• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But Surf attacks both opponents in double battles, I think they even updated it to target your other Pokemon as well. Aqua Tail just hits one opponent. #TheDifferenceIsReal
True. That's why I mentioned just raw damage. I don't know, I just think more Physical oriented Fire Types could use a new alternative instead of just Flare Blitz and Fire Punch. Hence my rambling. I suppose Electric types could use another Physical attack too.

Although it IS possible to use hyper beam and have it ice elemental
Oh yeah. That Ice Dino. Wasn't there a Fairy version of that ability too?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The moment of time will be called: The rise of rock types.
To which Mega Salamence and Mega Charizard Y laugh in glee as they crush them with Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Solar Beam and Focus Blast.

I do not recall that, I thought that you could use surf safely in generation three. I looked it up on Bulbapedia, probably not the most reliable source, and it confirmed my beliefs. So Bulbapedia and I will just live in our lies if you do not mind.
Gen 3 did only have it hit your opponents, but it was changed from Gen 4 on.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I guess, but eh, it has legs, it could try.

Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant act as Hyper Beam equivalents. But they are only available to Starter Pokemon. So no Ice or Electric versions yet.
yeah but I mean actual elemental hyper beams, same specs just different element. Gimme fighting type hyper beam and call it aura storm.
Special attack mega lucario becomes king.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True. That's why I mentioned just raw damage. I don't know, I just think more Physical oriented Fire Types could use a new alternative instead of just Flare Blitz and Fire Punch. Hence my rambling. I suppose Electric types could use another Physical attack too.

Also a flying version too, but that isn't on a special pokemon

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yep, HA Sylveon and M-Gardevoir can use Pixilate Hyper Beam
Also, M-Glalie can use Ice Type Hyper Beam with Refrigerate, but it's better to explode with that thing

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Pixilate, I think.
Also, Electrify.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
yeah but I mean actual elemental hyper beams, same specs just different element. Gimme fighting type hyper beam and call it aura storm.
Special attack mega lucario becomes king.
Blast Burn and the other do the exact same damage(If I remeber correctly). But Fighting/Dark/Psychic version of each would be nice.

Yep, Sylveon and Gardevoir can use Pixilate Hyper Beam
Also, M-Glalie can use Ice Type Hyper Beam with Refrigerate, but it's better to explode with that thing
That's the name. Thanks.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
:079::079::079::079::079::079::079:

Really, that episode was announced a while ago. Also the designs are based on a dA fanart. No, really, the show creators admitted it and asked permission to use them.
The video for the fan art thing is in the link, and the fan art was given to them at Comic Con or something like that.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blast Burn and the other do the exact same damage(If I remeber correctly). But Fighting/Dark/Psychic version of each would be nice.

That's the name. Thanks.
If I'm correct, Punishment (Dark) can have a power of 200.
and Focus Punch has the same base power as the elemental hyper beams.
I'm not sure about Psychic though

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would like to see a Dark-Type Hyper Beam (even the new animation in XY looks like a Dark Type Beam)
Yveltal would be a monster with that

Soul.

Pixilate is what you must be asking.
edit: lol ninja'd

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Omg uprising was such a good game. It took me less than a moth to finish it. But what do I play nowwww.? And why do I feel Ike this is the only good game?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
If I'm correct, Punishment (Dark) can have a power of 200.
and Focus Punch has the same base power as the elemental hyper beams.
I'm not sure about Psychic though
Focus punch blows chunks though, even with substitute it sucks since sound based attackers will hit anyway.

Morbi

Scavenger
Omg uprising was such a good game. It took me less than a moth to finish it. But what do I play nowwww.? And why do I feel Ike this is the only good game?
If more games took me a moth to finish, I would never finish any of them. I am not sure why you feel as though Uprising is the only good game, probably because you liked it? You will find something else champ. It just takes time.

For the time being, you should play Call of Duty. Everyone loves Call of Duty.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Alright who put Bel Air into the story?
I did, along with things related that were daffy, infamous, and pumpkin-y. And the leading man was quite a gentleman, wasn't he? I dare say that Balthier would have disliked him taking his spotlight. Oh, how Balthier would coveted a chance to be in this story like how Ganondorf coveted the wind. :p

Soul.

If more games took me a moth to finish, I would never finish any of them. I am not sure why you feel as though Uprising is the only good game, probably because you liked it? You will find something else champ. It just takes time.

I despise Call of Duty. I guess we're gonna have a letup. :troll:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Focus punch blows chunks though, even with substitute it sucks since sound based attackers will hit anyway.
I know.
I'm just speaking in terms of power.
If I'm correct, aside from Punishment, the next most (Base) powerful Dark Type move is Fling. With an Iron Ball of course.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do not recall that, I thought that you could use surf safely in generation three. I looked it up on Bulbapedia, probably not the most reliable source, and it confirmed my beliefs. So Bulbapedia and I will just live in our lies if you do not mind.
The change occurred in Gen IV.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Well I had that feeling where after you finish a really good game you feel sad cause you think there is no other good game to play. I can't be the only one who's had that feeling along those lines
Also that's like the laaaast game I would play. It was fun with friends but eehhh

Soul.

You despise Call of Duty because you have (a negative Kill to Death ratio) yet to experience Exo Zombies. They are zombies... but in Exo Suits. The innovation is real.
I despise it because of that, and that Activision sucks.
"Nice conversion by Activision..." *claps*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's weird but at the same time smart that Dark Type moves that can be very strong have situational Power; with Fling and Punishment as main examples, also Foul Play can hit really hard by using the opponent's Attack; showing that Dark Type is indeed a sinester type that focuses on manipulation, and dirty/cheap tactics.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well I had that feeling where after you finish a really good game you feel sad cause you think there is no other good game to play. I can't be the only one who's had that feeling along those lines
Also that's like the laaaast game I would play. It was fun with friends but eehhh
As of right now, I have no games to play until MM3d comes out, so I'm currently doing Mario and Luigi Dream Team Hard Mode, amd I might someday attempt Paper Mario TTYD BP only.
Whenever I don't have anything to play, I just go on one of my previous games and either mess around/make my own challenges.
It's fun that way.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:079::079::079::079::079::079::079:

Really, that episode was announced a while ago. Also the designs are based on a dA fanart. No, really, the show creators admitted it and asked permission to use them.
I have been buried by mountains of AP work and haven't watched TV since December, of course I'm behind. :smirk:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, I have had that feeling before. A couple of times, but you always find something eventually, or at least I do. My sister is still stuck on Okami. To this day she has not found a game that she likes more.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You despise Call of Duty because you have (a negative Kill to Death ratio) yet to experience Exo Zombies. They are zombies... but in Exo Suits. The innovation is real.
Nothing is more innovative than the Action Dog. Everything else is just a step down for the whole franchise.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of which, I read through @ Opossum Opossum 's story. And personally I liked it, though I am worried about the thread's mental health (well, even more than usual).

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, it has been exactly 4 months since Smash 3ds came out (Over here, at least)
October 3rd to November 3rd to December 3rd to January 3rd to February 3rd
September, dude. Smash 3DS officially released in Japan in September. Doesn't matter if it was out anywhere else yet, it still came out in September.

That, and my post was nothing more than a sarcastic and smart-aleck joke or a remark to begin with. Not something to be replied to seriously. ¦D

Technically, that is. You're right regardless.
Smash 4 has been out for 7 months if we're talking about the Japanese 3DS release.
Uh, it has not been 7 months since September, Soul. Even counting September itself, it's still 6.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Speaking of which, I read through @ Opossum Opossum 's story. And personally I liked it, though I am worried about the thread's mental health (well, even more than usual).
What?
Why?
Come on, with a first spoken line like, "I am insane" what could possibly be making you think that?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
As of right now, I have no games to play until MM3d comes out, so I'm currently doing Mario and Luigi Dream Team Hard Mode, amd I might someday attempt Paper Mario TTYD BP only.
Whenever I don't have anything to play, I just go on one of my previous games and either mess around/make my own challenges.
It's fun that way.
Oh mm. I'm currently playing the n64 so I won't have a reason to play 3D for a while. Ohhh TTYD was so fun I played it again in late 2013...but my friend took it back..:colorful: But I gues it's ok because I could never beat the shadow peach. She also took back pokemon XD ugh
No, I have had that feeling before. A couple of times, but you always find something eventually, or at least I do. My sister is still stuck on Okami. To this day she has not found a game that she likes more.
I know I will but its even sadder because Nintendo said they were done with the KI franchise :/

Morbi

Scavenger
September, dude. Smash 3DS officially released in Japan in September. Doesn't matter if it was out anywhere else yet, it still came out in September.

That, and my post was nothing more than a sarcastic and smart-aleck joke or a remark to begin with. Not something to be replied to seriously. ¦D

Uh, it has not been 7 months since September, Soul. Even counting September itself, it's still 6.
The official release date is not relevant to America, only the American release matters. 'Murica.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I would like to see a Dark-Type Hyper Beam (even the new animation in XY looks like a Dark Type Beam)
Yveltal would be a monster with that
Want a dark type hyper beam? you should refer to Captain Basch and the first 12 seconds of this video

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I already knew all of this, I just felt like saying things.
Also, yes, it came out in September, but that's still only about 5 months. Still not enough time.
Enough of the talking of this though.
For now we should puzzle our planks!

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Late to the story party, but HOLY FRICK. Opossum's story was such a nice read. Put a little smile on my face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom