• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

This thread and its titles.
What does the Omega form of this thread look like?
It's like a mix of Final Destination and Flat Zone 2 but without the flat stuff being in it. Title changes appear in the background.
Layout looks like Omega Smashville.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Dunno why people were having trouble with the Aura mastery event battle, I cleared it easy and got the bonus prize.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Characters in Smash previously seen in Japanese animation format, otherwise known as anime:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::squirtle::ivysaur::pt: - The Pokémon anime and Pokémon Origins, of course.
:4marth: - There was a Fire Emblem anime based on Marth's games, though it was cancelled after 2 episodes. Ironically, it was dubbed in English before Melee came out.
:4falcon: - The anime series, F-Zero: GP Legend.
:4sonic: - The series was adapted to anime with Sonic X.
:4pit::4palutena: - The promotional anime shorts for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Palutena's trailer for Smash 3DS/Wii U.
:4link::4darkpit: - Palutena's trailer for Smash 3DS/Wii U.
:4villager::4villagerf: - Wasn't there an anime movie based on Animal Crossing or something?
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: - There as a Kirby anime series as well.
:4myfriends: - Okay, this one is quite a bit of a stretch, but his games' cutscenes were made by a well-known anime studio, Production I.G, who also worked with Nintendo on other occasions such as Pokémon Origins and one of the KIU anime shorts, Thanatos Rising. The studio also worked on several other projects, including Attack on Titan.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just got the Dog Ears hat. One more hat left! @ Storm Eagle Storm Eagle mentioned in a different thread that he thinks the patch made it easier to get new customs because he got everything right after patching. If I get the Football Helmet today, I will believe him.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Characters in Smash previously seen in Japanese animation format, otherwise known as anime:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::squirtle::ivysaur::pt: - The Pokémon anime and Pokémon Origins, of course.
:4marth: - There was a Fire Emblem anime based on Marth's games, though it was cancelled after 2 episodes. Ironically, it was dubbed in English before Melee came out.
:4pit::4palutena: - The promotional anime shorts for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Palutena's trailer for Smash 3DS/Wii U.
:4villager::4villagerf: - Wasn't there an anime movie based on Animal Crossing or something?
:4myfriends: - Okay, this one is quite a bit of a stretch, but his games' cutscenes were made by a well-known anime studio, Production I.G, who also worked with Nintendo on other occasions such as Pokémon Origins and one of the KIU anime shorts, Thanatos Rising. The studio also worked on several other projects, including Attack on Titan.
You forgot:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4wario2:-Mario OVAs we're produced.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Dunno why people were having trouble with the Aura mastery event battle, I cleared it easy and got the bonus prize.
Maybe not everyone is good with Lucario, I find it easy as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You forgot:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4wario2:-Mario OVAs we're produced.
I didn't know that. :o

Also, the aforementioned studio Production I.G also worked on Wario Land: Shake Dimension's cutscenes (one more point for Wario, I guess). Other of their works include animation for the Tales series' games, the anime series Ghost in the Shell and Guilty Crown, and several Pokémon anime movies.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You forgot :4mario:,:4luigi:,:4peach:, and :4bowser:'s appearances in that one obscure :4mario: anime movie that one of :4luigi:'s alts came from and 3 shorts based on fairy tales.

IIRC, :4megaman: appeared in "Super Adventure Rockman".

Edit: Kinda :4greninja:'d for the :4mario: stars.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got the Dog Ears hat. One more hat left! @ Storm Eagle Storm Eagle mentioned in a different thread that he thinks the patch made it easier to get new customs because he got everything right after patching. If I get the Football Helmet today, I will believe him.
Too bad I still have the Mini Top Hat left on the 3DS version and I tried getting it with no luck. I don't have much on the Wii U version.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also a stretch, but they do appear in his Final Smash, but :4mega man: appeared in two animes.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
So, basically for those of you who want non-anime characters in a smash-style game are pretty much boned.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, after almost 24 hours staying in a Mirage Forest, this cute little thing finally appeared. WIth a DexNav Level of 417 and a "chain" of 193. It has 3 perfect IVs, but a neutral nature, but I don't care; Im happy with this.
DSC02952.JPG
Getting this shiny really felt like a real adventure; stuck in the island relying on Leppa Berries, Ethers and Elixirs and with half of my party with 0PP on their moves. Leaving the Mirage Spot after that was also really weird because it dissppeared just when I left and another Mirage Spot (Fabled Cave) appeared in front of me because one of my Pokémon reached Lv. 100 in the island.

Anyway, what I missed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4wario2::4link::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4falcon::4marth::4villager::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4sonic::4megaman:
(Removed Ike because the cutscenes for his games were CGI and not hand-drawn anime style.)

Still, it's a total of 22 characters. That's a bit less than half of the roster.

In fact, almost all characters follow similar art styles as anime and manga. It's to be expected since they're all Japanese characters. Even the Mario characters have some similarities to earlier anime works, which are in turn influenced by Western animation, particularly Disney's earlier works. The art styles diverged, but the origin is one and the same.

It's pretty stupid when people complain about "anime characters" in Smash, when all characters in Smash are as made in Japan as any other anime character (with the sole exception of Diddy Kong).

Last edited:

Soul.

I just noticed they released a Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. demo.
Meh, not interested. Game looks interesting but I don't feel like trying it out.

So what you're saying is, Goku should totally be in the next Smash.
If he's in the next Smash, he will be nothing but a punching bag to me.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, it certainly looks like I'll be resuming my practice for Majoras Mask 3D tomorrow. Im about to go into Stone Tower Temple. I may as well finish the playthrough this weekend so I can boot up my actual copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, almost all Smash charaters are anime related?
That's a M. Night Shyamalan level of Plot Twist

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Toy Story collecting is so expensive.

And that, was another unrelated comment to the current discussion. Carry on.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If I make a fan-made Smash game the first thing I will do is make it look like Smash 4.
Then remove the anime characters.
Why? It's a fan-made game for crying out loud... why not explore Smash in a way that it normally couldn't be explored?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You think you're wallets burnt out? Just wait till you've met a person who collects transformers action figures.
Ikr, those vintage figures alone can reach up to the $1000s.

I'm really interested in buying this bad boy.
Yeah, I already have the TSC Woody but the figure has a more neutral face compared to the TSC.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have been cheated and lied to.

I was promised that I would be allowed to see a therapist this week. I was promised. But today, my dear sweet mother claimed that the therapist never returned her calls.

I, however, am positive that she never called them in the first place. She's been fighting me tooth and nail over my mental issues in the most passive-aggressive manners possible for as long as I can remember, but giving me a bit of hope and then yanking it away is going too far even for her.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"That's not what I meant" would have been sufficient.
Yes, yes, I agree that phrasing my previous statements in fewer words would have sufficed as an answer.

But that would have been far too into simplicity side of the scale ranging from simple to complex.

Sometimes, there's an inherent charm to expressing a basic idea via long strings of words.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Yeah, I already have the TSC Woody but the figure has a more neutral face compared to the TSC.
I still have the original Woody and Buzz that I got for Christmas as a preschooler. Their sound systems shorted out, but they're still cool to display.

But I'm really wanting to get my hands on the MP10, and I even might get one this weekend, but it all depends.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

I was promised that I would be allowed to see a therapist this week. I was promised. But today, my dear sweet mother claimed that the therapist never returned her calls.

I, however, am positive that she never called them in the first place. She's been fighting me tooth and nail over my mental issues in the most passive-aggressive manners possible for as long as I can remember, but giving me a bit of hope and then yanking it away is going too far even for her.
Looks like your mother needs a high five... in the face... with a STEEL CHAIR!

Soul.

Why? It's a fan-made game for crying out loud... why not explore Smash in a way that it normally couldn't be explored?
I don't know if I want to explore Smash with characters that don't fit very well with the concept of the game, even if they try to make them fit with Smash.
I'm not going to bother arguing with you.

@ Soul. Soul.
But Guuuuuyyysssss, Marth, Ike and Robin ARE Anime! :troll:
Sheesh!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Welp, now Im not feel bad for spending $40 on a rare Sailor V plush. But I get it, vintage is cool, praise vintage stuff

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Maybe you should try calling your therapist.

If the therapist DOES in fact return the call and says that your mother hasn't returned them, you call her out on it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Soul. Soul.
But Guuuuuyyysssss, Marth, Ike and Robin ARE Anime! :troll:
Were it not for the emoticon commonly referred to as a "troll face" that commonly denotes joking intent or sarcasm, I would have to express once more my disapproval at your statement.

I do, however, fully comprehend that your statement is not meant to be taken as a serious matter, so I shall refrain from causing too much of a commotion.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yes, yes, I agree that phrasing my previous statements in fewer words would have sufficed as an answer.

But that would have been far too into simplicity side of the scale ranging from simple to complex.

Sometimes, there's an inherent charm to expressing a basic idea via long strings of words.
Long strings of words?
like this guy?

Once I tried to speak like Mojo during an entire day, It was awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom