• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know, something I've been considering for a while is actually learning music and playing an instrument.

Composition is what seems to be interesting me the most, though. I've come up with musical arrangements in my head, as well.

Ramblings aside, I'm off to sleep. See ya next time. I may not be online for the next few days.
You should get into playing the guitar, Frosty. Not sure when you'll read this, but still....

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Lol yeah SammyClassicSonicFan. I think he's getting bored of Sonic according to one of his videos.
It's funny, he actually hates the Sonic community. If he puts more work in his videos and try to be more realistic, he could do good videos. It'll probably come when he's going to age a little, but otherwise, I think it's okay to say, he's not an idiot. He's just young.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Besides the campaign on facebook,people are now mumbling into a corner complaining about their sad lifes.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Off topic, but someone mentioned music. Anyone else play instruments? I play the piano and ocarina. Currently working on a Chrono Trigger arrangement for the piano.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Besides the campaign on facebook,people are now mumbling into a corner complaining about their sad lifes.
On facebook or here?
Off topic, but someone mentioned music. Anyone else play instruments? I play the piano and ocarina. Currently working on a Chrono Trigger arrangement for the piano.
Used to have a violin, was a failure at it, gave up And I lived happily ever after

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I gotta go. I'll leave you with this :
tumblr_n7eik4HWoV1skvakgo1_250.gif

Good night people.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh...I dunno, I feel like Mariotehplumber is making these videos to give us a laugh, rather than thinking he does this everytime. Of course, my claim may be proven wrong, with the amiibo photos and stuff.

I don't understand what waifu means. It makes me think it's something from the feet.
Waifu is from the way Japanese people pronounce things. No, I'm not being racist. It's just a way every language changes a word so it's understandable in their language like in French, people might not say Wisconsin as "Whisk-con-sin" - I'm not good with phonetics, so bear with me. Instead, they'll say it like "Wees-con-seen". Why? Well, in French, the "I" sound is replaced with "E" and "E" is like "Uh"; "G" and "J" are switched around as well.

So, wife becomes waifu in Japanese and the same probably goes with husbando.

Well, somehow, because people, it became a joke which is fine. Where did this joke come from? Azumanga Daioh.

And as the video I linked before in the previous page said, it somehow twisted and became this kind of creepy thing where people get really attached to fictional character. Being attached to a character is fine. Like, I look up to Cole MacGrath as a hero. That's all right, but going to the point where I idolize, try to become, copy, impersonate, etc. crosses the line. Well, that's what happened to waifu/husbando, but it's crossing the line of saying that so-and-so is my significant other, partner, girl/boyfriend, and literally, wife/husband. Here's the link to the video... again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtwPPsBKGQ.

Add in the hikikomori issue and the pressures of society in almost every society and it becomes worse. I mean, why love someone who can hurt you when you can love someone "pure"? Society asks people to be this, that, and overall perfect. Some just get caught up and shutdown. Some just don't live and become zombies to society or to themselves. It's just something that happened.

In the words of The Comedian: "It's a joke. It's all a ******* joke." Or this: "Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Really? That's funny. 001rich100 is older than me yet he got mad at me for no reason back when I joined YouTube. All I wanted him to do was to give me advice on a project I was going to make and he took it seriously and threatened to ban me from the site. Ugh... good thing I distanced myself from the dark age.

Lol yeah SammyClassicSonicFan. I think he's getting bored of Sonic according to one of his videos.
After Boom, I would get bored of Sonic

D

Deleted member

He's getting bored of Sonic? What. I don't even. Is there even a video...?
I think it's one of his Sonic Boom-related videos.

It's funny, he actually hates the Sonic community. If he puts more work in his videos and try to be more realistic, he could do good videos. It'll probably come when he's going to age a little, but otherwise, I think it's okay to say, he's not an idiot. He's just young.
Yeah, I agree. At least he's trying to do good stuff unlike Mariotehplumber. In MTP's universe, al I see is the F-bomb being said over 9000 times with no explanation why. I should mention that he used the Caps Lock button so much in his latest video's comments that made me laugh so hard. Apparently Rosalina fans stole his email or something.. he got want he wanted I guess. If he didn't do this sort of thing maybe all this wouldn't happen. :/

Don't get me started on Gligar13Vids. The guy literally "hates" Nintendo yet he has a Pokémon avatar and owns Nintendo consoles. I don't know if he's doing this hate in purpose or just to gain subscribers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only things that I like about DC is

Teen Titans (Not GO!)
Static Shock show
You have good taste for liking Static Shock. But you should give the Flash a shot too, or at the very least, the Justice League Cartoon.

I prefer Marvel too, mostly because of Spider-Man and X-Men related stuff.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wait, I missed a Static Shock discussion?
Man, that series was one of my favorites

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
There's so much more awesomeness you're missing out on
The DC Animated Universe outpaces Marvel's by miles in the shows and movies. Check out Batman/Superman Public Enemies, which is just scraping the surface.
Now the cinema universe is an entirely different universe :urg:
That's where Mahvel pulls away
Yeah, Marvel shows aren't really good. Hopefully the GotG show will pull through. Probably won't

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
I have had only two waifus in my life: Shinji and Kaworu. But then when I hit 13, i learned that real life boys are a lot better. So long Shinji and Kaworu! it's been fun having you guys around!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's just a japanese shipping term, completely stupid.
Yeah I know, because of that I used the Kappa
I joke sometimes with that term, but obviously I prefer real life women over a pretty drawing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Marvel shows aren't really good. Hopefully the GotG show will pull through. Probably won't
Spectacular Spider-Man was great. One of the best Super-hero cartoons in my opinion. Too bad it got replaced with "Ultimate" Spider-Man. If that show acted more like the Ultimate comics, it'd probably be one of the better ones too. Though I imagine that version of Peter Parker wouldn't die and kind of sort of come back later.

I also liked 90's Spider-Man and X-Men, but DC's shows were better around that time. Wolverine and the X-Men was also cool, but again, it got cut off short, right when they were gonna deal with Apocalypse.

Last edited:

Soul.

Waifu is from the way Japanese people pronounce things. No, I'm not being racist. It's just a way every language changes a word so it's understandable in their language like in French, people might not say Wisconsin as "Whisk-con-sin" - I'm not good with phonetics, so bear with me. Instead, they'll say it like "Wees-con-seen". Why? Well, in French, the "I" sound is replaced with "E" and "E" is like "Uh"; "G" and "J" are switched around as well.

So, wife becomes waifu in Japanese and the same probably goes with husbando.

Well, somehow, because people, it became a joke which is fine. Where did this joke come from? Azumanga Daioh.

And as the video I linked before in the previous page said, it somehow twisted and became this kind of creepy thing where people get really attached to fictional character. Being attached to a character is fine. Like, I look up to Cole MacGrath as a hero. That's all right, but going to the point where I idolize, try to become, copy, impersonate, etc. crosses the line. Well, that's what happened to waifu/husbando, but it's crossing the line of saying that so-and-so is my significant other, partner, girl/boyfriend, and literally, wife/husband. Here's the link to the video... again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtwPPsBKGQ.

Add in the hikikomori issue and the pressures of society in almost every society and it becomes worse. I mean, why love someone who can hurt you when you can love someone "pure"? Society asks people to be this, that, and overall perfect. Some just get caught up and shutdown. Some just don't live and become zombies to society or to themselves. It's just something that happened.

In the words of The Comedian: "It's a joke. It's all a ******* joke." Or this: "Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
TL;DR: Waifu is wife in Japanese and makes no sense at all, as does Husbando. That anime started it all, meh. Of course it did lol.

When you say "try to become, copy, impersonate," that is pretty much what roleplayers do. Ahem, let me explain.

Two years ago, a user was trying to make fun of a Donkey Kong roleplayer (who is now a Pretty Cure roleplayer, lmao) that loved the Serena character from Pokémon. The impersonator was in YouTube, waiting for the DK user to have more icons, backgrounds and banners so that he could steal them. All of this started in YouTube until alternatives started to become a thing and shut down every 2 or 3 months. The DK user got tired of the troll and went to a pointless YouTube alternative (I don't remember the name), put his channel on private, and the troll still managed to steal his icons, BGs and banners. Mind you, he didn't make that stuff. It was another user. This kept going on and on and on and on and on, 2014 came; YouTube alternatives such as ZippCast were up and the DK user went there. He then notices that the site doesn't allow for private channels, thus making him leave the site for that reason. (Leaving a site just because it doesn't have a feature is pointless). Then came vStream which had private channels. The DK user went there, the troll was unable to steal his background and banner but managed to get the icons. As of now, the troll is inactive in YouTube and the DK user barely roleplays as DK anymore, with now roleplaying as a Fire Pretty Cure or whatever that thing is.
I don't follow anime, so... that's all I know.

Another one was about a Luigi roleplayer in YouTube back in 2011 but that guy was.....lol. I don't know. He stopped roleplaying and came back, then one time he was talking behind a user's back. So yeah.

TL;DR 2.0: Users who roleplay are inspired by the characters themselves.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
TL;DR: Waifu is wife in Japanese and makes no sense at all, as does Husbando. That anime started it all, meh. Of course it did lol.

When you say "try to become, copy, impersonate," that is pretty much what roleplayers do. Ahem, let me explain.

Two years ago, a user was trying to make fun of a Donkey Kong roleplayer (who is now a Pretty Cure roleplayer, lmao) that loved the Serena character from Pokémon. The impersonator was in YouTube, waiting for the DK user to have more icons, backgrounds and banners so that he could steal them. All of this started in YouTube until alternatives started to become a thing and shut down every 2 or 3 months. The DK user got tired of the troll and went to a pointless YouTube alternative (I don't remember the name), put his channel on private, and the troll still managed to steal his icons, BGs and banners. Mind you, he didn't make that stuff. It was another user. This kept going on and on and on and on and on, 2014 came; YouTube alternatives such as ZippCast were up and the DK user went there. He then notices that the site doesn't allow for private channels, thus making him leave the site for that reason. (Leaving a site just because it doesn't have a feature is pointless). Then came vStream which had private channels. The DK user went there, the troll was unable to steal his background and banner but managed to get the icons. As of now, the troll is inactive in YouTube and the DK user barely roleplays as DK anymore, with now roleplaying as a Fire Pretty Cure or whatever that thing is.

Another one was about a Luigi roleplayer in YouTube back in 2011 but that guy was.....lol. I don't know. He stopped roleplaying and came back, then one time he was talking behind a user's back. So yeah.

So basically War Anvil?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So mariotehplumber is 24... but acts like he's half of his age
Well, time to watch his videos and laugh at his immature rage
I think you're being too generous.
No seriously, no 12 year old I've ever seen acts like that.
I'd say he acts 7, at best.
I have had only two waifus in my life: Shinji and Kaworu. But then when I hit 13, i learned that real life boys are a lot better. So long Shinji and Kaworu! it's been fun having you guys around!
Now you see here guys, zkaka3000 brought this up during the waifu discussion because he thinks that we'll just brush it off as another random comment, but in reality, these events actually did happen.
Don't believe me?
Look under his # of messages.
upload_2015-1-14_17-49-19.png

See that?
He mains Pichu in Melee.
And as we all know, everybody who mains Pichu has mystical/magical powers.
It's a fact.
You know it's true.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What is a waifu anyway?
Something almost as bad as the average Xbox Live troll, they should be avoided at all costs.

You konw half of the people that claim to have wifu trash also have a girlfriend?

Unlike those losers, I realize that real people are so much more enjoyable since you can interact with them or go on dates. Speaking of dates, still got that Subway gift card saved so that we can go on our first date in two weeks. Anyone that knows how superior Subway is to McDonald's is a good student in my book (Given that it's directly in front of our very college). :estatic:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Honestly I see roleplaying as pointless, sometimes is funny but most of the time is meh

Nope, it's not you. Don't know if I like this new font...
Now it's back to normal, that was weird.
EDIT: It changed again

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This might have been posted already, but there's a new trailer for MKX. We get to see some "Klassic Kharacters". Should go without saying, but there's some pretty gory **** in it. But c'mon.....it's MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom