• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I have to confess it: I was very annoyed to do one because of my obvious bias.

I only did one with a huge essay post because I was thinking Paper Mario had chances with the stage. That's really the only reason I did a complete roster. Like, if you think about it, if I was trying to predict a roster, I would realistically not put Paper Mario because he has chances....but not THAT much. However, I want him so much that it can't NOT turn out into bias.

So, my confession is that I internally didn't liked any roster that had huge amount, but not Paper Mario.

I really was that much bias. Tough, I would still be today, this is a perfect example of a roster I would silently not like. Especially with the exaggerated amount of characters....it just hurst me internally, lol.

Yeah, I'm a great supporter....but speculator....that's another thing.
I never made one either, but if I did, it would have been 90% accurate. :shades:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Speaking of the older times, remember when people used to say lucario was broken and OP and was brainlessly no skilled?
Oh wait...

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I think I have to confess it: I was very annoyed to do one because of my obvious bias.

I only did one with a huge essay post because I was thinking Paper Mario had chances with the stage. That's really the only reason I did a complete roster. Like, if you think about it, if I was trying to predict a roster, I would realistically not put Paper Mario because he has chances....but not THAT much. However, I want him so much that it can't NOT turn out into bias.

So, my confession is that I internally didn't liked any roster that had huge amount, but not Paper Mario.

I really was that much bias. Tough, I would still be today, this is a perfect example of a roster I would silently not like. Especially with the exaggerated amount of characters....it just hurst me internally, lol.

I too would've wanted Paper Mario. TTYD and Super Paper Mario had sooo much to offer in order to have Paper Mario have such a cool, fun, and unique move set. (Haven't played the N64 or 3DS ones but I assume TTYD and Super Paper Mario were way more popular) But it also doesn't make sense to have a Paper Mario Stage and no Paper Mario....I suppose is just to support the series:/

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I have a one in nineteen chance of winning, this might be the first thing that I have ever won in my entire life. I did not even get a purple ribbon in elementary school for participation... because I left early. :crying:
This isn't the only one I'll be doing :yoshimelee: I'll hold onto this list and do more soon after hopefully.

:yoshimelee:
:yoshi64:

Morbi

Scavenger
I too would've wanted Paper Mario. TTYD and Super Paper Mario had sooo much to offer in order to have Paper Mario have such a cool, fun, and unique move set. (Haven't played the N64 or 3DS ones but I assume TTYD and Super Paper Mario were way more popular) But it also doesn't make sense to have a Paper Mario Stage and no Paper Mario....I suppose is just to support the series:/
Just pick Mario on the character selection screen and pretend that he is two dimensional. I do that for Black Shadow sometimes, I pretend that Ganondorf is Black Shadow. I mean, back in my day, we had to pretend that Donkey Kong was Bowser!

D

Deleted member

Just pick Mario on the character selection screen and pretend that he is two dimensional. I do that for Black Shadow sometimes, I pretend that Ganondorf is Black Shadow. I mean, back in my day, we had to pretend that Donkey Kong was Bowser!
Playing Flat Zone 2 / X would help on that regard. Oh, I am stating the obvious. Never mind.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Knowing me, I would of just added villager and left every other stop empty for others imagination.
Being biased is not fun

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I'm sorry to tell you but I would think that's sad....wait i sometimes pretend Sonic is Shadow

If you're not on the list, let me know if you want to enter

Waitwaitwait I wanna be in it tooooo (What is it...)

D

Deleted member

Well at least ! now know my targets competitors.
Now if you excuse me, I need to run some errands...
Big question is, who will win in The Amazing Race? One week left and we'll find out soon™ enough.

@ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 You're incorrectly named as ZeldaMaster1 on the list. I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, if you wish to, I could invinte you in the group :)

now as for the stage, this wasn't a bad thing at all, because from what I get, it's in the end a very big deal to have one.

Now, this gives me hope for the series. ssb4 honestly would be the start, but I think it would go further if ever a new game is announced.

Btw, pm64....is quite special imo. Basically, TTYD is pm64 2.0 and I don't think I give any shocks here. It doesn't mean pm64 is bad, but it does mean it's less plished but again, for completely understandable reasons : hardware.

The system was very limited. In fact, I learned how n64 stores thing and it;s not like GC where you have files and folder under a filesystem, it's just one files that has everything crunched in it. It's heavilly compressed, but the whole game is like 45 mb, this is ridiculously low considering TTYD is like 500-600 mb which is even half of the maximum they could do with a GC disc....

The effects it got is you have lack of stuff that when you play TTYD, you realise that the game's awesome, but could have been better. Now, you also have to add the first instalement factor, it was a first step experience so I can expect to be far from perfect, but here, for a first step, it;s really awesome.

So, I basically tell you that if you love the series, you could get pm64 on VC (I think it's like 250 on club nintendo now). Since you played what would be imo the 2 best games (with pm64 being extremely close to spm, almost equal), well, you don't have to, but I still reccomend to play pm64. It;s just that you do have to expect TTYD, with less stuff. Like the battles, there;s no crowd so it made the action command a bit too simple.....you do the commeand and that's it. Stylish isn't there....that;s a bit sad, but that's how it is.

However, I'll never say it enough, you do not want to touch the 3ds one. And seriosuly, even if it's 700 on club nintendo, get pm64 and other games because from someone who played spm, you will be EXTREMELY doubtfull on the game...I think you'll not like if I tell you stuff on it so I rather not and just reccommend to not touch the 3ds one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
However, I'll never say it enough, you do not want to touch the 3ds one. And seriosuly, even if it's 700 on club nintendo, get pm64 and other games because from someone who played spm, you will be EXTREMELY doubtfull on the game...I think you'll not like if I tell you stuff on it so I rather not and just reccommend to not touch the 3ds one.
Oh come on, SS is NOT that bad. And yes, I have played Super Paper Mario. Criticize me all you want, I like Sticker Star, Mr. "I love everything about Paper Mario so I know everything about paper mario"
Presumably the same folks who wanted to trademark "candy".
So Assholes?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh come on, SS is NOT that bad. And yes, I have played Super Paper Mario. Criticize me all you want, I like Sticker Star.

So *******s?
...ok, then did you knew this?

pasted from an Iwata ask:

Tanabe
Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world.

Iwata
That's a difficult task. In some ways that would be the exact opposite direction from recent games in the series.

Tanabe
Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario24 game in Club Nintendo25, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip26move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

Source: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/2

I will just let you react and if you haven;t changed, then I have nothing to say, but really, with how much this game makes me extremely worried, you should not discourage me to support not liking it....seriously, it in fact makes my worries worse....

EDIT: ok, with the latest edit you did to your post....I just would rather not talk to you.

seriously, you had to edit to write this....

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
...ok, then did you knew this?

pasted from an Iwata ask:

Tanabe
Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world.

Iwata
That's a difficult task. In some ways that would be the exact opposite direction from recent games in the series.

Tanabe
Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario24 game in Club Nintendo25, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip26move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

Source: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/2

I will just let you react and if you haven;t changed, then I have nothing to say, but really, with how much this game makes me extremely worried, you should not discourage me to support not liking it....seriously, it in fact makes my worries worse....
So its bad that I like a game that is panned?, I'll keep that in mind next time I talk about game I like here :4villagerf:

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Actually, if you wish to, I could invinte you in the group :)

now as for the stage, this wasn't a bad thing at all, because from what I get, it's in the end a very big deal to have one.

Now, this gives me hope for the series. ssb4 honestly would be the start, but I think it would go further if ever a new game is announced.

Btw, pm64....is quite special imo. Basically, TTYD is pm64 2.0 and I don't think I give any shocks here. It doesn't mean pm64 is bad, but it does mean it's less plished but again, for completely understandable reasons : hardware.

The system was very limited. In fact, I learned how n64 stores thing and it;s not like GC where you have files and folder under a filesystem, it's just one files that has everything crunched in it. It's heavilly compressed, but the whole game is like 45 mb, this is ridiculously low considering TTYD is like 500-600 mb which is even half of the maximum they could do with a GC disc....

The effects it got is you have lack of stuff that when you play TTYD, you realise that the game's awesome, but could have been better. Now, you also have to add the first instalement factor, it was a first step experience so I can expect to be far from perfect, but here, for a first step, it;s really awesome.

So, I basically tell you that if you love the series, you could get pm64 on VC (I think it's like 250 on club nintendo now). Since you played what would be imo the 2 best games (with pm64 being extremely close to spm, almost equal), well, you don't have to, but I still reccomend to play pm64. It;s just that you do have to expect TTYD, with less stuff. Like the battles, there;s no crowd so it made the action command a bit too simple.....you do the commeand and that's it. Stylish isn't there....that;s a bit sad, but that's how it is.

Yes add me in thank you. I'll try to keep what you said in mind. Also, Ive nevr played super star forgot to mention, BUT TTYD, best money I ever spent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom