Akuma on higher intensities, just like Street Fighter), Sephiroth for Cloud, Dragonlord for Hero, and Gruntilda for Banjo. But I'm not set in stone on any other series.
Alrighty. Well, here are a few ideas I had.
:ultbanjokazooie: - Gruntilda
:ulticeclimbers: - Pterodactyl
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio
:ultjoker: - Yaldaboath
:ultmegaman: - Yellow Devil or Dr. Wily
:ultmiifighters: - The Darkest Lord
:ultness: - Gygas
:ultpikachu: - Lusamine (Merged with Niheligo)
:ultpit: - Hades
:ultsamus: - Mother Brain
:ultsonic: - Eggman

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo So, this is another odd request, but Bob is asking for more items I am having trouble with. Do you have any cardboard boxes? I need two, but none of my villagers moved in or left recently
They are pretty common in thr recycle bin is resident services, did you check there first? thats where I get all mine. If you dont have any I can check to see if I have any, I do have 2 on me

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh thank god i avoided all of those miitopia spoilers

god forbid i get spoiled about miitopia

also how would giygas work if you can't even hit him? is it an endurance round?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How do you imagine the actual battles playing out?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They are pretty common in thr recycle bin is resident services, did you check there first? thats where I get all mine. If you dont have any I can check to see if I have any, I do have 2 on me
Yup, I checked. There's none. My brother must've taken them. And yeah, I'll open my gates so you can come whenever you want. Just lemme know. And I'll pay you for them, of course.

I seriously, seriously doubt that anybody here cares about Miitopia spoilers of all things, but I'd rather play it safe.

I actually really do like that idea.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If it helps, I’ve played around with the idea for Rayquaza to return with a Mega Evolved second form for Pokémon and Grima for Fire Emblem, I think both would work.
Yeah, they both work well. Although if Tokyo Mirage Sessions is anything to go buy, Medeus would also be a fine choice.
To avoid the spoilers, I think a better boss for Persona 5 would be Kamoshida. And as for Pokemon.... Lusamine is certainly a nice idea, but I don't know what makes her stand out more than any other Pokemon boss. Why not just use Eternetus?

Yeah, a return of the Porky boss would probably be better

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Although if Tokyo Mirage Sessions is anything to go buy, Medeus would also be a fine choice.
I guess, though I doubt they’d go with that version of the boss. What I like about Grima is that he’d be a different fight from the rest of the current bosses in that he’d be more of a platforming boss like Master Fortress.
Also this theme:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What I like about Grima is that he’d be a different fight in that he’d be more of a platforming boss like Master Fortress.
Yeah but since Master Fortress isn't actually in the game, Medeus can easily take that spot back up.

I want bosses that can have optional weaknesses to specific character traits, but can be defeated by really anyone. Some characters can use reflectors to do big damage on bosses with projectiles, but I wanna see a boss who can be exploited through physical counters. and i guess a fire emblem boss would also be good with that

I'd personally choose Nemesis as the Fire Emblem boss, I think he has a lot of potential as an army-commander theme. Not an umpteenth dragon.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
****ing AXEL was thinking and I thought he wanted to finally move so I talked to him and he FORGOT WHAT HE WAS GONNA SAY. **** THIS ELEPHAN-

Yup, I checked. There's none. My brother must've taken them. And yeah, I'll open my gates so you can come whenever you want.
I can come over rn if thats good with ya?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah the other day I learned Echo can earn achievements for other characters. I got Lucio’s cute sticker that way lol.

Which baffles me as I was never able to get it when actually trying

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bayonetta could easily have Jubileus, Fortitudo, Balder, Alraune, Gomorah...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
****ing AXEL was thinking and I thought he wanted to finally move so I talked to him and he FORGOT WHAT HE WAS GONNA SAY. **** THIS ELEPHAN-

That meant he had an item for you but your pockets were full. If you want to keep trying you could try the time travel method to force people to leave. It worked first try for me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
will keeping my pockets full make his AI only want to leave?
Not sure but I don’t think so. I had my pockets full plenty of times and the neighbors I wanted to leave would still not leave. Asking about their catchpharse or saying they had stuff to give me, etc.

But when i did the time travel method of only talking to the villager I wanted to leave once and no one else, when I skipped 15 days that’s when claus left. I got Maddie then which wasn’t bad.

I have Whitney now though which is pretty cool as she was at my campsite

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
To avoid the spoilers, I think a better boss for Persona 5 would be Kamoshida.
I considered that, but I suppose that you can't really use Kamoshida in Smash for obvious reasons.

And as for Pokemon.... Lusamine is certainly a nice idea, but I don't know what makes her stand out more than any other Pokemon boss. Why not just use Eternetus?
Lusamine is easily my favorite Pokemon villain, for starters. She's much more evil and cruel than the others.
On top of that, I think that the fusion aspect works well for a Pokemon boss. Unlike Rayquaza, for example, you're actually fighting against a Pokemon and their trainer. It displays the relationship between a Pokemon and it's trainer, albeit a twisted one.
As for why I didn't use Eternetus, I just don't know enough about it to have any solid ideas for it.

How do you imagine the actual battles playing out?
I have some ideas for these, so I'll just go over the ones I'm more proud of.

Gruntilda would play out simmilarly to how she does in Banjo-Kazooie. She flies around the top of her castle, swooping down at players and throwing fireballs. On top of this, I could see her using some spells. Maybe she could do things such as shrink the player, (These status effects would be inflicted upon being hit by a spell attack) have lighting strike the stage, etcetera.

DJ Octavio works similarly to how he does in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. He's in the background of the stage, and he fires missiles, shoots ink rays, and throws punches at the player. Occasionally, when he throws a punch, his fist will become lodged into the ground. Hit it to send it flying back at him.

Yaldaboath also lies in the background of the stage. One of his attacks he uses allows him to inflict your party with status effects, but they aren't based off of the seven deadly sins like they are in Persona 5. They're status effects from Smash. Stuff like shrinking the player, reversing their controls, and making them more lightweight. These can't be avoided, but they go away shortly. He can use weapons such as the Gun Of Execution, the Bell Of Declaration, etc. Unlike DJ Octavio, he can be hit from the foreground.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is there like a limit to how many villagers you can have or something? Why would you want a villager to leave?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Yup! My gates are now open to friends.

Is there like a limit to how many villagers you can have or something? Why would you want a villager to leave?
Yup. There is a limit. I believe that it's ten.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes I think it’s 10 or 12, but pretty sure it’s the former.

As for why you make them leave, it’s because you either don’t like them, they or annoying, or you want another one of your favorites in their place. And with over 400 villagers there are a lot to go through

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

You have to wait until you can use a Final Smash, in which case it just summons Paula (no Poo, he's dead) and then the boss dies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You have to wait until you can use a Final Smash, in which case it just summons Paula (no Poo, he's dead) and then the boss dies.
You can use final smashes in boss fights? Sounds sus, a good half can't be done.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well that ****ing sucks. 10 out of 400? That’s just unfortunate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've gotten rid of one Villager type who specifically pretends to ask a Question, only to hard force me into answering it. No, that's not how you do Surveys. Anyone like that can GTFO. I won't tolerate trickery like that. It wastes a ton of my time which has made me miss countless balloons to pop, fish, bugs, etc.

Otherwise, and mostly for New Leaf, you're in a terrible spot for my village itself, so goodbye.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And let there be fixed..... This could get buried

1588189763026.png

OK so the images are fixed. Now I can go on this rant.

My God do I wish PlayStation Plus had more free games a month and more higher quality. Cause for the past number of months, it's been a game I own or one I'm not really into.
With this, I'm gonna cancel my PS Plus for a while. Again I was hoping more games and more variation. Miss the month were we got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank.

Like looking at under £16 or $20 sale and the other one going. If we got say three games from that, then it would be good quality.
For example, you have Hitman 2, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and Formula 1 2019. See a variation of genres and good quality, unlike the damn month where we had bloody Sonic Forces and something else.

Hopefully my fellow PlayStationers can understand on this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wasn't the max in previous Animal Crossing games 15 or something?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think it could possibly be a good business move for Nintendo to add a purchasable option in Animal Crossing: NH, which would allow players to increase the maximum number of villagers they can have on their island by 1 for 1 dollar (or an equivalent amount in other currencies). Of course this would definitely need to be limited, maybe at 15 or 20 or something, but I think it would be a good option to have for players who want to really fill their island up with villagers.

It would be a completely optional extra for those who feel like 10 is too limiting, and would appear to be a good way for Nintendo to earn extra revenue. I’d consider it a win-win for both parties involved, EVEN if there’s a cost on the players. However, the game is still playable with 10 villagers, so it’s not like crucial gameplay is being lost for those who decide to pass. And plus, you can pay for as many as you want. Only want 2 villagers? Pay 2 dollars. All 5 or all 10? It’ll just cost extra. I think there’s a lot of customization available in that regard, and it wouldn’t require too much work by Nintendo to implement, as the villagers are all there, but there’s just a self-imposed maximum present.

Thoughts? I’d probably pay 5 dollars for a maximum of 15 villagers, but maybe that’s not worth it?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just realised june isn't in spring therefore ARMS rep can't be spring man, it'd have to at least be summer man

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FE Fates has the best Smash representation out of all the Fire Emblem games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom