• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's a "Scary" pokemon?

for my creepypasta

Not legendary

Edit: Or rather, creepy

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Trollcario must be Riolu's final evolution. Great.
Nah just a form change. Trollcario is a Lucario/Mega lucario who runs Foresight and has a gourgeist partner that uses trick or treat on it so lucario becomes part ghost type to eliminate fighting type weakness with Foresight to enable the ability to slap ghosts.

D

Deleted member

Nah just a form change. Trollcario is a Lucario/Mega lucario who runs Foresight and has a gourgeist partner that uses trick or treat on it so lucario becomes part ghost type to eliminate fighting type weakness with Foresight to enable the ability to slap ghosts.
But like most trolls, does Trollcario have a Trollface mask?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*slaps Rysir*
Aw, there isn't a Wackiki Rabbit slap gif. Oh well, have this instead.

Yay, For Glory escapades.

Well, I fought a really fun Captain Falcon who always started off his matches with "Show Your Moves" and "Come On!" which I responded with Mega Man's taunts. Well, I lost to pretty much all the matches since I don't know Mega Man well aside from Flame Sword is good, Mega Upper is godplayer if you can land them, Jad/Ftilt/Nair are good zoning tools, you can choose the direction of Metal Saw, Slash Claw is great, Sliding is good, and well, yeah. I think there was input lag or I wasn't pushing the Circle Pad enough which lead to me shooting instead of Flame Sword. Also, I feel like I fought so many Captain Falcons that I know when they're about to recover and it makes landing Falco's Dair easy, but not Mega Man's Hard Knuckle since I don't know the timing and distance. Add in that I don't know any of Mega Man's throw setups aside from U-throw and Air Shooter.

That and a Luigi player from Mexico was cool except for the teabagging. No spams, but just good zoning, spacing, and punishing. I don't know how to deal with Luigi with Captain Falcon and Mega Man, but Ganondorf's a bit easier since all you need to do is punish.

Everything else went sort of down hill with tryhards. One dude used someone Pit, Shulk, ZSS, and Link which were all sad, especially the Link who spammed projectiles and was way too defensive. Link's Hero's Bow doesn't kill until like 300%, so it was pointless. I was reckless with Ganondorf, so it made it even worse since I started to go on the defense and bait him out which is difficult when the dude was camping all the time. Well, I won at 144%. One measly Down Smash from Link would have killed me, but nope, gotta spam and I was just standing there! The Shulk was kind of funny in a sense that he tried charging Smashes and hoping to land them which also applied to ZSS except ZSS was more mobile, but there was an over-reliance on Flip Jump, Stun Gun, Side Smash, and Down Smash. First off, you can't camp with ZSS; she's more of a rushdown character. Pit was the best aside from spamming rolls. As Falco, it was easier to handle Pit, Shulk, and ZSS, but Ganondorf against Link is an issue since I don't know how to deal with projectiles like that. At least Mega Man's projectiles are a bit closer to him.

Then there was the Ike who got bodied by my Captain Falcon. One, don't spam Ike's Quickdraw against a speedster. Two, don't stand there hoping for Up Smash and Side Smash to hit. And three, spamming Dash Attack is kind of pointless if I can run past it. The dude promptly left...

Same thing with a Jigglypuff who had plenty of chances to murder my Mega Man. It was weird and funny comboing Jigglypuff with Slash Claw and ping-ponging Jigglypuff back and forth.

There was this dude who played as Bowser and pretty much had me on the defensive as Greninja. I don't know Greninja well and timing Greninja's hits are a bit difficult because of that. Well, I miss a chance to kill him and he Koopa Klaws me and Bowsercides for some reason. In other words, he made himself lose. All he had to do was Koopa Klaw and sit back and relax, but nope, off the ledge, and Bowser loses.

Also, fighting against Captain Falcon - different player - as a Greninja is strange since they're both fast, but Captain Falcon hits fast and wants to get up close while Greninja hits slowly and wants to punish and harass. I don't remember what happened, but it was really weird to say the least.

Oh, and I found out that Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick eats throw Mega Man's lemons. I didn't realize it until I saw Captain Falcon blazing through before hitting me.

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
What's a "Scary" pokemon?

for my creepypasta

Not legendary

Edit: Or rather, creepy
Deddenne

srsly tho, litwick and honedge families

"Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns." -Litwick's dex entry, Black

"If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely." -Honedge's dex entry, Y

Soul.

Remember, guys:
F R I E N D M A T C H E S B O Y S
Aw, there isn't a Wackiki Rabbit slap gif. Oh well, have this instead.

Yay, For Glory escapades.

Well, I fought a really fun Captain Falcon who always started off his matches with "Show Your Moves" and "Come On!" which I responded with Mega Man's taunts. Well, I lost to pretty much all the matches since I don't know Mega Man well aside from Flame Sword is good, Mega Upper is godplayer if you can land them, Jad/Ftilt/Nair are good zoning tools, you can choose the direction of Metal Saw, Slash Claw is great, Sliding is good, and well, yeah. I think there was input lag or I wasn't pushing the Circle Pad enough which lead to me shooting instead of Flame Sword. Also, I feel like I fought so many Captain Falcons that I know when they're about to recover and it makes landing Falco's Dair easy, but not Mega Man's Hard Knuckle since I don't know the timing and distance. Add in that I don't know any of Mega Man's throw setups aside from U-throw and Air Shooter.

That and a Luigi player from Mexico was cool except for the teabagging. No spams, but just good zoning, spacing, and punishing. I don't know how to deal with Luigi with Captain Falcon and Mega Man, but Ganondorf's a bit easier since all you need to do is punish.

Everything else went sort of down hill with tryhards. One dude used someone Pit, Shulk, ZSS, and Link which were all sad, especially the Link who spammed projectiles and was way too defensive. Link's Hero's Bow doesn't kill until like 300%, so it was pointless. I was reckless with Ganondorf, so it made it even worse since I started to go on the defense and bait him out which is difficult when the dude was camping all the time. Well, I won at 144%. One measly Down Smash from Link would have killed me, but nope, gotta spam and I was just standing there! The Shulk was kind of funny in a sense that he tried charging Smashes and hoping to land them which also applied to ZSS except ZSS was more mobile, but there was an over-reliance on Flip Jump, Stun Gun, Side Smash, and Down Smash. First off, you can't camp with ZSS; she's more of a rushdown character. Pit was the best aside from spamming rolls. As Falco, it was easier to handle Pit, Shulk, and ZSS, but Ganondorf against Link is an issue since I don't know how to deal with projectiles like that. At least Mega Man's projectiles are a bit closer to him.

Then there was the Ike who got bodied by my Captain Falcon. One, don't spam Ike's Quickdraw against a speedster. Two, don't stand there hoping for Up Smash and Side Smash to hit. And three, spamming Dash Attack is kind of pointless if I can run past it. The dude promptly left...

Same thing with a Jigglypuff who had plenty of chances to murder my Mega Man. It was weird and funny comboing Jigglypuff with Slash Claw and ping-ponging Jigglypuff back and forth.

There was this dude who played as Bowser and pretty much had me on the defensive as Greninja. I don't know Greninja well and timing Greninja's hits are a bit difficult because of that. Well, I miss a chance to kill him and he Koopa Klaws me and Bowsercides for some reason. In other words, he made himself lose. All he had to do was Koopa Klaw and sit back and relax, but nope, off the ledge, and Bowser loses.

Also, fighting against Captain Falcon - different player - as a Greninja is strange since they're both fast, but Captain Falcon hits fast and wants to get up close while Greninja hits slowly and wants to punish and harass. I don't remember what happened, but it was really weird to say the least.

Oh, and I found out that Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick eats throw Mega Man's lemons. I didn't realize it until I saw Captain Falcon blazing through before hitting me.
Almost every Luigi I've seen in FG is below average compared to the pros like ConCon or Boss. Like, they dthrow fair and stuff, but they don't know Luigi's other options well (grounded B-reverse Fireball, dthrow nair / uair, BAir and Fireball as edgeguard tools, etc). It's sad because they can step up their game.

Then again I haven't played Smash 3DS for a while thanks to Pokémon, so I should get into the lab business later.

D

Deleted member

Remember, guys:
F R I E N D M A T C H E S B O Y S

Almost every Luigi I've seen in FG is below average compared to the pros like ConCon or Boss. Like, they dthrow fair and stuff, but they don't know Luigi's other options well (grounded B-reverse Fireball, dthrow nair / uair, BAir and Fireball as edgeguard tools, etc). It's sad because they can step up their game.

Then again I haven't played Smash 3DS for a while thanks to Pokémon, so I should get into the lab business later.
I haven't played it much either, but I've been doing short practices with Dedede though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twewy

Smash Lord
There's a good side and bad side of craving a Sam and Max avatar for Steam. On the good side, I get to re-read the comics again. On the bad, there's picking Sam or Max.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Ugh. So I don't know where else to post this. So I'm going to post it here...

I have a friend, in particular, my partner, who plays Smash casually yet also wants to get better. Normal stuff.

They tell me NOT to give them tips because they want to learn at their own pace. Okay.
Then they tell me they want me to be in a tourney mindset and try to win. Um.

Here's the thing, I would understand this if the person handled it well but they do NOT. They get frustrated, purposefully SD, and just stop playing. Last time they quit for a month and that made me never want to do that against them. Just, it's so stupid. Now they are determined to "catch up to my skill level" within a month, apparently, yet, they still have these two terms.

They keep giving up and just not wanting to continue and it makes me really flipping sad... I just want to have fun with them and they keep telling me "Try harder, please." when they sense I'm not. For a while I just was using random characters and they eventually told me to stop and JUST use my mains...

I'm at a loss here and it feels no matter what I do they just get frustrated and leave...

Twewy

Smash Lord
Your partner does sound pretty confusing. No offense, but are you dating a paradox given human form, perchance?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Your partner does sound pretty confusing. No offense, but are you dating a paradox given human form, perchance?
Lol, sometimes I feel I'm that person. It's just a common case in relationships and it's not like it's super important for us to stay together something XD
It's just a common thing that's frustrating for me. I just would like input from people.

Twewy

Smash Lord
My suggestion? Ruin 'em over and over until they start to improve. Make them strive to improve. You never really get better at anything competitive until someone throws you to the ground and makes you eat the dirt they beat your sorry ass on.

And that's why I'm still a horrible Soldier who keeps saying I'm going to play lobbies but sit my sorry buttocks on the couch and watch Always Sunny re-runs. At least I can pull aerials off now.

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
My suggestion? Ruin 'em over and over until they start to improve. Make them strive to improve. You never really get better at anything competitive until someone throws you to the ground and makes you eat the dirt they beat your sorry *** on.

And that's why I'm still a horrible Soldier who keeps saying I'm going to play lobbies but sit my sorry buttocks on the couch and watch Always Sunny re-runs. At least I can pull aerials off now.
I play Demo and suffer similar issues. XD
I wanna lobby but I think I'm prioritizing Smash first now.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I know a really good Demoman who's playing in UGC at the mo'. Can't remember his exact league, but I know it's Highlander. I was supposed to play Demoman for a UGC team once, but stuff got in the way so I stopped playing comp (what little I played).

I used to be decent at Demoman, and not just in the TellTale Games Presents Demoman And The Quest For Skill: Episode 1: A Whole Lotta Sticky kind of way. But MvM ruined me with it's firing speed upgrades and now my sense of when to ruin a poor chump with explosives kind of died.

Oh, if your other plays TF2 too, whoop 'em in that also. Make 'em work for his love.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After 3300 attempts Im starting to see Orange Latias appearing every time I try; That means that Latias will become Yellow soon

#MySanityIsDED

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone had a comment: "Why is it that everyone that can do amazing things look absolutely stunning"

Responded by: "Ugly people can do amazing things as well. They just don't get people's attention"

Twewy

Smash Lord
After 3300 attempts Im starting to see Orange Latias appearing every time I try; That means that Latias will become Yellow soon

#MySanityIsDED
What you don't know is that you just stumbled across Roy G. Biv. He tends to appear to those obsessed with color variations.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What you don't know is that you just stumbled across Roy G. Biv. He tends to appear to those obsessed with color variations.
You mean that hippie/clown guy that appeared in Beakman's World?

....Sudden Nostalgia Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom