• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Watch Mewtwo be one of top DLC Ninty has ever made.
Considering they started creating DLC with Fire Emblem Awakening, then it shouldn't be too hard :troll:
Well, Ohio State won the national title last night, something I wasn't expecting even though I root for them. I thought they were going to lose after seeing what Oregon did to FSU. But the #1 rule is - any team can win on any given day.
As a sad Crimson Tide supporter I wanted to see Oregon destroy the Buckeyes. But congrats to Ohio State

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Characters from the previous games although I'm not really even that sure at this point. Even though I miss the Ice Climbers, the return of Mewtwo and friggin' Dr. Mario of all people shows that it it is entirely possible for them to come back later anyways so there really isn't a point to make them DLC now (although having to wait 5-6 more years for their return is kind of a bummer). I can see Wolf coming back in the future too but I'm pretty sure everyone else is done-ski anyways. Roy and Lucas were Japanese exclusives, Pichu was just terrible, there isn't much of a point for Squirtle and Ivysaur to be stand alone characters, and Snake is pretty much self explanitory.
I think Ice Climbers have a pretty big chance to return as DLC, actually. Considering the fact they didn't prioritize them when they didn't work due to time constraints and the fact they didn't have a "future" with DLC they could take extra care to figure out how they could be made to work on 3DS.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Ice Climbers have a pretty big chance to return as DLC, actually. Considering the fact they didn't prioritize them when they didn't work due to time constraints and the fact they didn't have a "future" with DLC they could take extra care to figure out how they could be made to work on 3DS.
Possibly but, as said, I feel that they're going to come back eventually either way so I'm not all too worried about them. It would be great if they did become DLC though.

Soul.

inb4 Ice Climbers are Smash 4 Falco levels of viability because of chain grab loss. Everyone has tears of joy after seeing an Ice Climber revival and say "#NEVERSTOPCLIMBING" because lol.
....Magikarp jokes aren't funny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

inb4 Ice Climbers are Smash 4 Falco levels of viability because of chain grab loss. Everyone has tears of joy after seeing an Ice Climber revival and say "#NEVERSTOPCLIMBING" because lol.
....Magikarp jokes aren't funny.
Why isn't there an Ice Climber 2 then? :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is on I-65 towards Montgomery:

We have stuff like this in Missouri too, especially the southern part of the state. Where I live, there are billboards like this about every five minutes down the highway.

Since Smash 4 will likely have a long life anyway, I don't see why there can't be lots of new stuff for it.
Maybe but who knows? There seems to be low interest in doing a lot of Smash DLC despite the fact that it would probably earn an absurd amount of money for Nintendo,

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
We have stuff like in Missouri too, especially the southern part of the state. Where I live, there are billboards like this about every five minutes down the highway.

Maybe but who knows? There seems to be low interest in doing a lot of Smash DLC despite the fact that it would probably earn an absurd amount of money for Nintendo,
I'm probably one of the most heavily-religious people on the site, and those billboards embarrass the hell out of me, no pun intended.

When the American Atheist Society started putting up similar hostile billboards last month, my thoughts immediately turned to embarrassments like that right there as to how they got the idea.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Low interest from Sakurai? Well, that makes sense, considering making Smash 4 seemed to cause him an unreasonable amount of pain. Maybe he could just kind of oversee any new content.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, the truth is, I don't expect Paper Mario stuff tomorrow, but I still hope it :)

Like, I got that all the games so far has been announced at conferences events and of course, E3 is a big one. Spm was actualy announced at an E3 so....I think I should expect the same here.

But you know, they can go early and give us stuff right?

Right?

ok....maybe....

Still hype though :)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm probably one of the most heavily-religious people on the site, and those billboards embarrass the hell out of me, no pun intended.

When the American Atheist Society started putting up similar hostile billboards last month, my thoughts immediately turned to embarrassments like that right there as to how they got the idea.
go 2 school or the spaghetti yeti will get u

Soul.

I don't know. I blame the intellectual for making them good and then make people care for them when these two games were announced.
just so you know i'm joking so please don't take this seriously

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Low interest from Sakurai? Well, that makes sense, considering making Smash 4 seemed to cause him an unreasonable amount of pain. Maybe he could just kind of oversee any new content.
Which I think he should do anyways instead of trying to make each game his personal project given the nature of the series is a massive collaboration anyways. Of the 50+ characters in SSB4, only four are really "his" (the Kirby characters and Dark Pit) so I don't think it's necessary for him to oversee everything like he does. I don't think making these games would be nearly as stressful for him if he actually shared the workload more.

D

Deleted member

I doubt it, but it's possible. I'd say since Miyamoto said this is the year of StarFox, Wolf and Krystal have a decent shot. It's not likely to be announced during this direct, but still.
How many times do I have to ****ing tell you that he never legitimately claimed a "Year of Star Fox"?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yes, definitely. I never thought Miyamoto of all people could perfectly ruin a game. But yet, we have Sticker Star.
Can I say that maybe it was just a good idea gone wrong...?

Because, hey, it was different, but not crappy like CD-i or anything.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I know you're joking, but seriously, why isn't there an Ice Climber 2? You'd think their popularity would spike at least a bit after Melee gave them their unique characteristics.

I'm still upset that this will never be anything more than an obvious hoax...

Can I say that maybe it was just a good idea gone wrong...?

Because, hey, it was different, but not crappy like CD-i or anything.
The CD-i games actually got good reviews at the time of their release... I actually would buy a Virtual Console version of them.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, while I was at a grocery store. I found a frozen cake pop with the flavor "YOLO Chocolate". I swear I'm not making this up.
Edit:
Here's proof.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Which I think he should do anyways instead of trying to make each game his personal project given the nature of the series is a massive collaboration anyways. Of the 50+ characters in SSB4, only four are really "his" (the Kirby characters and Dark Pit) so I don't think it's necessary for him to oversee everything like he does. I don't think making these games would be nearly as stressful for him if he actually shared the workload more.
I agree. One of my biggest problems with Sakurai in general is that he does this, which not only makes working on the game hard for him because he does all the work, but also because when fans get upset with the game, he gets 100% of the blame. Not Nintendo, not any of the other parties involved, it's always Sakurai's fault. Nobody deserves that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know you're joking, but seriously, why isn't there an Ice Climber 2? You'd think their popularity would spike at least a bit after Melee gave them their unique characteristics.

The CD-i games actually got good reviews at the time of their release... I actually would buy a Virtual Console version of them.
I'm telling you, we need an Ice Climbers game that combines Journey and TLoU.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I agree. One of my biggest problems with Sakurai in general is that he does this, which not only makes working on the game hard for him because he does all the work, but also because when fans get upset with the game, he gets 100% of the blame. Not Nintendo, not any of the other parties involved, it's always Sakurai's fault. Nobody deserves that.
I always blame Shaya for my problems.

Soul.

I'm telling you, we need an Ice Climbers game that combines Journey and TLoU.
So everyone else is sick and the Ice Climbers have to find a way to cure that illness? I dunno, that was part of the plot in TLoU but I really don't care about PlayStation.

D

Deleted member

Meh, I don't see it happening to be honest. I guess it could make sense to release a sequel to make up for their Smash 4 removal.. however.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So everyone else is sick and the Ice Climbers have to find a way to cure that illness? I dunno, that was part of the plot in TLoU but I really don't care about PlayStation.
Wasn't that the plot of Balto? Trying to deliver a cure to where an epidemic broke out in the Arctic?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
They need to make an Ice Climbers game where they happen upon the long dormant human incarnation of a cosmic being and set off on a journey with him to restore peace to the four kingdoms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom