• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'm patient but
Pinkie Pie may respond to Sakurai:
"C'mon, Masahiro! Don't give up on Smash yet!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh my God I hated that event. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, though, I do think it's time for a changing of the guard. Nintendo's OBVIOUSLY not gonna let Smash die, even if Sakurai's not involved. It'd be brain-dead level stupidity to do so. Add in that Sakurai's made questionable decisions in the past and that his arm injury nearly killed him, and the fact that he's burnt out as far as Smash is concerned, and I think it's entirely for the best if a new director takes the helm.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The event with Miss Fit versus two Warios, that's the one that always gets me.

Maybe it's because Miss Fit is the only character that I can't play as for the life of me.

That other challenge where you have to eat food as Kirby is annoying too.

D

Deleted member

Is it me or did the site's font change into something like Arial Narrow?
Speaking of Arial Narrow, they should include that font.
Arial Narrow is a good font, but I think that fit YouTube better. I prefer fonts like Segoe, Open Sans, and those used in video games because of minimalism. Mostly the former two. If you are talking about adding the font in the post's font library, yeah, that'd be cool I suppose. Or maybe Smashboards can employ a DIY (do it yourself) theme of sorts, as if it was your channel and customize the theme as you'd like. I think it'd be technically impossible to do such thing, however.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have no shame in admitting that this was the last event I completed after three hours straight of failing at it...

...on Easy mode.

D

Deleted member

How popular are these games? Because if Sakurai is still in charge for Smash 5, I can see it happen if the games are popular enough.
You know what games are real popular? The Nintendogs games.
Do we have a Nintendogs character? Nope.
Are we likely to ever get a Nintendogs character? Nope.

Some franchises are just not made for combatants in Smash. And no, Wii Fit Trainer isn't a valid counterpoint in this circumstance due to the differences in nature between a game centered around fitness and exercise and a game centered around fashion.

@ Ffamran Ffamran Um.....how did you like this post right before I posted it....?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The event with Miss Fit versus two Warios, that's the one that always gets me.

Maybe it's because Miss Fit is the only character that I can't play as for the life of me.

Watch TKBreezy and he'll show you how to play as Wii Fit Trainer. Something about the flow or something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, though, I do think it's time for a changing of the guard. Nintendo's OBVIOUSLY not gonna let Smash die, even if Sakurai's not involved. It'd be brain-dead level stupidity to do so. Add in that Sakurai's made questionable decisions in the past and that his arm injury nearly killed him, and the fact that he's burnt out as far as Smash is concerned, and I think it's entirely for the best if a new director takes the helm.
Taking out the questionable decisions part because I hate seeing that crap and only leaving other nicer stuff, I think he needs a break

Last edited:

Soul.

Meh, it's still too early to think about the next Smash.
inb4 no handheld version despite the 3DS version as a whole being well received and not everyone has the time to play in a home console pls dont hurt me
Once Sakurai finishes Mewtwo, he can take a break and work again. lol. Eh. What am I even saying.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I made a support thread for the Happy Mask Salesman over a year ago and the mods locked it for some reason.

Now someone else has made a new support thread.

Mods please.

D

Deleted member

Meh, it's still too early to think about the next Smash.
inb4 no handheld version despite the 3DS version as a whole being well received and not everyone has the time to play in a home console pls dont hurt me
Once Sakurai finishes Mewtwo, he can take a break and work again. lol. Eh. What am I even saying.
But what if Mewtwo does well? More DLC characters and he wouldn't take a real break then.
I would like to see another handheld and console Smash Bros. games but it's too early to talk about it like you said.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Taking out the questionable decisions part because I hate seeing that crap and only leaving other nicer stuff, I think he needs a break
Of course he's made questionable decisions. He's human.

He's not some infallible demigod exempt from being questioned. He's just another guy. I don't see how calling some of his decisions "questionable" is uncalled for or isn't nice. I just call it as I see it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But what if Mewtwo does well? More DLC characters and he wouldn't take a real break then.
I would like to see another handheld and console Smash Bros. games but it's too early to talk about it like you said.
Have others do the work while he supervises? He could be a puppeteer or something. Do this, change that, etc.

Last edited:

Soul.

I dunno, it's best for him to only do Mewtwo regardless of expectations. It's for the better.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whew. LOOOOOOOOONG and tiring day. First an 8 hour shift at work, heading to GameStop right after work to preorder New Nintendo 3DS XL (red) & The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, then watched the Nintendo Direct, then watched Big Hero 6 (great film), and now I'm here. *YAWN*

Anywho, my thoughts on the Nintendo Direct:

- Like I posted, I preordered New Nintendo 3DS XL before watching the Direct (didn't realize that it's XL but I'll give a shot since I really want a New 3DS).
- The Wii games thing was cool but I already have all 3 shown (and pretty much all other major Nintendo releases)
- Tingle & Young Link in Hyrule Warriors has all my yeses!
- Gonna need to buy a 32GB microSD card for the New 3DS (I found a store having one on sale for $20)
- Splatoon is a big **** YES and the new content helped that even more
- Majora's Mask 3D is all my want
- The rest of the Direct I honestly don't care

February 13, 2015: The day my wallet gets man-slaughtered. :<

D

Deleted member

Have others do the work while he supervises? He could be a puppeteer or something. Do this, change that, etc.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that sort of thing. Being a supervisor / adviser on the next games if he doesn't direct them.

I dunno, it's best for him to only do Mewtwo regardless of expectations. It's for the better.
I guess that's for the best. Mewtwo will be a success obviously.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Of course he's made questionable decisions. He's human.

He's not some infallible demigod exempt from being questioned. He's just another guy. I don't see how calling some of his decisions "questionable" is uncalled for or isn't nice. I just call it as I see it.
I guess its because I'm just too nice for my own god. He did hurt himself for us, I don't like speaking ill of those that hurt themselves for other people

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess its because I'm just too nice for my own god. He did hurt himself for us, I don't like speaking ill of those that hurt themselves for other people
But even then, it's not speaking ill of him. It's just giving criticism. In most cases, it'd be worse to not give the criticism, as it wouldn't show where improvement can be used.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Whew. LOOOOOOOOONG and tiring day. First an 8 hour shift at work, heading to GameStop right after work to preorder New Nintendo 3DS XL (red) & The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, then watched the Nintendo Direct, then watched Big Hero 6 (great film), and now I'm here. *YAWN*

Anywho, my thoughts on the Nintendo Direct:

- Like I posted, I preordered New Nintendo 3DS XL before watching the Direct (didn't realize that it's XL but I'll give a shot since I really want a New 3DS).
- The Wii games thing was cool but I already have all 3 shown (and pretty much all other major Nintendo releases)
- Tingle & Young Link in Hyrule Warriors has all my yeses!
- Gonna need to buy a 32GB microSD card for the New 3DS (I found a store having one on sale for $20)
- Splatoon is a big **** YES and the new content helped that even more
- Majora's Mask 3D is all my want
- The rest of the Direct I honestly don't care

February 13, 2015: The day my wallet gets man-slaughtered. :<
February 13th.
Less than a week before my birthday.
The timing on the february releases are always great.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I guess that's for the best. Mewtwo will be a success obviously.
Judging by the reactions, idk if mewtwo will be successful. They were pretty mixed :troll:

At 35:57, D1's reaction says it all. He's clearly meh about mewtwo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But even then, it's not speaking ill of him. It's just giving criticism. In most cases, it'd be worse to not give the criticism, as it wouldn't show where improvement can be used.
I know but as I said. I'm too nice for my own good and it is my downfall sometimes lol. I respect your criticisms to him though and I wont stop you from making them

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But can you create your dream boyfriend, and dress him up in fabulous clothing?
Since that feature was introduced in the updated version of Trendsetters, I'm pretty sure they might bring it back in the 3rd game. That could be a great way of widening their audience for those who wouldn't want to create just a female.

You know what games are real popular? The Nintendogs games.
Do we have a Nintendogs character? Nope.
Are we likely to ever get a Nintendogs character? Nope.

Some franchises are just not made for combatants in Smash. And no, Wii Fit Trainer isn't a valid counterpoint in this circumstance due to the differences in nature between a game centered around fitness and exercise and a game centered around fashion.

@ Ffamran Ffamran Um.....how did you like this post right before I posted it....?
All of this plus the fact that PETA might be up to their usual Nintendo bashing schemes if they were to ever have a realistic dog being pushed around in Smash. While they did attack them once because of the idea of Pokemon might relate to **** fighting, they would be even more angry if this game were to encourage kids to start beating their live action puppies.

All PETA hating aside, I still want the mother****ing T-Rex in Smash one day since Fossil Fighters need more love. :awesome:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even I criticize the things I like. Remember Cars 2? :smirk:

D

Deleted member

One thing I don't get about the "Mewtwo is used to gauge how successful DLC is" logic as opposed to the "Mewtwo is used to sample how DLC would function" logic Sakurai's statement comes off as when I read it is this:

How would the "success" be measured? With Mewtwo being a free gift to those who purchased both games and had them registered by the promotional period, the only possible revenue to gauge Mewtwo's "success" is through the people that weren't able to get Mewtwo for free once the promotional period is over.

I'm seriously asking.

EDIT: And, considering the character in question is Mewtwo, even if the "success" is measureable, it doesn't give any implication on how other characters would fare. It's like using the results of a taste-test for filet mignon to conclude that any ol' meat would be given the same fanfare be it prime rib or a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, there's no doubt Mewtwo would be well received. Don't let those who say "B-BUT HE SUCKED IN MELEE!!!!" fool you. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
One thing I don't get about the "Mewtwo is used to gauge how successful DLC is" logic as opposed to the "Mewtwo is used to sample how DLC would function" logic Sakurai's statement comes off as when I read it is this:

How would the "success" be measured? With Mewtwo being a free gift to those who purchased both games and had them registered by the promotional period, the only possible revenue to gauge Mewtwo's "success" is through the people that weren't able to get Mewtwo for free once the promotional period is over.

I'm seriously asking.
DLC purchase a few months later? But even then, I bet alot of people mentioned both versions for Mewtwo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The majority of my interest in Splatoon is the character customization.

I can't wait to see just how many outfits there are.

So many combinations.

All of my yes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm seriously asking.
That's actually a very valid point.

And I'm actually not sure at all either. Perhaps through the number that answered "The Mewtwo DLC greatly affected my purchase" question on the Club Nintendo survey?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah, I highly doubt the Mewtwo DLC would be a big flop. Sakurai's had enough time to make it, so he's probably had enough time to fix his moveset if needed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This censoring has me laughing so dang hard XD XD
Now that I look at it, it can easily be interpreted as anything other that "**** fighting" like "**** fighting" or "**** fighting". The funny things that you can pull off with Smashboards censorship. :laugh:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Now that I look at it, it can easily be interpreted as anything other that "**** fighting" like "**** fighting" or "**** fighting". The funny things that you can pull off with Smashboards censorship. :laugh:
Exactly. It can mean so many other things XD

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh god...
He's... he's begun to ascend...
What, you don't know?
The legends...
They say that if you like enough posts in a row, you'll eventually start to become better and better, faster and faster, until finally, you ascend into the heart of Smashboards.
Soon he'll be within the system, within the boards, and within our minds.
We have to stop him.
Before it's too late, and he likes us all to death.
Please exercise caution around @ Ffamran Ffamran , also be careful around @crazyal02. I think he might be a member of the enemy party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom