• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ugh. Gotta write a rhetorical analysis essay tonight on Swift's A Modest Proposal. I mean, it's not too bad (it's only four pages), it's just that analyzing it is pretty dry and time consuming, and the format's gotta be absolutely precise since my professor's a tough grader.

Soul.

No, it's not the Pokémon Smash fans that bother me. It's the warring, jumbled dust storm known as the Competitive Pokémon Fandoms.
So... Smogon? Well, in that case.... yes, they act as if they were the smartest thing to ever exist.

Yeah, I suppose. I don't want to go back to the outdated, half-baked website that is Xat.
Xat sucks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ugh. Gotta write a rhetorical analysis essay tonight on Swift's A Modest Proposal. I mean, it's not too bad (it's only four pages), it's just that analyzing it is pretty dry and time consuming, and the format's gotta be absolutely precise since my professor's a tough grader.
A Modest Proposal? My condolences.
That sounds really boring.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Finish my night here:
Today they revealed a new xenoblade character:

But I can't take off from my head the stereotypical commander from other m:
upload_2015-1-29_20-46-29.jpeg

Are all supposed to apparent boring personalities?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

@IsmaR

...Your family is more effed up than I remember you telling me, Miss MaR. ¦D

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is my 8000th message on these boards. I'm not gonna tag anybody because

1. I'm worried they might get a bit annoyed
2. The thought of tagging people for some random reason sounds awkward to me,
3. It's almost time for dinner.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I really need to start doing my homework much sooner rather than procrastinating until the last day like I did just now.

It's wearing me out. But at least it's finished now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A Modest Proposal? My condolences.
That sounds really boring.
The source material itself isn't really boring, it's just the really strict format the paper has to be in that is. The piece itself is actually pretty funny if you're familiar with what was going on at the time. :p

D

Deleted member

My god school. Term 2 grades still aren't available? You're 3 hours late, school. -__-

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This is my 8000th message on these boards. I'm not gonna tag anybody because

1. I'm worried they might get a bit annoyed
2. The thought of tagging people for some random reason sounds awkward to me,
3. It's almost time for dinner.
TAG ME!!!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So... Smogon? Well, in that case.... yes, they act as if they were the smartest thing to ever exist.

Xat sucks.
I'm actually more bitter at VGC than Smogon (Someone explain to me how the hell Phione is broken!) but yeah, they've made some pretty questionable decisions, too.

It's like nobody can ever have a fair pokémon battle, ever.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I prefer an Adamant Proposal over a Modest Proposal, because I like physical attackers instead of special ones :awesome:

.....ok that was a bad joke, as usual.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just it's hard to read due to how disgusting it is.
Gah, you ruined it. D:

I wanted someone unfamiliar with the piece to ask what it was about, and then be like, "You should look into it! There's some really creative recipes in it that you should try out!~"

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
The following series have been completely ruined for me by the same mindset:

:4pit::4pikachu::4samus:

Hating the fans made me hate what they were fans of.

It's like as much as I abhor Metroid, I wouldn't complain if Ridley made it.
[rant]
You're right about that las part, but you can't just generalize every fan as that. It's like saying every Christian is delusional and radical, or every Atheist is persistent and stubborn. Or that every African is inferior and accusive, every Caucasian racist and discriminatory. Every PM/ Ridley fan rabid and self-centered, each detractor biased and rude. Every Muslim an outcast or terrorist, every Korean/Chinese/Japanese Insane and warlike. You can't brand people like that. Nobody can. But people do. And everyone in the world, I say EVERYONE, has an arbitrary reason to be branded stupid, bad, inferior,weird, self-centered, delusional, or somethign liek that, simply for being what they are.

Hating an entire fannies is being like those kinds of people who brand other like that. simply put, don't. But it's hard, I know. The vocal fanbases of a franchise, though are ussually the worst of all the said fanbases, making eveyone seem horrible, and the entire series gets ruined. AKA what happened to you. And I feel bad. So it's not just your fault, It's also theirs.
[/rant]
I don't know what the point of my post was. Just to raise my postcount with the hopes of not getting a warning for mentioning Religion and Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I doubt this book could be any worse than Catcher in the Rye.

I'm just asking to be proved wrong, aren't I?

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
A Modest Proposal? Ah, yes, I've heard something about that. I won't spoil it, but it's actually funny.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Any rabid fans of anything are worthy of hate
No.
Murderers are worthy of hate. Sex offenders are worthy of hate.
Unless you're talking about fans that are rapid enough to due either of these things, in which case...yeah.
Gah, you ruined it. D:
I wanted someone unfamiliar with the piece to ask what it was about, and then be like, "You should look into it! There's some really creative recipes in it that you should try out!~"
I'm sorry :crying:
I have an aversion to understanding jokes...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only generalization I can think of being absolutely true is that every single human being is stupid. Even intelligent people like me have their moments of stupidity.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hating an entire fannies is being like those kinds of people who brand other like that. simply put, don't. But it's hard, I know. The vocal fanbases of a franchise, though are ussually the worst of all the said fanbases, making eveyone seem horrible, and the entire series gets ruined. AKA what happened to you. And I feel bad. So it's not just your fault, It's also theirs.
Hating an entire fannies is being like those kinds of people who brand other like that. simply put, don't. But it's hard, I know.
Hating an entire fannies is being like those kinds of people who brand other like that.
Hating an entire fannies
Haha, you said fannies. :p

D

Deleted member

Fifty Shades of Grey says "Hi!".
Fifty Shades of Grey is not a book that English teachers claim is a "classic." Fifty Shades is nothing more than published erotica.

The only generalization I can think of being absolutely true is that every single human being is stupid. Even intelligent people like me have their moments of stupidity.
Like this one?
Even intelligent people like me
:troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
So we talking about fan bases? Zelda, smash, final fantasy, and console fan boys are the worst for me.

D

Deleted member

What if it was called Zero Shades of Grey?
It wouldn't change the book's content, would it? Although I do think changing the title of Catcher in the Rye to "A Whiny Teenager in New York" would be a more appropriate title.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Fifty Shades of Grey is not a book that English teachers claim is a "classic." Fifty Shades is nothing more than published erotica.
But, there was still someone who had to write it. There was still someone who looked at the Twilight fan-fiction and thought it was worth publishing (and making a movie of all things).
And I get you hate the protagonist, but there's worse out there.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like this one?

Damn you. :troll:

No.
Murderers are worthy of hate. Sex offenders are worthy of hate.
Unless you're talking about fans that are rapid enough to due either of these things, in which case...yeah.
Well, I just don't like it when people shove their preferences down the others' throats.

Comparing rabid fans to the worst sort of scum in the planet (that deserves far worse than mere hate) is hardly a fair comparison.

I'm sorry :crying:
I have an aversion to understanding jokes...
What's the point of a joke if you don't get it?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Anybody up for a few Free for All matches?
(3ds or Wii U)

I regret everything nothing.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
tfw you spend like an hour in Starbound character creation but then the update has made SB run ultra slo on your computer so actually playing it is impossible

(◕︵◕)

Anyway... what's up, social thread?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fifty Shades of The Picture of Dorian Grey: The crossover that should never happen

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I just don't like it when people shove their preferences down the others' throats.
Comparing rabid fans to the worst sort of scum in the planet (that deserves far worse than mere hate) is hardly a fair comparison.
I'm sorry. I was raised to think hate is a word reserved for the worst people in the world.
Not rabid internet fanboys.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
tfw you spend like an hour in Starbound character creation but then the update has made SB run ultra slo on your computer so actually playing it is impossible

(◕︵◕)

The Social Thread being the Social Thread.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

(◕︵◕)

The update's gravity was too strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom