• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I get bombed for expressing my honest opinion that Sonic is getting cut from Smash as a whole starting with next title. I dunno how that can possibly be controversial given the state of things.
inb4 that's how the Sonic fanbase works.

Super Mario Land. Mostly because I already have 6 Golden Coins and it feels incomplete to have one but not the other.
Also, I'm kinda broke when it comes to coins (I believe I have 395 coins), so even then I couldn't afford it.
I have Mario Land and while it's extremely short, it's actually good. I have yet to get SML2 though.

Are others still having trouble accessing Club Nintendo?
I am. Like I said earlier, they really need to get stronger servers to meet demand. But that's just me. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm more driven by the fact that SEGA just moved away from the console market, so I'd say it's guaranteed.
Still too soon to say, let alone as a guarantee. Sonic showing up in the Smash games is free publicity. So I can't see Sega ignoring that.

Mega Man's been on mobile games only when Smash 4 released, yet he still is in that game's roster. Pac-Man wasn't up to much either at the time. But all three were warranted as they are icons of the video game industry and have a worthwhile connection to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But is has been about 5 or 6 since Smash 3DS came out. ¦D
Actually, it has been exactly 4 months since Smash 3ds came out (Over here, at least)
October 3rd to November 3rd to December 3rd to January 3rd to February 3rd
True, but we can all agree that some fans are trying to forget Smash 3DS's existence because "reasons".
Why?
Smash 3ds is awesome
Smash Wii U is awesome
There should be no problems here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, it has been exactly 4 months since Smash 3ds came out (Over here, at least)

Why?
Smash 3ds is awesome
Smash Wii U is awesome
Because people like to hate on a new way to play Smash Bros. -- on a handheld. And then they bring up muh GCN controller. Both are awesome, indeed.

Soul.

True, but we can all agree that some fans are trying to forget Smash 3DS's existence because "reasons".
My condolences to the people that can't withstand the hype that is handheld Smash.
At least their alternative is HD Smash.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why doesn't rampardos have skull bash

I know it wouldn't be that great for him

But at the same time, it's description says the user rams his head at the opponent

Rampardos is ALL about ramming his head at things

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Still too soon to say, let alone as a guarantee. Sonic showing up in the Smash games is free publicity. So I can't see Sega ignoring that.
Well I do. I know I'm leaving a life behind to some people, but if they're gone from the console market, they're gone from Nintendo. And if they're gone from Nintendo, Sonic's finished with Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Why?
Smash 3ds is awesome
Smash Wii U is awesome
Some people see it as a 40 dollar demo. I don't, it's obviously got enough to stand on it's own as a game. But the Wii-U version was clearly a higher priority, nothing wrong with that either. And besides, said console version is better for the competitive crowd.

Being able to play on the go good enough for some. And it offers an alternative for those who can't afford a whole console. Win-win situation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But once again, it's still too early. For all we know, it could be a rough patch. After all, they did have the monstrosity that was Sonic Boom.

How do you know that Smash 5 will not have a mobile version with the same roster? I mean, it is not that much of a stretch. We pretty much got that with Smash 3DS.
Because I'm still waiting for our rightfully deserved Atari port. Nintendo's been getting lazy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some people see it as a 40 dollar demo. I don't, it's obviously got enough to stand on it's own as a game. But the Wii-U version was clearly a higher priority, nothing wrong with that either. And besides, said console version is better for the competitive crowd.

Being able to play on the go good enough for some. And it offers an alternative for those who can't afford a whole console. Win-win situation.
But Smash 3DS sold more than the Wii U version as expected. New handheld game incoming. :troll:
Nah, I'm kidding, but that is true.

Soul.

It is unfortunate to see the 3DS community be disliked because their game is not on par with the Wii U version. Calling it a "demo" just because the home console version was going to launch one month later sounds atrocious in my opinion.
I do agree that the Wii U is overall better for competitive purposes. 3DS is as good as Wii U and that's that.
We don't need another Melee vs. Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Because of the certain characters people either don't use or flat out break the game, but mourn over them anyway.
This guy gets it. Most people probably never used Ice Climbers (a notable example) to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why doesn't rampardos have skull bash

I know it wouldn't be that great for him

But at the same time, it's description says the user rams his head at the opponent

Rampardos is ALL about ramming his head at things
If Flareon finally got Flare Blitz, then anything can happen.

Now that I think of it, I hope Game Freak makes a Physical equivalent to Flamethrower/Lava Plume. I mean, Blaze Kick sort of fills that role, but even then, there's few Pokemon that get that move. Fire Punch and Fire Fang are decent, but fairly weaker. And Flare Blitz has recoil.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I've actually played all but Command, and I'll end up playing the new one if it isn't terrible or too gimicky.
Command is an interesting game. It has 13 alternative endings, so it has replay value, but the main antagonist is 'meh' and the voices (just incoherent noises) are irritating as hell. Gamplay's a bit weird, but at least it had online multiplayer, which was actually not too bad.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
\
It is unfortunate to see the 3DS community be disliked because their game is not on par with the Wii U version. Calling it a "demo" just because the home console version was going to launch one month later sounds atrocious in my opinion.
I do agree that the Wii U is overall better for competitive purposes. 3DS is as good as Wii U and that's that.
We don't need another Melee vs. Brawl.
Calling it a demo in itself is stupid in every conceivable way.
They are the same games while being different games.
It's cool like that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Flareon finally got Flare Blitz, then anything can happen.

Now that I think of it, I hope Game Freak makes a Physical equivalent to Flamethrower/Lava Plume. I mean, Blaze Kick sort of fills that role, but even then, there's few Pokemon that get that move. Fire Punch and Fire Fang are decent, but fairly weaker. And Flare Blitz has recoil.
If every move had an equivilant, they might as well not make 2 moves

Just have a text that says "Uses either attack or special depending on the user's stats"

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Something I want to have happen in terms of pokemon move updates:
I want hyper beam to get its instant recharge back if it gets the KO.
And elemental hyper beams.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If every move had an equivilant, they might as well not make 2 moves

Just have a text that says "Uses either attack or special depending on the user's stats"
Maybe. But there's already some moves that act like that. In terms of raw damage, Aqua Tail and Surf both do 90 damage, and Wing Attack and Aerial Ace both do 60. I think Vaccum Punch and Mach Punch are similar.

Hell, I'd even settle for Blaze Kick being more widely distributed, along the lines of Leaf Blade. I don't see why Emboar, Infernape and maybe Charizard can't learn it through level up or breeding(well, Infernape can do so through breeding but not level up).

EDIT: Maybe Simisear, Rapidash and Flareon too.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe. But there's already some moves that act like that. In terms of raw damage, Aqua Tail and Surf both do 90 damage, and Wing Attack and Aerial Ace both do 60. I think Vaccum Punch and Mach Punch are similar.

Hell, I'd even settle for Blaze Kick being more widely distributed, along the lines of Leaf Blade. I don't see why Emboar, Infernape and maybe Charizard can't learn it through level up or breeding.
I don't think Charizard is much of a kicker

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If that happens M-Pidgeot will skyrocket to OU and M-Charizard Y will go to Blast Burn everything in Ubers, M-Salamence with insta recharge Aerilate Hyper Beam, such chaos

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Hell, I'd even settle for Blaze Kick being more widely distributed, along the lines of Leaf Blade. I don't see why Emboar, Infernape and maybe Charizard can't learn it through level up or breeding(well, Infernape can do so through breeding but not level up).

EDIT: Maybe Simisear, Rapidash and Flareon too.
But Surf attacks both opponents in double battles, I think they even updated it to target your other Pokemon as well. Aqua Tail just hits one opponent. #TheDifferenceIsReal

Last edited:

Soul.

But Surf attacks both opponents in double battles, I think they even updated to target your other Pokemon as well. Aqua Tail just hits one opponent. #TheDifferenceIsReal
Surf always hit your other Pokémon in double, triple and rotation battles.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think Charizard is much of a kicker
I guess, but eh, it has legs, it could try.

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant act as Hyper Beam equivalents. But they are only available to Starter Pokemon. So no Ice or Electric versions yet.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone else watch Phineas and Ferb? While I used to, I find this interesting.
I would be honestly surprised if it turns out to be even better than All Grown Up (The Rugrats special and short lived spinoff that came out a while ago). Though I doubt anyone can actually remember what even happened other than Tommy having a film major and Dill being even more annoying than when he was a baby.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess, but eh, has legs, it could try.

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Plant Frenzy act as Hyper Beam equivalents. But they are only available to Starter Pokemon. So no Ice or Electric versions yet.
Although it IS possible to use hyper beam and have it ice elemental

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
If that happens M-Pidgeot will skyrocket to OU and M-Charizard Y will go to Blast Burn everything in Ubers, M-Salamence with insta recharge Aerilate Hyper Beam, such chaos
The moment of time will be called: The rise of rock types.

Morbi

Scavenger
Surf always hit your other Pokémon in double, triple and rotation battles.
I do not recall that, I thought that you could use surf safely in generation three. I looked it up on Bulbapedia, probably not the most reliable source, and it confirmed my beliefs. So Bulbapedia and I will just live in our lies if you do not mind.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I'm really happy because I successfully ripped all pm64 sfx and that includes my favorite, badge get sfx.

Since litterally no one on the internet did that, I uploaded the zip to sound ressource.

If you want a dropbox link, just pm me :)

Anyway, for you, any happiness you want to talk?

:)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do not recall that, I thought that you could use surf safely in generation three. I looked it up on Bulbapedia, probably not the most reliable source, and it confirmed my beliefs. So Bulbapedia and I will just live in our lies if you do not mind.
In Generation III, you hit the opponents on the opposite side. It was changed in Generation IV onwards so it hits everyone on the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom