• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
In fact I rage quitted because of the lag.

Having every action have a second delay is not fun.

It's not you, it's the connection, so don't worry. The worst part is that my connection is wired with high speed internet, so in theory I should of had the best connection possible.
Same for me. The servers of "For Friends" must have less quality than the FG ones. That's a shame, because most matches I do with people are through online. And since FG is super boring and doesn't make you progress a lot, it's problematic to have laggy matches. I swear, that :4rob: vs :4drmario: would have been 10 times better if we had a better connection.

But anyway, you need to practice :4shulk: more. I think the thing you need to work is the order of monados. I saw a lot of good Shulks doing a specific order with him. It's generally "Speed" at first to quickly do combo, "Damage" to grind and "Smash" to get the stock. "Jump" is only here for recovery and "Shield" is usually used after you get a stock. Maybe you already know this, but I just wanted to point it out. Also, don't do Dsmash a lot with Shulk. It's super punishable when blocked or failed.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Or it's just IGN having a big problem in their minds. :troll:
You might be right, their God Hand review is just wrong in so many ways. Hell, you can even tell they didn't get too far in the game. And the typos.

One of the many reasons not to take gaming journalism seriously anymore.

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Porky actually has a real story, Here's why:
He was Ness' next door neighbor and was abused by his parents which caused him to bully others (mostly Ness). As a result, none of the neighborhood kids really wanted to play with him and Ness was his only true friend. In EarthBound/Mother 2, after Ness set off on his journey, Porky somehow fell under the influence of the Mani Mani Statue along with the rest of Happy Happy Village. After Ness defeated Mr. Carpainter, Porky actually reveals that he was under the influence of the Statue and asks for Ness to forgive him. Ness doesn't say anything and Porky runs off in sadness because he knows he just lost his only friend. (Note: The US version of the game actually redid the text to take this out and turn it into more of a joke on Porky's part. In the original Japanese version, Ness actually did refuse to forgive Porky.) Porky soon began to grow jealous of Paula, Jeff, and Poo, Ness' new friends and "allied" with Giygas to destroy him. However, it was clear from the final battle of EarthBound that Porky wasn't really loyal to Giygas and he was using him in an attempt to kill Ness and his friends. He just ran away when Giygas was defeated instead of attempting to help him. Its then made evident that he's gone somewhere else to wreck havoc in the epilogue. In Mother 3, it was revealed that he actually traveled to the Nowhere Islands and became the Great Pig King who reintroduced technology into a world which was almost destroyed by it. Its also clearly depicted that he misses Ness as Ness' Yo-Yo is in a glass case in his playroom, he is showing a movie about Ness' journey in New Pork City, and he has a whole museum dedicated to things Ness' encountered in Mother 2 in the Empire Porky Building. Porky had driven himself insane out of sadness and anger and that combined with the abuse his parents and the loss of Ness, his only friend, caused him to take his anger out on the Nowhere Islands and its residents when, at heart, he's just a lonely kid who wants his best friend back.
Porky has a story, a very sad one, and it makes him like unlike every other Nintendo. Sure, if your just played Mother 3, it seems he didn't have that much of a story, but Mother 2 is where his backstory is.

I was thinking of either Super Mario Land or The Last Ranger (though I didn't really care for the first one).
Super Mario, The Last Rangers Land.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Porky actually has a real story, Here's why:
He was Ness' next door neighbor and was abused by his parents which caused him to bully others (mostly Ness). As a result, none of the neighborhood kids really wanted to play with him and Ness was his only true friend. In EarthBound/Mother 2, after Ness set off on his journey, Porky somehow fell under the influence of the Mani Mani Statue along with the rest of Happy Happy Village. After Ness defeated Mr. Carpainter, Porky actually reveals that he was under the influence of the Statue and asks for Ness to forgive him. Ness doesn't say anything and Porky runs off in sadness because he knows he just lost his only friend. (Note: The US version of the game actually redid the text to take this out and turn it into more of a joke on Porky's part. In the original Japanese version, Ness actually did refuse to forgive Porky.) Porky soon began to grow jealous of Paula, Jeff, and Poo, Ness' new friends and "allied" with Giygas to destroy him. However, it was clear from the final battle of EarthBound that Porky wasn't really loyal to Giygas and he was using him in an attempt to kill Ness and his friends. He just ran away when Giygas was defeated instead of attempting to help him. Its then made evident that he's gone somewhere else to wreck havoc in the epilogue. In Mother 3, it was revealed that he actually traveled to the Nowhere Islands and became the Great Pig King who reintroduced technology into a world which was almost destroyed by it. Its also clearly depicted that he misses Ness as Ness' Yo-Yo is in a glass case in his playroom, he is showing a movie about Ness' journey in New Pork City, and he has a whole museum dedicated to things Ness' encountered in Mother 2 in the Empire Porky Building. Porky had driven himself insane out of sadness and anger and that combined with the abuse his parents and the loss of Ness, his only friend, caused him to take his anger out on the Nowhere Islands and its residents when, at heart, he's just a lonely kid who wants his best friend back.
Porky has a story, a very sad one, and it makes him like unlike every other Nintendo. Sure, if your just played Mother 3, it seems he didn't have that much of a story, but Mother 2 is where his backstory is.
I thought his backstory was pretty clear.

D

Deleted member

HA! My copy of Radiant Dawn was used, but it allowed me to register it! Kind of weird that it lets me register Radiant Dawn and not Galaxy 2, Brawl, or Platinum though.

Soul.

Lol every time I try to get a 6IV Quick Feet Jolly Shroomish I end up getting a 5IV one with meh HP IVs.
RNG pls.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A pamphlet sent out to encourage independence from a ruler? Huh. So my high school history classes WERE right.
Can I just mention how badly Thomas Paine ended up getting screwed over later in life?

He basically wrote Common Sense, and everyone was like, yeah! Go Paine!

And then he wrote the Age of Reason piece. In it, he criticized institutionalized religion, and basically all his buddies were like, "Yo Paine-meister, you shouldn't really be saying that. It'll ruin you." And Paine was all like, "I'm-a speaking my mind!"

And then he went to France and was put in prison because they thought he was a spy or something, and they didn't like Common Sense or the Age of Reason, and he was all like, "Whoops! French Revolution's not a good time to visit here, huh?" So then he wrote to his buddies back home and he's all like, "Yo Tommy J. and GW, I need you to bust me out!" and they're all like, "Nah, you wrote your opinion, man, and we don't like it. lol gg bro."

And then he came back to America and died of a sickness and only six people came to his funeral.

Now tell me why we don't have a Thomas Paine day, and yet we have a day dedicated to the genocidal ***hole Columbus.

D

Deleted member

Now tell me why we don't have a Thomas Paine day, and yet we have a day dedicated to the genocidal ***hole Columbus.
I'm still waiting for April 10th to be officially declared a national holiday called Garbage Day in honor of this:

The movie came out April 10th.

Wait a second, "This website is run by the community, for the community?" I'm turning on adblock.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Creepy Madoka is creepy...

So, anything new?
I'm playing Phoenix Wright, and love it. I bought the trilogy on the 3DS and don't regret it. Now I want an image of Mio in a Phoenix Wright costume.
*Suddenly, Luggy thinks a crossover between Nichijou and Phoenix Wright could possibly work.*

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
:sadsheep:

but really, if you're gonna use adblock (It's understandable, they're annoying) I wish you'd at least consider grabbing Premium. You can get a YEAR worth of no ads and perks for the price of a restaurant meal or a hefty fast food run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom