• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wanna know what happened to... (Spoilers for the end of the BW chapters and the beginning of BW2)
Black. After he was trapped in the light stone, now what?
Also, Lack-two and Whi-two's professions are interesting...

Just a question, is there anyone else here that remembers Buck, Mira, Cheryl, and Marley?
There was also Riley. He was at Iron Island and had a Lucario.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Although I'm not too bothered, I wonder when they're going to release Volcanion. He looks the coolest out of the X/Y Event legendaries.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
How could you possibly forget Riley?
I think I forgot him because he's easy to remember.
Of all the 5 stat trainers, I'd say that Riley is the hardest to forget, both game and anime-wise.
And because he's so easy to remember, I forgot about him because I subconsciously wasn't trying to remember him, and thus ended up forgetting to include him.
Does that make sense?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After today's lesson in Culture Class, I'll just have to say this. American patriots and liberal Americans are on a whole new level of stupidity after seeing the negative responses to Coca Cola's Super Bowl ad (which depicted the American national anthem being sand by the many diverse citizens of America). Many of those said complaints ranged from "Wah, the national anthom should not be sang by any of them damn foreigners!" to "The ****, Coca Cola. The national anthem is only meant to be sang in English instead of this confusing bull****!". Don't get me wrong, I know that many nations are bound to have their fair amount of ignoramuses instead of just America in this big blue world. But this is one of these moments where I will label any 'Murican that is liberal or suffering from blind patriotism as an idiot. :rolleyes:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think I forgot him because he's easy to remember.
Of all the 5 stat trainers, I'd say that Riley is the hardest to forget, both game and anime-wise.
And because he's so easy to remember, I forgot about him because I subconsciously wasn't trying to remember him, and thus ended up forgetting to include him.
Does that make sense?
Possibly, probably, perhaps, maybe, potentially, yes.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
After today's lesson in Culture Class, I'll just have to say this. American patriots and liberal Americans are on a whole new level of stupidity after seeing the negative responses to Coca Cola's Super Bowl ad (which depicted the American national anthem being sand by the many diverse citizens of America). Many of those said complaints ranged from "Wah, the national anthom should not be sang by any of them damn foreigners!" to "The ****, Coca Cola. The national anthem is only meant to be sang in English instead of this confusing bull****!". Don't get me wrong, I know that many nations are bound to have their fair amount of ignoramuses instead of just America in this big blue world. But this is one of these moments where I will label any 'Murican that is liberal or suffering from blind patriotism as an idiot. :rolleyes:
Sometimes, it's a blessing to be non-American.

D

Deleted member

So foreigners don't belong to the US? Good, good, people just reached a whole new level of "You're Winner!".

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So I was playing Classic Mode earlier and during the part where Master Core turns into a clone (I was playing as C. Falcon), my Falcon Punch meets my clone's Falcon Kick...and I kicked his ass!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Because Lucario's popularity overshadows even humans.

All dem groupies don't swoon for Riley. They swoon for the furry jackal.
True fans know that Riley is forever remembered in history as the bringer of awesome as without him Lucario would have had Mew status. Which would have been terrible!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, going back to the fanservice and shipping talk...I really don't get all this rage towards it AND the people that like it.

I've been seeing a lot of, "it's killing the industry!" and "**** the shippers/yuri shippers." but not a lot of why.
Sure, I've seen people personally dislike it and gave their reasons, and thats perfectly ok.

But when we start calling people out and start wanting their heads, there should be reasons other then, "it is because it is."

Also, I have all these thoughts for a post about it and it would be nice to have things to debate against.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They would handle that by insta-banning them. Because that's the Smogon we all love.
I took a break from their tiers anyways, and here I am, still breeding this almost impossible 5IV Eevee (I got one with 5IVs in everything but SpA). I'll have to see later.
Yeah, probably.

Just a question, is there anyone else here that remembers Buck, Mira, Cheryl, and Marley?
I remember them, it was a lot of fun having them assist you as you traveled through those areas. I really liked Marley and Riley out of all of them in particular, the former because she was slightly involved with Shaymin, and the latter because he was very helpful for me in Iron Island as I used it to grind.

Well I say this because with ORAS and the move tutors allows far more earth power users and fire punch users than before.
Yeah it did, I just don't know if Smogon would feel if those additions really mattered to keeping Aegislash in check, especially if it did have Dark and Ghost neutralities. Having said that, it was still nice to get those in ORAS to help deal with that pesky sword.

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want knuckles infinite jump glitch as his up special (Without the infinite jumps)?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've been seeing a lot of, "it's killing the industry!" and "**** the shippers/yuri shippers." but not a lot of why.
Sure, I've seen people personally dislike it and gave their reasons, and thats perfectly ok.
Since I don't feel like arguing with anyone I'm just going to state my opinion and say that it is killing it because most animes focus on the Chest, crouch and ass of women. You don't see me calling people out though I just think anime would be better if there was no fanservice and shippers are what mess up animes the most. Like the Hetalia Shippers, they are stupid.

Feel free to come at me if you want but I'm not in the mood to respond

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I dislike fan service because usually they are pointless IMO, and I dislike being too vocal about shipping.

I wish I knew people I could talk to about Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. ;_;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't like shipping

I think it's dumb
Since I don't feel like arguing with anyone I'm just going to state my opinion and say that it is killing it because most animes focus on the Chest, crouch and *** of women. You don't see me calling people out though I just think anime would be better if there was no fanservice and shippers are what mess up animes the most. Like the Hetalia Shippers, they are stupid.

Feel free to come at me if you want but I'm not in the mood to respond
Well said. I agree x9000.
Well...none of this really helps...at all...All of this is again just saying it's bad and thats that.

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo It's ok...though, I'm still confused on why you responded anyway. The power of posting an opinion shouldn't be that compelling...but whatever...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo It's ok...though, I'm still confused on why you responded anyway. The power of posting an opinion shouldn't be that compelling...but whatever...
It was like that because I'm stressed, annoyed, and depressed today and I just snapped. Im sorry

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh hai Social Thread what I missed?
@ Soul. Soul. How're you doing with your search for the perfect Eevee? Sorry for not anwsering yesterday; I had go to sleep early

D

Deleted member

Honestly, going back to the fanservice and shipping talk...I really don't get all this rage towards it AND the people that like it.

But when we start calling people out and start wanting their heads, there should be reasons other then, "it is because it is."

Also, I have all these thoughts for a post about it and it would be nice to have things to debate against.
I only have a strong opinion on shipping in regards to Madoka, where I dislike the yuri shipping simply because it makes everything weaker in my opinion. When I watched it for the first time, I did not see Homura as being in love with Madoka, and that was part of the reason I liked her so much. In fact, I didn't even see the whole "love" thing until I went on TV Tropes. She was trying to save her friend. Her only friend. As a guy who has difficulty making and keeping friends, I kind of admire that. (As well as her complete and total devotion to her goal, but that's kind of irrelevant here) I can't relate to love at all. Most of my thoughts toward fictional love are just; "why should I care?" I don't enjoy anything romantic, because it doesn't do anything for me. Two people love each other. Great. Good for them.

Similarly, I dislike the fanservicy Madoka stuff because I like the characters as characters. I have an irrational fear that someday, someone is going to look at the DVD cover and get the wrong idea, and the useless fanservice stuff doesn't help with that. There's also the whole "waifu" garbage, and although constantly posting Homura related crap doesn't help with this image, I don't want to be associated with that. Can I like her as a character? Yes. It really grinds my gears when people suggest anything else.

But seeing as how I don't know any shippers, nor do I look for fanservice garbage, I guess this is a non-issue.

Soul.

Oh hai Social Thread what I missed?
@ Soul. Soul. How're you doing with your search for the perfect Eevee? Sorry for not anwsering yesterday; I had go to sleep early
Doing progress I guess. I got 6 new Eevee eggs... I'll have to go to the IV checker after this. Sigh, breeding is such a pain.

Also that's fine.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I only have a strong opinion on shipping in regards to Madoka, where I dislike the yuri shipping simply because it makes everything weaker in my opinion. When I watched it for the first time, I did not see Homura as being in love with Madoka, and that was part of the reason I liked her so much. In fact, I didn't even see the whole "love" thing until I went on TV Tropes. She was trying to save her friend. Her only friend. As a guy who has difficulty making and keeping friends, I kind of admire that. (As well as her complete and total devotion to her goal, but that's kind of irrelevant here) I can't relate to love at all. Most of my thoughts toward fictional love are just; "why should I care?" I don't enjoy anything romantic, because it doesn't do anything for me. Two people love each other. Great. Good for them.

Similarly, I dislike the fanservicy Madoka stuff because I like the characters as characters. I have an irrational fear that someday, someone is going to look at the DVD cover and get the wrong idea, and the useless fanservice stuff doesn't help with that. There's also the whole "waifu" garbage, and although constantly posting Homura related crap doesn't help with this image, I don't want to be associated with that. Can I like her as a character? Yes. It really grinds my gears when people suggest anything else.

But seeing as how I don't know any shippers, nor do I look for fanservice garbage, I guess this is a non-issue.
You do realize that love is a very general term right? There's more to love than just romance, it could mean MANY things.
I also think that Homura loves Madoka, but I also think that they're just friends.
Does that make sense?
I don't think it's regular love, it's more like something insane.
"I wonder if love isn't a manifestation of madness in some way." - Gen Urobuchi

D

Deleted member

You do realize that love is a very general term right? There's more to love than just romance, it could mean MANY things.
I also think that Homura loves Madoka, but I also think that they're just friends.
Does that make sense?
True. I'm referring to romantic love here. That's the stuff that pisses me off. She definitely loves Madoka, but the real question here is how insane does it get. I can accept her feelings being madness, I cannot accept them being romance. And even then, she's still singularly determined to accomplishing her goals regardless, so my opinion of the character remains unchanged regardless of how insane she is

Also, I demand that quote be attached to all copies of Rebellion right now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Does that make sense?
In American, love means "like." So, in that way, I suppose Homura does love Madoka.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wanna know what happened to... (Spoilers for the end of the BW chapters and the beginning of BW2)
Black. After he was trapped in the light stone, now what?
Also, Lack-two and Whi-two's professions are interesting...

Same here. Too bad only a couple volumes are released each year, with no release date for 53 despite XY & ORAS already starting up somewhat in magazines. IDK I don't think they'll get to releasing ORAS in volumes until late 2017/2018 at this rate. Best case scenario they somehow finish BW2 by the end of this year (good bet at least 3 more volumes based on Emerald).

Am looking forward to seeing how they characters play out, especially Whitwo ($5 says she get's N's Zoura). IDK how to feel yet though about how they're handling it yet, as part of me thinks they should have just updated Black/White rather than introduce two new characters and take up extra time.

I remember them, but does anyone really care about them?

Morbi

Scavenger
This is in really poor taste. Why in the name of Frank Viola do people think this was a problem in the N64 version?

It was a problem because people playing video-games have lives. Who can be bothered to sit through the same 10 second cut-scene two or three times during the same game? You probably did not even play the original, so I guess you would not understand how annoying it is to run into him even though that flower is out of the way of anything that needs to get done. Gosh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dislike fan service because usually they are pointless IMO, and I dislike being too vocal about shipping.

I wish I knew people I could talk to about Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. ;_;
And thus why I've always referred to fanservice as a Big Boobed Anime Moment (A reference to a Big Lipped Alligator Moment). It comes out of nowhere, has little to no bearing to the plot, and it's pretty over-the-top to the point of silliness. Half of the time, such fanservice is never really spoken of again after it happens which adds to how pointless it is. Then there is series that actually make the fanservice a plot point for the hell of it to mask how terrible it is like Seikon no ****ing Qwaser. *shudders*

A perfect example is how One Piece is usually adapted in Toei's poorly adapted inferior adaption of the series or any of the movies. Sure this action packed manga did have its fair share of fanservice, but the animators felt the need to add even more of it to the point of making some dedicated fans groan. We had a pointless extension of Sanji's "epic nosebleed" on Fishmen Island plenty of times in the beginning (As if his timeskip characterization made me like him much less) and then there's any "extended" scenes involving Rebecca in Dressrosa (Why, why did they feel the need to make her bust bigger and drag on her fights in the coliseum? /sarcasm). Let's not forget all the addition gender bender scenes with Ivankov in the Impel Down as if we had enough of that fetish. :/

There are about a few exceptions that I remotely enjoy other than the obviously bad anime adaptions that normally pop us these days: The original Queen's Blade and To Love-Ru. For the latter, it can be best described as the first and only ecchi romcom that I actually enjoy and this was back for I loathed anything from that genre (Or hated that Black Cat's author was involved with it). While it does have fanservice (which is much more intense in the Darkness sequel), it at least backs itself up by having absurd situations or moments like giant space apes and a ghost that can wear human clothes. Let's not forget the actually funny injuries (courtesy of Rito himself) and giving deep back stories behind the characters in the sequel. As for Queen's Blade, it's mostly because it actually has the well animated fights that most seinen anime at that time lacked and the designs actually look diverse other than a certain ninja girl video game. There are other factors like the women actually being empowering, competent warriors despite their sexiness before the likes of Bayonetta even exist and soundtrack is just so good which adds to the story. There's also Daily Life with Monster Girl which has almost everything I've mentioned about Queen's Blade, except for the well animated fights/soundtrack since it's not an anime and more like a romcom like To Love-Ru.

With that being said, I'll start working for the night. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom