• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So DLC is the reason? Eh.

Remember, we don't talk about that stuff. It will only result in a fierce battle.
Basically, since in the old days of brawl and Mewtwo's data was found in the files even then there was not really much hype and it was just a "Oh Mewtwo actually was planned" and just kinda faded off.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Young Link having his original voice is 80% of the reason I am excited for him.
Since OoT/MM Link is my favorite one.
Thank god FD Link didn't get Hyrule Warriors Link's voice.
Yeah, FD Link sounds boss with his original voice, HW Link makes me lel with his constant annoying screams of "THEOOOOOOH!!"

M24S4

Smash Cadet
I sometimes wonder if Mewtwo is like, the most important thing in the world of Smash.
Well at the moment yes, why not?
Even if u don't like him it is a step into the right direction and opens the door for more dlcs (maby not this, but for upcoming smash games, regarding that sakurai said he has no other plans for dlcs)

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Either way, I find that you can't stop the Mewtwo of free DLC from conducting this particular hype-train of thought.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
@Kermit the Ninja @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi

It's on Netflix and it's my favorite movie ever. Watch it now. :D
Would if I could, but I'm about to go back home for the weekend to take on Stone Tower Temple and maybe fit in some Metroid Prime.

Plus there's the super bowl. I got some Seahawks to root for.

(I wish my Vikings could've been in)

Sorry bro, maybe during spring break.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Either way, I find that you can't stop the Mewtwo of free DLC from conducting this particular hype-train of thought.
If I had a whatever-the-hell-the-reblog-function-is-for account I would reblog that.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Honestly I have seen zero Mewtwo hype till he was gone and announced as DLC. Like no one seemed to care at all about him till he was announced for a return.
Yeah, no. That's not true.

Mewtwo was a very, very popular requested character in the West and in Japan. As soon as these boards opened up for Smash 4 discussions, he was talked about quite a lot. Just go look at the Mewtwo character thread pre-Smash 4 release. There was a lot of discussions going on. I liked to speculate on what gameplay changes he'll receive if he ever returned, because, let's face it, he needs some tweaks. And when he wasn't confirmed to be on the initial roster, many people were like "Yeah, if we're getting character DLC Mewtwo's mostly likely going to get in".

Maybe you haven't seen any hype, but I have. And quite a lot.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just got the last hat, so now I've got every challenge complete and every trophy collected! Now I can do whatever I want instead of grinding for items! :D

Didn't use a single Golden Hammer for challenges on either 3DS or Wii U.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Mewtwo was a very, very popular requested character in the West and in Japan. As soon as these boards opened up for Smash 4 discussions, he was talked about quite a lot. Just go look at the Mewtwo character thread pre-Smash 4 release. There was a lot of discussions going on. I liked to speculate on what gameplay changes he'll receive if he ever returned, because, let's face it, he needs some tweaks. And when he wasn't confirmed to be on the initial roster, many people were like "Yeah, if we're getting character DLC Mewtwo's mostly likely going to get in".

Then came the nonsensical ones like Chorus men and Krystal and others.
Just got the last hat, so now I've got every challenge complete and every trophy collected! Now I can do whatever I want instead of grinding for items! :D

Didn't use a single Golden Hammer for challenges on either 3DS or Wii U.
....yay...?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Autobots and Witches wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of The Decepticons.

I could just imagine Madoka and Homura riding inside Optimus Prime in truck mode.
It's almost canon:

(She's on a truck in case it wasn't clear)

Soul.

Wrong, the most important thing is... Shrek
Oh yeah I forgot about that guy.

Well at the moment yes, why not?
Even if u don't like him it is a step into the right direction and opens the door for more dlcs (maby not this, but for upcoming smash games, regarding that sakurai said he has no other plans for dlcs)
Honestly, doing more DLC is time consuming. I'd rather let them release Mewtwo as the first and only DLC. I have nothing against Mewtwo; I was just wondering if the thing was like, again, the most important thing in Smash. Nothing more, nothing less.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah I forgot about that guy.

Honestly, doing more DLC is time consuming. I'd rather let them release Mewtwo as the first and only DLC. I have nothing against Mewtwo; I was just wondering if the thing was like, again, the most important thing in Smash. Nothing more, nothing less.
What else are they going to use their time for

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
. I have nothing against Mewtwo; I was just wondering if the thing was like, again, the most important thing in Smash. Nothing more, nothing less.
For fans he was
Nonsensical...how, exactly?
by Nonsensical I mean doesn't make since as to why it would be added. But it DLC so I guess anything can happen but I still dont see why he should be added but thats just me.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Man, so many tryhards on FG today, yet they fall before The Blue Bomber. That's some real salt I'm shovin' out. :)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

No its very much true I have seen none, coming from the Nintendo world forum (before it collapsed from a virus attack) the mewtwo hype was very very much dead there and literally no one cared that he was gone in brawl. Smashboards is the only forum I ran into that has mewtwo hype.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the only two characters Smash 4's roster is sorely missing are Lucas and Wolf. For me, they are the only disappointing cuts from Brawl to Smash 4. The other cuts I had seen them coming, so I managed to anticipate them.

Bit of a shame since I liked playing as Wolf and Lucas in Brawl. In fact, I preferred Lucas over Ness. Snake was another really great character, but his exclusion is far more understandable.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think the only two characters Smash 4's roster is sorely missing are Lucas and Wolf. For me, they are the only disappointing cuts from Brawl to Smash 4. The other cuts I had seen them coming, so I managed to anticipate them.

Bit of a shame since I liked playing as Wolf and Lucas in Brawl. In fact, I preferred Lucas over Ness. Snake was another really great character, but his exclusion is far more understandable.
I played as Lucas a lot but I wasnt really hurt by his cut. but hey, at least New Pork City wasn't brought over from Brawl

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about BluePsychic? It's very symbolic if you think about it.
Holy crap that's brilliant! I haven't saved yet. I'm restarting the whole game now just to use this.

Unless it doesn't fit. Platinum doesn't have too many characters...

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For fans he was

by Nonsensical I mean doesn't make since as to why it would be added. But it DLC so I guess anything can happen but I still dont see why he should be added but thats just me.
I don't see how it doesn't make sense though. Rhythm Heaven is a popular (especially in Japan, apparently) newer series with three (soon to be four) titles. The Kids appear on the cover of the DS version, the first to see an international release and arguably the most known of the series (since the sales were much better than Fever's, or so I've heard) and are set to reappear in the 3DS game. Additionally, they can offer a unique new gameplay mechanic in being rhythm based and were praised not only on their 3DS trophy, but ALSO on Cam, Ribbon, and Marshal's trophies on the Wii U, perhaps signifying their importance further. And they're from Beyonce's favorite minigame in the DS version.

I'd say they're perfectly sensible.

D

Deleted member

I played as Lucas a lot but I wasnt really hurt by his cut. but hey, at least New Pork City wasn't brought over from Brawl
I liked New Pork City, and if a Chimera-less version was usable in 8-player smash, I think it would be pretty fun.

D

Deleted member

Worse case you could use something like "B. Psychic".
I could only fit "Blue," BluPsy," or "Psychic." Platinum only has 7 characters for names :urg:

I might be able to do Neß though, and that's just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom