• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or is Pokemon getting slightly boring. I was so excited for ORAS... but whenever I sit down to play it, I just get bored of how repetitive Pokemon feels... and I end up playing Smash or Animal Crossing. I still love Pokemon, but sometimes I wonder whether that love arises from nostalgia sake.

T

Trick or Treat

I just realized, some of these Nightcore remixes of Krewella would be perfect for smoking to and driving around with friends.

That's not Madoka, that's meduka, the "protagonist" of meduka meguca. I cropped it, the full image is here:

It's meant to be bad though.
Lol I mean it's not great but it looks okay. It's bad at being bad. Take that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*sees local thermometer*
0°C/32°F, and the sky is orange....dang

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Is it just me, or is Pokemon getting slightly boring. I was so excited for ORAS... but whenever I sit down to play it, I just get bored of how repetitive Pokemon feels... and I end up playing Smash or Animal Crossing. I still love Pokemon, but sometimes I wonder whether that love arises from nostalgia sake.
Hoenn actually was the time when there was not as much substance between gyms, it just does not have much going on as you go along unless you do contests. Also the hand holding shortcuts that events give you also chop away parts of the game.

The problem is you can blow through the game very fast without much effort. Fun but too short.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Hoenn actually was the time when there was not as much substance between gyms, it just does not have much going on as you go along unless you do contests. Also the hand holding shortcuts that events give you also chop away parts of the game.

The problem is you can blow through the game very fast without much effort. Fun but too short.
Prior to playing ORAS, I considered Hoenn to be my favorite region, but after playing through these remakes... they seem so lackluster compared to X/Y... its strange. And I have nothing against remakes either, as I loved FireRed and Heart Gold.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Prior to playing ORAS, I considered Hoenn to be my favorite region, but after playing through these remakes... they seem so lackluster compared to X/Y... its strange. And I have nothing against remakes either, as I loved FireRed and Heart Gold.
It feels lack luster because its almost a 1 to 1 remake of Ruby and Sapphire and not Emerald. Emerald added more to the games such as battle frontier and more/different pokemon on gym leaders. Hoenn ended on a high note in the GBA days with Emerald which was what everyone really remembers most and then everyone gets a jarring feeling when playing ORAS due to expecting the elements from emerald.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Pokemon is probably just becoming stale to you, like it kind of has for me.

I honestly haven't truly enjoyed Pokemon since after Platinum and HG/SS. BW bored me, XY was okay, I mildly enjoyed it but the single player was so poorly paced. :/ I haven't picked up ORAS yet. It's been a combination of things for me.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got back from another unofficial tournament. Another UU one. I managed to scoop second and get $150, but some guy named Ed had this Whimsicott who just crushed my team with SubLeech.

I paid off my rent, and... I'm broke again. X( Getting that much money just to give it to someone else. Being an adult sucks.

On a different note, someone should gift me premium so I can change my name and title. Because It's almost Christmas. And I have rare Pokemon. Mull it over.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally for me it's a bit of that and that it's fun to plan out a balaced team of Pokemon for a run. Oh which, I do think Amie and Super Training has given more value to.

ORAS didn't shock me as much as XY, but the better use of the XY Game Engine definitely surprised me at how alive the world is, it honestly makes Kalos seem pretty dull by comparison. The story is also a lot more satisfying IMO, Team Aqua/Magma make a lot more sense and the side characters are much more fleshed out to the point that it's probably better than Black/White.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should have remade Red and Blue on the new engine

Or better yet Yellow!

T

Trick or Treat

It feels lack luster because its almost a 1 to 1 remake of Ruby and Sapphire and not Emerald. Emerald added more to the games such as battle frontier and more/different pokemon on gym leaders. Hoenn ended on a high note in the GBA days with Emerald which was what everyone really remembers most and then everyone gets a jarring feeling when playing ORAS due to expecting the elements from emerald.
Truth.
Nightcore remixes are always good.
They are. I've been listening nonstop lately.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Totally random, but why the hell am I constantly thirsty? Really! I drink a ton of water and I'm still thirsty. Sometimes I take a nap for about an hour or two and wake up like I was thrown out of a desert... I'll be back... Gonna check if this might be a symptom of some killer disease, condition, thing.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Im still waiting for the time that merely having the HM lets you go along your merry way instead of forcing you to have a total garbage pokemon as an HM slave. Or replace HMs with key items.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Totally random, but why the hell am I constantly thirsty? Really! I drink a ton of water and I'm still thirsty. Sometimes I take a nap for about an hour or two and wake up like I was thrown out of a desert... I'll be back... Gonna check if this might be a symptom of some killer disease, condition, thing.
Are you diabetic?

T

Trick or Treat

Im still waiting for the time that merely having the HM lets you go along your merry way instead of forcing you to have a total garbage pokemon as an HM slave. Or replace HMs with key items.
wat r u saying.

My Azumarill, which is a Pokemon I've had in my team in White 2, Y, and Alpha Sapphire, is the best there is with Huge Power. Had it learn Strength, Waterfall, and Surf. It kicked ass in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Are you diabetic?
Nope, checked some stuff and it might just be something "normal as people age", a side effect of drinking too much and your body having a habit of having water, or potential onset of cancer or some horrible disease. Yay medical stuff! How you drive people paranoid and never have a final conclusion until it's pretty much too late.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And making Miiverse Memories? And joking about Shrek too? So many questions.. they need an answer..
I'm glad I left Miiverse. The only positive thing about that venture was MiiverseAfterDark.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
wat r u saying.

My Azumarill, which is a Pokemon I've had in my team in White 2, Y, and Alpha Sapphire, is the best there is with Huge Power. Had it learn Strength, Waterfall, and Surf. It kicked *** in battle.
But what if I want a full team of pokemon that I want and not have one or two spots be restricted by pokemon I don't want but need to use? It defeats the whole purpose and spirit of pokemon collecting.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Also, I feel like Pokemon is being milked as of right now.. there is always a new pokemon game each year for like the past what, like 3 years? Next year will be Pokemon Z, or something like that. I don't know, each year I just feel less and less hyped.

T

Trick or Treat

But what if I want a full team of pokemon that I want and not have one or two spots be restricted by pokemon I don't want but need to use? It defeats the whole purpose and spirit of pokemon collecting.
I guess I got lucky. I WANTED Azumarill, and these particular HMs are actually viable in battle.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Also, I feel like Pokemon is being milked as of right now.. there is always a new pokemon game each year for like the past what, like 3 years? Next year will be Pokemon Z, or something like that. I don't know, each year I just feel less and less hyped.
Man, I want a console Pokemon game... like a sequel to the ones on the GC o something >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel EXP ALL and super training has made the game less fun for me

Sure, it's super convenient

But at the same time it completely changes the way I play the game

D

Deleted member

I'm glad I left Miiverse. The only positive thing about that venture was MiiverseAfterDark.
I wasn't involved with it but what was it about? Never understood what was going on with it. The only remotely good thing is that you can add friends. That's it. :troll: and Art Academy: SketchPad drawings.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I guess I got lucky. I WANTED Azumarill, and these particular HMs are actually viable in battle.
Perhaps but being in the age where you can make pokemon be online ready as soon as you catch them the HMs get in the way horribly. Its painful to have to replace a good move or 2 for strength or rock smash or put a physical based HM on a special attacker which makes it effectively have only 3 usable moves. You get zero freedom when it comes to HMs.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I wasn't involved with it but what was it about? Never understood what was going on with it. The only remotely good thing is that you can add friends. That's it. :troll: and Art Academy: SketchPad drawings.
Long story short: This user named "StoicBard" and his many alt accounts started drawing "saucy" pictures of many Nintendo characters. Eventually more users got in on the trend then eventually the guy left. I haven't posted ever since.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Long story short: This user named "StoicBard" and his many alt accounts started drawing "saucy" pictures of many Nintendo characters. Eventually more users got in on the trend then eventually the guy left. I haven't posted ever since.
Anything of Daisy?

donpedrox

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonPedrox
So I just got done playing a rather long For Glory play session and I just wasn't in it today. I got completely wrecked a few times. one guy who by the name of John played lil Mac even went so far as to say "lol" and then "U_SUCK" in his tags before leaving.Needless to say it left a rather bad taste and now im lurking on the boards.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So I just got done playing a rather long For Glory play session and I just wasn't in it today. I got completely wrecked a few times. one guy who by the name of John played lil Mac even went so far as to say "lol" and then "U_SUCK" in his tags before leaving.Needless to say it left a rather bad taste and now im lurking on the boards.
So you ran across so *******. I'll 360 noscope them for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom