• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is in really poor taste. Why in the name of Frank Viola do people think this was a problem in the N64 version?

yeah sorry but some people dont like to see the same long cutscene over and over

and how is this bad to you?

I bet you would complain even if they but no on top of Kaepora Gaebora " Do you want to hear this again" which is what A LOT of people want

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It was a problem because people playing video-games have lives. Who can be bothered to sit through the same 10 second cut-scene two or three times during the same game? You probably did not even play the original, so I guess you would not understand how annoying it is to run into him even though that flower is out of the way of anything that needs to get done. Gosh.
I've gotten all the masks in the original, morbid. My only beef is that I don't mind the cutscene being repetitive.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Same here. Too bad only a couple volumes are released each year, with no release date for 53 despite XY & ORAS already starting up somewhat in magazines. IDK I don't think they'll get to releasing ORAS in volumes until late 2017/2018 at this rate. Best case scenario they somehow finish BW2 by the end of this year (good bet at least 3 more volumes based on Emerald).

Am looking forward to seeing how they characters play out, especially Whitwo ($5 says she get's N's Zoura). IDK how to feel yet though about how they're handling it yet, as part of me thinks they should have just updated Black/White rather than introduce two new characters and take up extra time.

I remember them, but does anyone really care about them?
Well, to be fair, in game Rosa and Nate are different characters from Hilda and Hilbert, if that's what you meant.
If you simply meant "Leave out the two of them all-together, well, I don't think that would work.
Also, yes, I like them. I'm interested in their story.

Morbi

Scavenger
I dislike fan service because usually they are pointless IMO, and I dislike being too vocal about shipping.

I wish I knew people I could talk to about Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. ;_;
Most entertainment is "pointless" as is. Especially anime "plot." Unless "to entertain" is a point to be made; in which case, fan-service is not pointless if you have a libido. But hey, you are entitled to your opinion. I thought that the breakfast scenes in Breaking Bad were pointless, but someone, somewhere, gets a kick out of them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've gotten all the masks in the original, morbid. My only beef is that I don't mind the cutscene being repetitive.
Well some people do, I think its a good change. I would rather talk to him and keep going then sit there through the cutescene over and over
Because to them they think that not being able to skip a cutscene is a problem.
I think we can all blame Kaepora Gaebora for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is in really poor taste. Why in the name of Frank Viola do people think this was a problem in the N64 version?

I wouldn't mind it being shown every single time.. but this comes from some guy who didn't even complete the N64 version. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I read your post, apparently you did not read mine as I made the same point. I got beef, homie. I do not mind repetitive cut-scenes either. Want to fight about it IRL?

/satire

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I read your post, apparently you did not read mine as I made the same point. I got beef, homie. I do not mind repetitive cut-scenes either. Want to fight about it IRL?

/satire
Uh-oh, SOUND THE ALARMS!
HE HAS BEEF!
We've got a code red BEEF HAVER here!
I'm tired right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking of getting Dillon's Rolling Western, though if I have enough coins (I'm doubting it at this point because the service won't let me take surveys) I'll get Star Fox 64 3D. If I get Star Fox, I'm hoping it'll change my (highly biased) opinion towards Fox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm thinking of getting Dillon's Rolling Western, though if I have enough coins (I'm doubting it at this point because the service won't let me take surveys) I'll get Star Fox 64 3D. If I get Star Fox, I'm hoping it'll change my (highly biased) opinion towards Fox.
To be fair, most Star Fox fans have only ever played Star Fox 64. So that would probably do it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im starting to see videos of people getting Shiny Latias with a low amount of attempts to feel more jelly when I reach 3000 unsuccesful tries

D

Deleted member

It should change your opinion towards our waveshining savior Fox. I have the game in physical form but it's a good remake for what it is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Uh-oh, SOUND THE ALARMS!
HE HAS BEEF!
We've got a code red BEEF HAVER here!
I'm tired right now.
The Alarm has been sounded. Sorry. Reminded me of that song.

Also, Morbid a girl.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was thinking of either Super Mario Land or The Last Ranger (though I didn't really care for the first one).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I get bombed for expressing my honest opinion that Sonic is getting cut from Smash as a whole starting with next title. I dunno how that can possibly be controversial given the state of things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was thinking of either Super Mario Land or The Last Ranger (though I didn't really care for the first one).
Mario Land? As in the original on the Gameboy? I heard it's good, but it's shorter than most Mario games. If your talking 3-D Land, that's also an overall good game. But the bosses are extremely repetitive.

I haven't played Dillon's games yet, but I want to. I heard the second one has some interesting add-ons in it.

Soul.

I'm just getting DKCR3D and Flipnote whenever that thing comes.
So I get bombed for expressing my honest opinion that Sonic is getting cut from Smash as a whole starting with next title. I dunno how that can possibly be controversial given the state of things.
....Where did you say that? In the Official Character thread?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mario Land? As in the original on the Gameboy? I heard it's good, but it's shorter than most Mario games. If your talking 3-D Land, that's also an overall good game. But the bosses are extremely repetitive.

I haven't played Dillon's games yet, but I want to. I heard the second one has some interesting add-ons in it.
Super Mario Land. Mostly because I already have 6 Golden Coins and it feels incomplete to have one but not the other.
Also, I'm kinda broke when it comes to coins (I believe I have 395 coins), so even then I couldn't afford it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given that he's third party, it's possible. Although he is popular and the lack of his presence probably effect sales to a degree. But honestly, there's no real reason to go into the debates of who's in the next game when Smash 4 isn't even a year old at this point.

Super Mario Land. Mostly because I already have 6 Golden Coins and it feels incomplete to have one but not the other.
Also, I'm kinda broke when it comes to coins (I believe I have 395 coins), so even then I couldn't afford it.
I see. I don't think I ever really bothered with Club Nintendo though. It should only cost about 5 bucks or so on the E-Shop I think, so there's a possible alternative.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You don't know how happy I'd be if that were true.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yeah given the state of the F-Zero Ice Climbers Earthbound Sonic franchise, it seems likely he'll get cut :4pacman:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Given that he's third party, it's possible. Although he is popular and the lack of his presence probably effect sales to a degree. But honestly, there's no real reason to go into the debates of who's in the next game when Smash 4 isn't even a year old at this point.

I see. I don't think I ever really bothered with Club Nintendo though. It should only cost about 5 bucks or so on the E-Shop I think, so there's a possible alternative.
I'm more driven by the fact that SEGA just moved away from the console market, so I'd say it's guaranteed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's still too early to say things like that, seeing as how it hasn't even been 4 months since Smash Wii U came out.
But it has been about 5 or 6 since Smash 3DS came out. ¦D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom