• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I gave Mountain Dew another try. It doesnt taste that bad actually. Dunno why the first one I ever got tasted like nothing.

Same here. But our Club Nintendo ends 3 months after the US one is gone so maybe we will get our stuff much later. Hopefully.
Pfft Mountain Dew. Surge was the better soda!

Even though it was packed with calories and had enough sugar to blow up your heart if you drank it daily, but it was still better!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Monkeys like bananas, so we should distract Diddy with bananas before we cut his throat and toss him into a black hole. :p
We can call Palutena to use Black Hole. :4palutena:
After hearing how cheap Diddy is and that he's becoming more worse and annoying (from that U-air vid), I would not miss him at all. I would be convinced that I despise the game more than Brawl, but I think I said this a lot already. And you know what I want to happen to Diddy already. (cue bans)
Seriously, after that vid, why can't they just ban that piece of cheap easy-to-use annoyance? And the worst part is that you can now footstool 7 times before you can't do it anymore as opposed to Brawl's 4, making that cheap thing the vid was showing more effective.

And regarding the Smart Bomb topic earlier, it has nothing on Pit's next gen Smart Bomb. No dud guaranteed.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Is HarmoKnight any good. I was thinking of getting it on Club Nintendo alongside DKCR3D and Flipnote.
It's alright. Later on, you have to have a pretty acute sense of rhythm to progress through it. But the learning curve isn't too hard, and this is coming form a guy with no musical talent whatsoever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, I gotta agree with some other people (not here) said.

Those who just wanna outright ban Diddy are essentially quitters or are too entitled to find other solutions.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Those who just wanna outright ban Diddy are essentially quitters or are too entitled to find other solutions.
Sorta not relevant, but
Didn't they ban Meta Knight in Brawl at one point?
They wents too fars.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hai people. What's new ?
Me ? Nothing much. Training with Falco and Doc, watching some Nichijou as well as reading it, still writing stuff for my manga ect...
The usual.
I'm also listening to this :

:4diddy: is okay to battle when you know what to do against him. The people who wants to ban him simply doesn't know how to beat Diddy. I have more problems with :4sonic: than Diddy personally.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well folks, here we are. All those weeks ago I asked you for a challenge. And boy, what a challenge it was. I asked you to send me anything in a private message, and I would compile all of those things into a story (though some, like those of you who sent in entire songs, had to have their bits...shortened a bit. :p It's still there though).

And now that story is here, and it's a behemoth compared to what's usually posted here.

And now, all that's left is for you to grab some popcorn, and enjoy.
I saved it as a PDF. I don't think I can read it in one sitting. :laugh:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Mortal kombat x is for 110 dollars on brazilian steam:
1a9.gif

Why does a game cost this much in one country for no apparent reason ?
Well folks, here we are. All those weeks ago I asked you for a challenge. And boy, what a challenge it was. I asked you to send me anything in a private message, and I would compile all of those things into a story (though some, like those of you who sent in entire songs, had to have their bits...shortened a bit. :p It's still there though).

And now that story is here, and it's a behemoth compared to what's usually posted here.

And now, all that's left is for you to grab some popcorn, and enjoy.
I read it a little.
I still don't know what's going on.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Woooo link infijab
No more balance patches? No problem
Time to learn this and piss everyone the hell off :troll:

I believe that this image is relevant on the subject of our "beloved" Diddy Kong. You can't deny it, Subspace Emissary did foretell and give us a reminder of what to expect out of him in the future.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh look, overpriced games in Brazil. That isn't news. lol

View attachment 37828
Why does a game cost this much in one country for no apparent reason ?
Taxes. In Brazil, there are absurd taxes for video games.

Also, remember the alleged Ice Climbers chant on the Japanese version of Smash 4? Turns out it wasn't an Ice Climbers chant at all, as @ PushDustIn PushDustIn found out. From his blog: https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/we-were-so-wrong-about-the-villagers-japanese-chant/

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Legitimate question concerning demise of club nintendo and game.

As stated, I might grab Doc Louis Punch Out. But I wonder if it'll run on the Wii U? I probably am asking for nothing though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh look, overpriced games in Brazil. That isn't news. lol

Taxes. In Brazil, there are absurd taxes for video games.

Also, remember the alleged Ice Climbers chant on the Japanese version of Smash 4? Turns out it wasn't an Ice Climbers chant at all, as @ PushDustIn PushDustIn found out. From his blog: https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/we-were-so-wrong-about-the-villagers-japanese-chant/
Essentially, they are chanting 村の 町長. (MURA-no CHOU CHOU); or the Village's Mayor.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I believe that this image is relevant on the subject of our "beloved" Diddy Kong. You can't deny it, Subspace Emissary did foretell and give us a reminder of what to expect out of him in the future.
Ugh, I hate this boss fight. Even on easy it's almost impossible.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I'm not afraid of that boss fight, I just don't feel as motivated to go get Jigglypuff on the team after I beat the game.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think I'm gonna buy the trilogy of Phoenix Wright. I played the third installement back then on the DS and liked the concept of the game. Guess I should buy the 3 of them and actually play the first one.
Also, this :

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Essentially, they are chanting 村の 町長. (MURA-no CHOU CHOU); or the Village's Mayor.
Yeah, it didn't help that the "Mura no" sounds a lot like Nana, same for "chouchou" sounding like Popo. The fact it also uses a mixed gender crowd only draws more similarities to the Ice Climbers' chant in Brawl.

You did say there wasn't any controversy surrounding it in Japan, but for Westerners who don't understand Japanese, it did cause some confusion.

That's sad. :urg:

Looks like they were worked on even less than before.
These games hardly have any leftover content, as the development team did a clean up after finishing the game. I've been keeping an eye out on recent discoveries found on the game's disc.

There are some unused files that will be used when the Miiverse stage and Tournament mode are released. They're mostly menu icons, music and other such assets, but nothing really functional regarding their actual implementation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

So what your saying is that Subspace Emissary predicted that Diddy would be the easiest character beat in the entire franchise?

Something seems off about that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok, just making this post because if you care about Nintendo, you should do it.

Yesterday, I got this:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/246471-...ut-social-media-presence-mentions-competition

They sent a survey link on tweeter in which you can get the link on the article I sent.

Now, I won`t go over my takes, but if you really care about nintendo games and quality, DO THIS SURVEY CAREFULLY!!!!

I'm going to tell you, it's long and sometimes even repetitive, but some questions are very VERY general. One of them is which is your favorite character with a why test box and the same for system (it even includes old one).

Like, let me summarize how such a survey is extremely important.

Nintendo has been seriously increasing their communication since the release of the WiiU has they changed their philosophy. The codename of the WiiU was project cafe and this meant that they wanted to reflect a cafe atmosphere in their philosophy (so, better communication and more friendly towards fans as well as encouraging communication).

SSB4 is the best example with what they did with E3 and the coverage it got with POTD and the increasing support it did with the community.

There`s tons of examples, it all happened with progressive increase and it still does today. They shut down club nintendo and I think it`s because they realised they could get far more reliable answers on social media which they started to be a lot more present.

Which leads me to this survey, REALLY IMPORTANT!!!! Seriously, you have no idea how the data can influence their decisions with how they care about communication. Their presence on social medias leads to more representative answers of the fans. I lived the experience with Paper Mario, but I think it was the case for others games too.

So, I know it`s long and has a lot of questions, but really, do it. they really had a reason to put a so long survey for this, but I`m telling you, if you care and love nintendo, do it.

Thanks, hope people will answer to this survey.

Btw, on the favorite character question....I just couldn`t resist, but I selected other and put Paper Mario, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom