• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I expect Nintendo to announce a DLC newcomer for Smash Bros. guys. The newcomer is Non-Specific Action Figure.
Too bad lol the only DLC is Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

I expect Nintendo to announce a DLC newcomer for Smash Bros. guys. The newcomer is Non-Specific Action Figure.
Too bad lol the only DLC is Mewtwo.
Wait, so it's 2012 rather than 2015? This was a fake year all along? A conspiracy?!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're getting any DLC reveal, it will be one that everyone snaps at for not being what they wanted.
It's the only possible scenario I can see happening.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's too bad. It's also too bad that I wasted my time in 2012 watching competitive B/W matches on YouTube.
2012 was the worst year of the decade in my opinion. It just wasn't good to begin with. It might have been a great year for others though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nothing to do with the direct but that jerk with the rosalina amiibos may have not thought this all the way through

1 what if the rosalia amiibos ended up being a common one

2 35K will probably help making more of them

3 the press may find the guy (a better term is nintendo can you know just like with the leakerbut in this case not being fair with the fans for forbidding them from having rosalina amiibos.)

D

Deleted member

Honestly, 2014 probably the worst year of my adult life.
Really? Wow. For me 2014 wasn't bad. That year's December 31 was pure gold IMO.
2012 was bad for a couple of reasons (basing it on both what happened in the Internet and in real life). It just felt dark and gritty compared to 2010 and 2011.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, 2014 probably the worst year of my adult life.
Me too. Well, except for the adult part, seeing as a technicality it's the only year of my adult life.
I probably don't need to elaborate?

That was now confirmed fake
Mewtwo tail was missing on the character select version of his portrait
I think you're missing the point...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Me too. Well, except for the adult part, seeing as a technicality it's the only year of my adult life.
I probably don't need to elaborate?

I think you're missing the point...
No im not

Sakurai stated to a T

Hes said hes not doing dlc until mewtwo passes it

(He said mewtwo is a test if dlc is a good thing to add to smash or not hes not making any dlc unless mewtwo makes it good)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Personally I was thinking of someone that no one remembers, and didn't care about till now. For example:

Do you remember him? Does anyone? Probably not. And that's why he's perfect for DLC.
Hey, it's Tamagon! From that game nobody played!

Now guess who this is:

R0Y

Smash Master
Personally I was thinking of someone that no one remembers, and didn't care about till now. For example:

Do you remember him? Does anyone? Probably not. And that's why he's perfect for DLC.
2Satanic4Me

Thanks Bible Belt.

Really I want an official release of this. Only physical one was in Japan and Scandinavia. Rest of Europe got it on VC though.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There are two explanations for that

1. Mewtwo's moveset was reconstructed, and announcement of his final smash.
2. Discussion about how DLC characters will affect already used material such as trophies and challenges.
Inb4 Mewtwo has the same moveset as Melee and these forums erupt with an explosion of butthurt that makes Pompeii look like a can of biscuits popping in comparision.

Are you guys expecting another DLC character? Just asking.
Yes but I'm not expecting an announcement until E3. At this point, I think DLC for this game will be reserved for cut characters and any new character ideas will simply be saved until the next game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes but I'm not expecting an announcement until E3. At this point, I think DLC for this game will be reserved for cut characters and any new character ideas will simply be saved until the next game.
When you say that, do you mean cut characters from just previous games, or also newcomers that were scrapped?

Soul.

Frozen is overrated
It always was. Since 2014. Meh. That movie is so boring.
Inb4 Mewtwo has the same moveset as Melee and these forums erupt with an explosion of butthurt that makes Pompeii look like a can of biscuits popping in comparision.

If Mewtwo has its Melee moveset I'm not going to care because honestly, the only good thing about it was the up throw. Nothing else. Every other move was just...meh.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. New characters are saved for the next game(s). But out of all the cut characters I only see Mewtwo returning DLC-wise. I can't think of some other character returning.

inb4IceClimbers.

Soul.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. New characters are saved for the next game(s). But out of all the cut characters I only see Mewtwo returning DLC-wise. I can't think of some other character returning.

inb4IceClimbers.
inb4 Everyone still blames the 3DS for their exclusion not knowing they haven't had a revival for almost 30 years and their only game has been ported every single time like Pac-Man (arcade), also because they haven't had a revival they are in a disadvantage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

inb4 Everyone still blames the 3DS for their exclusion not knowing they haven't had a revival for almost 30 years and their only game has been ported every single time like Pac-Man (arcade), also because they haven't had a revival they are in a disadvantage.
Well, at least Pac-Man has other kinds of games too. He's just better known because of the arcade game. :troll:
Don't get me started on Ghostly Adventures...

Soul.

Well, at least Pac-Man has other kinds of games too. He's just better known because of the arcade game. :troll:
Don't get me started on Ghostly Adventures...
Ghostly Adventures is trash. That new Pac-Man is bad, the supporting characters are bad, the theme song is bad. Everything about it is bad.
Yeah, Pac-Man is only famous because of the arcade game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When you say that, do you mean cut characters from just previous games, or also newcomers that were scrapped?
Characters from the previous games although I'm not really even that sure at this point. Even though I miss the Ice Climbers, the return of Mewtwo and friggin' Dr. Mario of all people shows that it it is entirely possible for them to come back later anyways so there really isn't a point to make them DLC now (although having to wait 5-6 more years for their return is kind of a bummer). I can see Wolf coming back in the future too but I'm pretty sure everyone else is done-ski anyways. Roy and Lucas were Japanese exclusives, Pichu was just terrible, there isn't much of a point for Squirtle and Ivysaur to be stand alone characters, and Snake is pretty much self explanitory.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, Ohio State won the national title last night, something I wasn't expecting even though I root for them. I thought they were going to lose after seeing what Oregon did to FSU. But the #1 rule is - any team can win on any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom