• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Were it not for the emoticon commonly referred to as a "troll face" that commonly denotes joking intent or sarcasm, I would have to express once more my disapproval at your statement.

I do, however, fully comprehend that your statement is not meant to be taken as a serious matter, so I shall refrain from causing too much of a commotion.
So, Captain Falcon is from that one Anime right?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Maybe you should try calling your therapist.

If the therapist DOES in fact return the call and says that your mother hasn't returned them, you call her out on it.
I don't have a therapist of my own. That's the problem. And I'm in a situation where I can't look for one.

I don't know if I want to explore Smash with characters that don't fit very well with the concept of the game, even if they try to make them fit with Smash.
I'm not going to bother arguing.

Sheesh!
If you're talking about SSF2, two words: g r a n d f a t h e r. c l a u s e.

There were a lot more anime characters planned at first. But you know what happened? They realized people didn't want them. But at the same time, they didn't want to alienate their existing mains. So, they compromised - the three that were already programmed got to stay, while all others got the axe.

You know how people felt when :snake: (a PlayStation character) and :lucas: (an extremely niche Japan-Only character) got cut. They don't want Goku/Naruto/Ichigo mains to feel betrayed like that.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Welp, now Im not feel bad for spending $40 on a rare Sailor V plush. But I get it, vintage is cool, praise vintage stuff
Ironically, that Woody was under the "vintage" variant. The limited line had 3 versions:
  • "Full Color" with classic Woody's Roundup Boxes
  • "Black & White" least interesting in terms of color, imo
  • "Vintage" they give Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Propsector muted colors

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Talking about Anime...

I've never seen Kirby Right Back At Ya, but I remember Tillie-152 showing this off in a previous thread around the same time I posted that joke leak that featured Ghirahim.

image.jpg

It's General Pepper. Idk why they did it, they probably just thought it would be a ton of yucks.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ironically, that Woody was under the "vintage" variant. The limited line had 3 versions:
  • "Full Color" with classic Woody's Roundup Boxes
  • "Black & White" least interesting in terms of color, imo
  • "Vintage" they give Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Propsector muted colors
I like monochromatic but, muted colors sound more special, specially because bright colors are common in toys and collectibles

Soul.

If you're talking about SSF2, two words: g r a n d f a t h e r. c l a u s e.

There were a lot more anime characters planned at first. But you know what happened? They realized people didn't want them. But at the same time, they didn't want to alienate their existing mains. So, they compromised - the three that were already programmed got to stay, while all others got the axe.
Well I mean, it's fine to play anime characters in Smash and all but what I don't like about them is the fans. Anime fans always ask for pointless additions that it makes me hate the characters.

So I just realized that this thread has only been a thing for barely over a month and we are almost at 800 pages.

Damn son.
Gotta go fast. Still remember the early days of this thread.

D

Deleted member

There's a lot people who use this thread, soon there will come a day when a social thread doesn't even last a month.
When that happens, they'll install a chatbox and lock the thread. Or have much more strict moderation.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well I mean, it's fine to play anime characters in Smash and all but what I don't like about them is the fans. Anime fans always ask for pointless additions that it makes me hate the characters.
The following series have been completely ruined for me by the same mindset:

:4pit::4pikachu::4samus:

Hating the fans made me hate what they were fans of. I do get where you're coming from there. But keep other players in mind; whether you like it or not, Goku is one of the most commonly-requested characters. Just, you know, not on this website.

It's like as much as I abhor Metroid, I wouldn't complain if Ridley made it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When that happens can we finally call it; "Smash 4 Social Thread The Movie: The Rebellion Story?"
Should be Smash 4 Social Thread 2000. Yes, because of a certain operating system's kernel version number. *laughs*
Then after one page is done, it shall be named Whistler.

The movie will be released at the end of 5.0's lifecycle, so, please, stay tuned for more information regarding this future product.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This place is considered hell by many

But is really useful sometimes, I got some Smash related questions solved here

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's Movie Night, ladies and mentlegen.
Have a Movie. :4sonic:

D

Deleted member

Hating the fans made me hate what they were fans of.
I feel the same way about Melee even though I probably shouldn't. It's irrational and childish and I should stop. But when I finally think I can put my dumb hatred aside, I come across another stupid comment that reignites everything.

Lol, wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

There seems to be a few mods that have extreme resentment for this place lel.
Yeah, soon enough, they'll win and more strict rules will be in place. Rocket Raccoon will try and start another conversation, and it will fail, because we will continue to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Actually, if we had a shoutbox / chatbox instead of this thread, what would happen?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I feel the same way about Melee even though I probably shouldn't. It's irrational and childish and I should stop. But when I finally think I can put my dumb hatred aside, I come across another stupid comment that reignites everything.

Yeah, soon enough, they'll win and more strict rules will be in place. Rocket Raccoon will try and start another conversation, and it will fail, because we will continue to post here.
It happens to me with things that actually matter, too, unfortunately. People who have been stalking me here know I feel very, very guilty about irrationally hating a group of people but can't get myself to stop. Just when I think I've learned tolerance, here comes another walking stereotype that puts me behind square one all over again.

Soul.

Hating the fans made me hate what they were fans of. I do get where you're coming from there. But keep other players in mind; whether you like it or not, Goku is one of the most commonly-requested characters. Just, you know, not on this website.

It's like as much as I abhor Metroid, I wouldn't complain if Ridley made it.
Ehh. I really don't care about Ridley. If he's in, he's in. If he isn't in, he isn't in. It all comes to making him work. Of course people will complain about the size and all, but yeah.

People ask them to include a lot of Pokémon characters not knowing it will have at least the same number as Brawl. Not sure about Kid Icarus.

With the annoying notifications? lol, it seems pointless to make another one.

Actually, if we had a shoutbox / chatbox instead of this thread, what would happen?
no
this isn't facebook / skype :(
i mean its fine as a thread

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Any rabid fans of anything are worthy of hate, especially those that shove their opinions down others' throats.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Ehh. I really don't care about Ridley. If he's in, he's in. If he isn't in, he isn't in. It all comes to making him work. Of course people will complain about the size and all, but yeah.

People ask them to include a lot of Pokémon characters not knowing it will have at least the same number as Brawl. Not sure about Kid Icarus.

With the annoying notifications? lol, it seems pointless to make another one.

no
this isn't facebook / skype :(
i mean its fine as a thread
No, it's not the Pokémon Smash fans that bother me. It's the warring, jumbled dust storm known as the Competitive Pokémon Fandoms. Plural.

Their infighting makes things so damn confusing. Which ruleset do I follow? What will make my opponent not feel cheated? What's broken and what isn't? Nobody can ****ing agree!

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Hating the fans made me hate what they were fans of.
That's Batman, Dragon Ball, Happy Tree Friends, Sonic and My Little Pony for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom