• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Target smash will be reintroduced in the future and instead of traditional targets it will be Ridleys!

Morbi

Scavenger
...ok, then did you knew this?

pasted from an Iwata ask:

Tanabe
Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world.

Iwata
That's a difficult task. In some ways that would be the exact opposite direction from recent games in the series.

Tanabe
Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario24 game in Club Nintendo25, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip26move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

Source: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/2

I will just let you react and if you haven;t changed, then I have nothing to say, but really, with how much this game makes me extremely worried, you should not discourage me to support not liking it....seriously, it in fact makes my worries worse....
If I surveyed individuals and not even one percent of them thought that my story was interesting, I would probably give up on writing too. That being said, the response they were given should probably motivate them to write a better story, not forgo it entirely. I guess we have to stick to normal Mario for those deep, compelling and intricate narratives that we have come to enjoy and expect.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I surveyed individuals and not even one percent of them thought that my story was interesting, I would probably give up on writing too. That being said, the response they were given should probably motivate them to write a better story, not forgo it entirely. I guess we have to stick to normal Mario for those deep, compelling and intricate narratives that we have come to enjoy and expect.
Last story I knew of was Rosas and I didnt even pay attention to that story

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
well....there;s just a big contradiction actually and even quite proved.

First, spm was quite known to have a very deep story and a realy good one. From personal experience, when I was first talking of thinking to get spm, that was the first argument I got, the story.

But I realised soon enough that this was quite a popular opinion.

Even more, on the last summer, they asked a question about whay would be your favorite paper Mario game. Now, this was as I would expect TTYD then pm64, but spm was mentioned occasionally (long sotry short, I think spm is underrated).

The thing is, the story was mentioned a lot when it was mentioned.

it's like, this was months after and maybe a year after this interview.....there's a problem here.

In fact, why do you think they shut down club nintendo?

I mean, don't get me wrong, but being for coins....it is rushed a lot....I will admit that I even did on some....

Or I totally missed your point and you were being sarcastic, but I really have trouble to grasp sarcasm in your post sometime....

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, at least the M&L series got their 4th game right.
I hope the Paper Mario series does better with it's 5th game (Whenever that may be)

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
If game and watch had a 2nd rep, which character do you want it to be, and why?
Popeye, or some other G&W character?

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Would anyone like a wallpaper like the one I posted? If so just gib mi your desired characters and alternate colors if any

:yoshimelee:
:yoshi64:

D

Deleted member

If game and watch had a 2nd rep, which character do you want it to be, and why?
Popeye, or some other G&W character?
I don't really know. Game and Watch doesn't really have any original characters other than :4gaw: himself. I could be wrong but yeah.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is it even possible? I mean, Mr. G&W already encapsulates the franchise pretty well. What else could one do?
I was going to write this....maybe if we think enough....

euh....a g&w console?

but honestly, if you think about it, it has one pros and one con:

pros: it would give weird and even more silly moves where you would see more complex attacks move animation than mr g&w

cons: in the end, it;s like an extension to g&w.....so it's like a semi cloneor?

yeah, it;s well repped, lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I got Super Mario Land and Donkey Kong Jr. out of the rewards.
Now whether or not I'll regret said decision I don't know yet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was going to write this....maybe if we think enough....

euh....a g&w console?

but honestly, if you think about it, it has one pros and one con:

pros: it would give weird and even more silly moves where you would see more complex attacks move animation than mr g&w

cons: in the end, it;s like an extension to g&w.....so it's like a semi cloneor?

yeah, it;s well repped, lol.
Well it's not like they couldn't. It's just he already represents quite of the franchise (and this is including Flat Zone). So there's not much else to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom